Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Chong and Woodworth to start at the weekend yhihf

Unread 20-12-2018, 09:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Easy to say he's pandering.... but I wish Jose £#%&!ing pandered more.
He did a bit at the start, but reverted to type before too long.

Unread 20-12-2018, 09:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Easy to say he's pandering.... but I wish Jose £#%&!ing pandered more.

He's well spoken, composed and confident.

Let's not forget his job: bring some positivity back.

If properly coached and given a platform, this group of players are good enough to beat most of the teams in this league. They all get a fresh start. They should all feel confident of making an impression.

We have some kind fixtures and the pile of games is probably a good thing for once. It'll give him time to experiment, opportunities to make mistakes and quickly correct them and we suddenly have a situation where the fans are looking forward to next few weeks.

What a crazy week.
Balance needs to be found. In the modern era managers are more meticulous than ever. Just sending them out to express themselves and trying to ride the buzz will only last so long. Ask Giggs, who quickly went from winning his first game 4-0 or whatever to getting beat at OT by Sunderland.

Six months is a pretty long time and it won’t be long before he is tested tactically. The low expectations help though. Both he and the team won’t be under too much pressure in the big games as long as they’re taking care of business against the dross.

Unread 20-12-2018, 09:16 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
IMAGINE Mourinho saying that.

Unread 20-12-2018, 09:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Reading game could be interesting.

Unread 20-12-2018, 09:19 PM
Buck

There hasn't been an academy debut for 18 months. Think last season was the first in over 30 years where not one academy player made a debut.

Unread 20-12-2018, 09:21 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Balance needs to be found. In the modern era managers are more meticulous than ever. Just sending them out to express themselves and trying to ride the buzz will only last so long. Ask Giggs, who quickly went from winning his first game 4-0 or whatever to getting beat at OT by Sunderland.

Six months is a pretty long time and it won’t be long before he is tested tactically. The low expectations help though. Both he and the team won’t be under too much pressure in the big games as long as they’re taking care of business against the dross.
I don't think that's really the point right now.

Its a first interview where we're trying to learn about his overall approach. He says it's about how we play.

That's not to say that he's but going to ignore the opposition. He was always an intelligent player, who would study the game from the bench.

It's a general point. He's not going to go into detail in a 4 minute interview. It's just a case of getting a feel.

Giggs has zero experience as a manager and still had a respectable record from 4 games.

Of course he'll be tested tactically... but I'll take that over Mourinhos last days where the basics were tested and it didn't even get to tactics.

In short, stop being a miserable bastard, Siders.

Unread 20-12-2018, 09:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I don't think that's really the point right now.

Its a first interview where we're trying to learn about his overall approach. He says it's about how we play.

That's not to say that he's but going to ignore the opposition. He was always an intelligent player, who would study the game from the bench.

It's a general point. He's not going to go into detail in a 4 minute interview. It's just a case of getting a feel.

Giggs has zero experience as a manager and still had a respectable record from 4 games.

Of course he'll be tested tactically... but I'll take that over Mourinhos last days where the basics were tested and it didn't even get to tactics.

In short, stop being a miserable bastard, Siders.
I said earlier tactics don’t matter for the next several games

But I do think Giggsy thought just taking the shackles off would be enough. If only it were that simple.

Unread 20-12-2018, 09:28 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I said earlier tactics don’t matter for the next several games

But I do think Giggsy thought just taking the shackles off would be enough. If only it were that simple.
Ryan Giggs once described Liverpool v United games as 'a war of nutrition'.

Solskjaer is better at this than Giggs.

Unread 20-12-2018, 09:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Unread 20-12-2018, 10:06 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 20-12-2018, 10:08 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

We are United again

I love you all rn

Unread 20-12-2018, 10:16 PM
browser

Quote:

Unread 20-12-2018, 10:37 PM
dunk

Unread 20-12-2018, 10:44 PM
goonlooca

https://twitter.com/footballqueeen/s...742338/photo/1

Unread 20-12-2018, 11:28 PM
dunk

Wonder if he can change the shorts to white and the socks to black? That £#%&!ing kit and the pink monstrosity should die with Mourinho. Knew this season was going to be a horror as soon as I saw it

Unread 20-12-2018, 11:29 PM
Clownbones

Watched the full 20 minutes.

He's a positive, calm and intelligent fella.

Says all the right things and it is just a delight to have him back.

He's the first manager we've had since Fergie left who instantly understands what the club is all about. What he lacks in in big time experience, he makes up for in his passion for the club.

What a £#%&!ing legend

Unread 20-12-2018, 11:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Great stuff about Fergie at 5:30

"We have to get used to winning again"

Unread 21-12-2018, 12:02 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

Closed Thread