United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2018, 04:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
What I’ve learned from this thread is that people will twist “facts” based on what their viewpoint is.

Unread 11-01-2018, 07:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

What I’ve learned from this thread is that people will twist “facts” based on what their viewpoint is.

Expected better from people on the internet tbh
Something tells me that this was not posted in total sincerity

Unread 12-01-2018, 05:48 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Well, straight away, Milinkovic-Savic never turned up Memphis didn’t cost £30m, Martial didn’t cost £54m etc.

Van Dyk just went for 75 million. Prices of players have skyrocketed since the Dutch clown was here. Even a complete £#%&!tard like your good self would surely understand & acknowledge that . LVG spent more in real terms than Mourinho & we actually went backwards under him , unless you think 66 points is better than 70 points

Unread 12-01-2018, 06:43 AM
20 times

Di María was pretty cheap tbf

So was Martial

Schneiderlin and Depay were both signed for £2 each too iirc

Shaw another free transfer

Unread 12-01-2018, 06:46 AM
dunk

Quote:
Di María was pretty cheap tbf

So was Martial

Schneiderlin and Depay were both signed for £2 each too iirc

Shaw another free transfer
Seriously, you should go back to Red Cafe. You’re far too £#%&!ing dumb for this site

Unread 12-01-2018, 06:54 AM
20 times

“Having to pick up cheapo’s like Blind and Rojo”

I would laugh but I don’t like mocking the mentally ill

Unread 12-01-2018, 06:56 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:

Do it, it’s good to laugh at yourself.

Unread 12-01-2018, 06:57 AM
20 times

Quote:
Do it, it’s good to laugh at yourself.
Very good

Unread 12-01-2018, 07:00 AM
dunk

Quote:
Very good
If you don’t think Blind & Rojo at £16m each, Schweinsteiger at £8m, Darmian at £16m etc. Were evidence of the level LvG was being asked to shop at, I pity you tbh. He had a budget and a was having to get as many players as possible with it.

Mourinho is having a similar issue in that the board isn’t releasing as much money as he wants, but is having to make do with a stronger pool of players to pick from.

Unread 12-01-2018, 07:47 AM
20 times

Quote:
If you don’t think Blind & Rojo at £16m each, Schweinsteiger at £8m, Darmian at £16m etc. Were evidence of the level LvG was being asked to shop at, I pity you tbh. He had a budget and a was having to get as many players as possible with it.

Mourinho is having a similar issue in that the board isn’t releasing as much money as he wants, but is having to make do with a stronger pool of players to pick from.
You’re a very good WUM tbf

Have some good rep. You had me going for a while

Unread 12-01-2018, 07:52 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

This other lad keeps repeating that, whatever the actual records, LvG spent more than Mou “in real terms” and you jump on Dunk.

Sad to see such bias. Thought more of you tbh.

Unread 12-01-2018, 08:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
You’re a very good WUM tbf

Have some good rep. You had me going for a while
Honestly, you have to be the WUM, you're like RiC's less charismatic, less interesting younger brother.

Unread 12-01-2018, 08:54 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yes

Think we would have had a decent shout without the injuries.

But certainly after another £300m and far more options in attack.
Lvg wouldn't have got £300m. He had already spent God knows how much.

People love to throw these numbers round each summer as if each spending spree is building on the last one. Most of ours has been correcting the last guys mistakes, or at least implementing their own style etc.

We're paying for having 4 managers in 6 years.

Unread 12-01-2018, 08:57 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Lvg wouldn't have got £300m. He had already spent God knows how much.

People love to throw these numbers round each summer as if each spending spree is building on the last one. Most of ours has been correcting the last guys mistakes, or at least implementing their own style etc.

We're paying for having 4 managers in 6 years.
We’ll be doing it again when Mou £#%&!s off replacing Lukaku, Mkhitaryan, Zlatan and Matic at least.

I blame the board and the way the club is run primarily.

Unread 12-01-2018, 09:40 AM
Clarkie

£#%&!ing hell....

Unread 12-01-2018, 09:45 AM
andyroo

Quote:
We’ll be doing it again when Mou £#%&!s off replacing Lukaku, Mkhitaryan, Zlatan and Matic at least.

I blame the board and the way the club is run primarily.
I think we all do.

Matic isn't ready for the scrap heap just yet, our next manager should get some use out of him. Unless you're one of those weirdos who think Mourinho's going to break the habit of a lifetime and somehow become stable and persistent because we're different and special, but I don't think anyone could accuse you of that

Lukaku isn't ever making the money back either so we're probably stuck with him for a bit too, but next manager is going to want a striker or two so there's another cost he's built up for the future with a bad buy, which is what Van Gaal's being accused of.

Unread 12-01-2018, 09:56 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
£#%&!ing hell....
Van Gaal was starved of funds. I've heard it all now.

The facts are Louis finished 4th in his first season. Finished 5th in his second, won the FA cup and got knocked out of the CL group stages before getting knocked out of the Europa by the dippers.

Mou finished 6th and won the League Cup and Europa league in his first season. Cruised through the CL group stages and is currently second to a ridiculous city side.

Proportionally they've both spent similar amounts. There's no contest in terms of managerial performance.

The major difference is Mou is cleaning up two managers messes rather than just one.

Unread 12-01-2018, 10:02 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Tbf LVG broke the British record when he signed Di Maria.

Not sure what the argument is here and I can't be arsed to go back through the thread to find out what it is tbh. But what I will say is the reason Van Gaal had to spread his budget out so much and pick up cheapo's as you call it, is because he decimated the squad and left himself short

Also I'd say the reason Mou has had more to spend his board believe he's better at identifying players than what Van Gaal was, players such as Rojo, Darmian, Blind etc were never good enough to be starting players for us.
1st season:
Summer: Buttner, Bebe, Kagawa, Nani, Cleverley, Chicharito.
Winter: Anderson, Fletcher

2nd season:
Summer: van Persie, Rafael, Di María, Evans

Decimated? It was generally players everyone expected to leave. We didn’t sign enough players, but that was more do with the fact there was so much work to be done. This idea that clearing the decks of those players is the issue is ridiculous.

United have been playing catch up in the market for years. Which is why even after Mourinho has ploughed another £300m in we still feel well short of where we really want to be.

Unread 12-01-2018, 10:06 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
1st season:
Summer: Buttner, Bebe, Kagawa, Nani, Cleverley, Chicharito.
Winter: Anderson, Fletcher

2nd season:
Summer: van Persie, Rafael, Di María, Evans

Decimated? It was generally players everyone expected to leave. We didn’t sign enough players, but that was more do with the fact there was so much work to be done. This idea that clearing the decks of those players is the issue is ridiculous.

United have been playing catch up in the market for years. Which is why even after Mourinho has ploughed another £300m in we still feel well short of where we really want to be.
Thank £#%&! for that!

Unread 12-01-2018, 10:07 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I think we all do.

Matic isn't ready for the scrap heap just yet, our next manager should get some use out of him. Unless you're one of those weirdos who think Mourinho's going to break the habit of a lifetime and somehow become stable and persistent because we're different and special, but I don't think anyone could accuse you of that

Lukaku isn't ever making the money back either so we're probably stuck with him for a bit too, but next manager is going to want a striker or two so there's another cost he's built up for the future with a bad buy, which is what Van Gaal's being accused of.

Don’t think you’d ever think we’re special but hey.... United, Ireland, trends, fashion etc ...

Sorry rooers ...

Wish some of you OOTs would leave the support to supporters.... I know, you are doing.
Closed Thread