United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:25 PM
andyroo

Course I do.

I know we're shit, and it boils my piss, but if I didn't enjoy football I wouldn't care.

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Ashley's Grime

I was pining for some proper football a few days ago as the horror of the close season was approaching. The seaon hasn't even finished yet and I'm £#%&!ing dreading it.

I was even watching the wimmens world cup last summer, just to see some competitive football.

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:31 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
I was even watching the wimmens world cup last summer, just to see some competitive football.
desperation stuff. Know the feeling

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
I still enjoy watching football, like MJ said it’s about the moments and there’s nothing like the feeling when Martial scores on his debut against the scousers or Rashford scores against City.

Yes, those moments are (much) fewer these days but they’re still there nonetheless.

I’m looking forward to the Euros, I always do. That followed by the Olympics makes for a good summer imo
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Course I do.

I know we're shit, and it boils my piss, but if I didn't enjoy football I wouldn't care.
This

But I know £#%&! all about any other team beyond United these days. Obviously it helped with smaller squads and settled line ups, but it used to be possible to name the starting 11 of each and every top flight team and give their position in the league at any given point in the season etc. I barely know who manages half the premier league teams these days and I don’t know the names of any of the mascots anymore.

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:34 PM
suedeshoes

Love it. Watched 70-odd live games from the Premier League down to the North West Counties league this season, plus all the United games on the telly that I didn't see live, plus loads of other teams on the telly, plus my lads team about 35 times. Buzzin for the Euro's. 3 games a day

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:34 PM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
I still enjoy watching football, like MJ said it’s about the moments and there’s nothing like the feeling when Martial scores on his debut against the scousers or Rashford scores against City.

Yes, those moments are (much) fewer these days but they’re still there nonetheless.

I’m looking forward to the Euros, I always do. That followed by the Olympics makes for a good summer imo
You can get your summer fix of Rojo in the Copa America too.

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
desperation stuff. Know the feeling
I sense Grimers would be watching as much for the absolute munters on show as for the football. In fact entirely for the munters.

Where does football rank Vs cricket for you Rooers?

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:39 PM
plopborsky

I still look forward to watching united then feel £#%&!ing dirty about 10 mins in and wonder why the £#%&! I am wasting my time again and again.

This weekend is a great example. Cup final and I am heading out to a beer festival I could not give a £#%&! about missing the game tbh.

I have watched less games this year outside of united than I can remember I just find better things to do

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:43 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
I sense Grimers would be watching as much for the absolute munters on show as for the football. In fact entirely for the munters.

Where does football rank Vs cricket for you Rooers?
Football's been #1 since I was about 14. Except I'd probably £#%&! off even a United game if the Ashes was on the other side, but only then.

Living in Ireland's probably made a difference too, there's less cricket around me if you know what I mean, you're not talking about it much at work or in the pub like with football.

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Mr_Ed

United fans not finding it enjoyable when we've gone shit shocker.

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:46 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Blocked on Facebook

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Blocked on Facebook
Not on it anymore

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:49 PM
dunk

Deffo ready for a break. Could've done with a summer with no tournament tbh.

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:50 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
United fans not finding it enjoyable when we've gone shit shocker.
I don't think its just that I was the same after Moscow. I just think I peaked, at that moment that glorious 10 mins of utter euphoria could not be matched. Just a personal thing more than anything. That and moving around not being around mates that I watch it with adds up.

I was so excited about LVG coming in as well

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:53 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
This weekend is a great example. Cup final and I am heading out to a beer festival I could not give a £#%&! about missing the game tbh.
I've been known to make plans like that only to spend the entire event I'm supposed to be at hunched over a total stranger's phone with a bunch of other lads.

Suppose I'm a bit like that bloke in Looking for Eric who does a big flounce out of the pub to show how little he cares about Big United, only to keep looking through the window to see what the score is.

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:55 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
I don't think its just that I was the same after Moscow. I just think I peaked, at that moment that glorious 10 mins of utter euphoria could not be matched. Just a personal thing more than anything. That and moving around not being around mates that I watch it with adds up.

I was so excited about LVG coming in as well
I thought I peaked in Moscow but that lasted until, really, CL final in 2011. Not because we lost, but it's not been as fun the last few years for various (football and non-football reasons). Regardless, I've had 20 odd years of unbelievable moments following United with hopefully many more to come. Let's just call this current phase a bit of a hiatus and we'll be back

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:55 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
I know what you mean. I was in exactly the same position for the semi. Ultimately, I skipped the festival for an hour and watched the second half in a pub. In hindsight, I would not have wanted to miss De Gea's penalty save and the Martial winner. I know it's mostly been shit but there is always a small chance something ace could happen.

As for football in general, couldn't give a shit. The hipsters and Goldbridges make me feel dirty by association.

Unread 16-05-2016, 03:00 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
I thought I peaked in Moscow but that lasted until, really, CL final in 2011. Not because we lost, but it's not been as fun the last few years for various (football and non-football reasons). Regardless, I've had 20 odd years of unbelievable moments following United with hopefully many more to come. Let's just call this current phase a bit of a hiatus and we'll be back
agree pol. That's the strange bit I still look forward to the games etc its like a drug you cannot kick waiting for the next high.

Unread 16-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Not on it anymore
Hadn't noticed

Unread 16-05-2016, 03:11 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Still love United but sometimes have to force myself to even watch us on the TV. I wouldn't go to see United if I got a free ticket and a free taxi to and from OT. As for football in general, I think I watched two games at the last World cup and it'll be the same with the Euros, zero interest. If football is on the TV now it's more of a background noise rather than actually sitting watching it.

So in answer to your question, no.
Closed Thread