United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:18 PM
legendary saf

Default United prepare Quagliarella bid

Manchester United are preparing a £10m offer for Sampdoria striker Fabio Quagliarella, according to the British Press.

The Blucerchiato, who is half owned by Udinese, scored 13 Serie A goals for his club this season and impressed for Italy with a stunning brace in their recent Euro 2008 qualifier against Lithuania.

The Daily Express claims that the Reds are ready to pay £10m for the 23-year-old, as they search for young blood up-front after Louis Saha underwent knee surgery which could rule him out for six months.

Udinese and Sampdoria have allegedly already agreed to leave Quagliarella in Genoa, although Blucerchiati general director Beppe Marotta admitted that a high offer would be taken into consideration.

“We can’t make any evaluations now, but we want to keep him here, also because of the excellent relationship we have with Udinese,” stated Marotta.

“We would only consider letting him leave if we were to receive an extraordinary offer,” he added.

Meanwhile, Roma are also following Quagliarella and might ask Sampdoria to buy their half of the player’s ownership, offering striker Mirko Vucinic, young goalkeeper Gianluca Curci and cash in return.

The Blucerchiato, who would join Francesco Totti and Amantino Mancini to form an impressive attacking department, could reportedly be offered a £1m-per-season deal by the Giallorossi.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/jun14h.html

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Rhodzy

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:21 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Do you rate him?

Samp fan from another site reckons he'd fit in well at United

Quote:
of all the teams that are allegedly after him, I personally think Quagliarella would be most needed at Man U. I think he would fit in well into their three pronged attack formation, and he is IMO better than Saha. He is very hard working and can drop back - like Smith - but is also very skillful - unlike Smith. ie he is better than Smith.

That said I am still clinging to the hope he stays, on the grounds that it is in his interest to do so...
He scores some great goals too.

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Do you rate him?

I do rate him but I don't believe it, hes wants to stay in Italy and he probably will. I'd be suprised and delighted if he signed but I think we will be signing a striker from Spain.

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:27 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
I do rate him but I don't believe it, hes wants to stay in Italy and he probably will. I'd be suprised and delighted if he signed but I think we will be signing a striker from Spain.
Im worried its gonna be Gudjohnsen.

If its one out of Villa, Eto'o, Torres then there are no excuses for us not to win the league and/or Champions League.

And im usually very pessimistic.

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Do you rate him?

Was that quote a WUM?

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Paul Mcgrath

Gudjohsen is class. Whoever we get out of everyone we're being linked with, none of them would disappoint me.

Defoe
Owen
Quagmire Giggedy Giggedy Goo
Torres
Tevez
Eto'o.

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:34 PM
antonin jablonsky

Has anyone here actually seen him play?

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:35 PM
ivan9188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mcgrath
Gudjohsen is class. Whoever we get out of everyone we're being linked with, none of them would disappoint me.

DefoeOwen
Quagmire Giggedy Giggedy Goo
Torres
Tevez
Eto'o.
WUM

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Paul Mcgrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I've seen a 3 minute youtube compilation of him, with background music by Scooch, and on that basis i can confirm he's better than Jesus.

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Paul Mcgrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan9188
WUM
Defoe is a £#%&!ing good striker. Quick, good first touch, powerful shot. He should have been starting over Keane for the last 2 seasons. I guarantee if we get him he will score us goals.

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Smeggs

obviously not evidence to buy the lad but some great goals, both feet and head and nice overhead kick too.

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:41 PM
ivan9188

Quote:
Defoe is a £#%&!ing good striker. Quick, good first touch, powerful shot. He should have been starting over Keane for the last 2 seasons. I guarantee if we get him he will score us goals.
Very hit and miss player imo. He would be last resort if even that.

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Yep. My opinion of him, copied from another thread:
Quote:
Quagliarellla is a very exciting prospect. He's been a revelation this season and has often carried a mediocre Sampdoria side. By nature he's a second striker, but he has frequently been deployed on both wings (not always to great effect). He has good technique, agility and balance, works hard and is a fantastic striker of the ball. Having said that, he's 23 and this is the first season where he's consistently performed at a high level, so signing him would definitely be a gamble.
Towards the end of the season he had to play as the targetman for Samp, he did reasonably well but he plays much better when he's facing goal.

He has also played as a wide forward in a 4-3-3 for the Italian national team. In that role he plays from outside to in, cutting inside with the ball to shoot at goal or try and create something.

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I've seen a 3 minute youtube compilation of him, with background music by Scooch, and on that basis i can confirm he's better than Jesus.
Well for this place that makes you an expert.

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Yep. .
How?

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
How?
What do you mean? He plays in Serie A, not the Bulgarian second division.

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:55 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
What do you mean? He plays in Serie A, not the Bulgarian second division.
I wasn't aware Serie A was on UK tele?

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:55 PM
sharath

Quote:
Have seen him in 6-7 matches.

Scores some audacious goals, but for me concentration in not full on, position and movement off the ball is not great, gets into wrong positions. ( but he is young and was playing for sampdoria ). He is a bit like le tessier...dunno whether he can fit in with rapid one touch passing football.

Anyways....

doubt he will go anywhere else when Juventus are interested.

Unread 14-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Whip Hubley

it's quagmire! it's quagmire!

GIGGEDYGIGGEDYGIGGEDY LET'S SCORE GOALS!
Closed Thread