United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Child of Darkness

Default Do you actually still enjoy football ?

I have to say my interest is waning.

Not sure if it's just lvgs terrible football , the increasingly boring nature of the premier league or what .

Either way I've never got less pleasure from football than I have this season .

Struggling to give a £#%&! and the thought of euro 2016

Unread 16-05-2016, 01:35 PM
believe

No, not one little bit. It's only the love I have for united that keeps me watching the game and I doubt I'll ever watch another game that doesn't involve us. I have no desire whatsoever to watch the euro's.

Unread 16-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Jethro

Since I've pretty much stopped playing all together, no, not really. The spark has been lost for the game as a whole. I could have a guess one of Madrid/Barca and Bayern won their respective leagues but the rest? No chance.

Unread 16-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Fat Al

Looking forward to watching the Euros when England are out.

I love watching Al Jnr playing football.

United under LvG .... I'm like a bloke whose missus £#%&!s every man she can get behind her fellas back.
Every game I think "This time it'll be different" but is never £#%&!ing is & I wonder why bother.

But I keep on bothering. I suppose it's cos I remember us when we were shit & I hope another Fergie will appear to save us.

Unread 16-05-2016, 01:44 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Football no, United meh.
I've had a season ticket since the age of 6. Never miss a home game and go to as many aways as I can get tickets for. This season the only real time that I've enjoyed myself was Liverpool at home in the league, Derby in the cup, City away, Arsenal at home, West Ham in the cup and the semi final. It's not a recent thing either. I've been like this since 99, it's just that when 'it' happens it's worth all the shite.
What else am I going to do on a Saturday/Sunday? Go to the park with the kids/shopping with the wife? No ta.

Unread 16-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Lok

I £#%&!ing love being a sarcastic #@&%! about the current load of @#%&!s that wear the shirt.

Pessimism is me and I wear it all.

Unread 16-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Sparky***

I don't enjoy watching United that much any more - which has basically been my biggest joy in football all my life.

Yes I still enjoy football I'll probably watch most games in the euros simply because along with boxing it's my favourite sport.

Unread 16-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Billy Redface

I enjoy watching teams I don't care about. Feel more duty-bound re United.

Don't really Watch city or Liverpool much. Don't want to be angry in my spare time.

Unread 16-05-2016, 01:47 PM
TheFatGoth

Not at all. Watch/follow it through habit more than anything these days.

I enjoy the odd game/moment but generally it's a load of shite tbh.

Unread 16-05-2016, 01:48 PM
Switching Off

Thumbs up

Bloody love footy me

Unread 16-05-2016, 01:51 PM
Child of Darkness

Real Madrid are occasionally entertaining . I can generally leave the rest . Including Utd . Only really bothered this season as the boy likes it and it's something to do with him .

Perhaps it's cos football is just everywhere , every night . Less is more .

Maybe a change of management will enthuse us all ? Maybe not .

Unread 16-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Rorschach

I used to do United home, away & Euros.

I now find myself watching more & more non United games on tv in the boozer these days.

I still enjoy football but prefer not to be bored to death by van Gaal's United.

Unread 16-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Real Madrid are occasionally entertaining . I can generally leave the rest . Including Utd . Only really bothered this season as the boy likes it and it's something to do with him .

Perhaps it's cos football is just everywhere , every night . Less is more .

Maybe a change of management will enthuse us all ? Maybe not .
Football is always better when your team is doing well. Ask Leicester fans right now whether they love football..........ask them the same question last season when they were scrabbling around the bottom 3; hadn't won a game for 3 months you'd get a vastly different answer i'm guessing.

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

love watching united win lose or draw even though it winds me up.

nothing like watching united when we're at it - on or off the pitch

not arsed about any other football, can completely take or leave any game on the tele. most games i wouldn't even open the curtains etc...

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:01 PM
Baron

I love the game, I imagine it's just me getting older but the rest of it, the hyperbole etc just does my head in.

Van Gaal's United is also a problem, the £#%&!ing joy vampire.

Looking forward to the Euro's though, fingers are firmly crossed for next season as well.

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Bloody love footy me

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:03 PM
King Eric

We are playing the worst football since I started being a fan in the early 70s. Even under Moyse we tried to attack and we weren't boring, but under Van Gaal it's been dire. I can accept boring football as long as we are a great defensive unit, winning close games and vying for the top honours, which is what I expect under Mourhino.

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:08 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I love the game, I imagine it's just me getting older but the rest of it, the hyperbole etc just does my head in.

Van Gaal's United is also a problem, the £#%&!ing joy vampire.

Looking forward to the Euro's though, fingers are firmly crossed for next season as well.
agree with all that.

It's still (as it ever was) all about the 'moments' - Rashford at City, Martial against Liverpool & Everton, Rooney at Anfield, Rashford first half brace against Arsenal -
but the hype, over analysis, hysteria & bullshit is unbearable at times, & so for that reason I don't watch other games nowadays.

I don't enjoy watching United, which is a sad state of affairs tbh

This summer could provide a lift though. A change of manager, a couple of decent buys, an enjoyable Euros.

Have to see.
Not holding my breath though.

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:16 PM
75Red

Not really, and it's not just because we're shit.

Started going to OT more than 40 years ago. Have been a season ticket holder for most of that time, except for a few years when I was away too much with work to be able to justify it. I really don't remember us ever playing football this awful game in game out.

I think my interest in the game in general has been waning for about 5 years or so but this season I've really not been arsed about any of it, not just United.

I didn't go yesterday and probably won't go tomorrow night.

Unread 16-05-2016, 02:25 PM
jaffo

I still enjoy watching football, like MJ said it’s about the moments and there’s nothing like the feeling when Martial scores on his debut against the scousers or Rashford scores against City.

Yes, those moments are (much) fewer these days but they’re still there nonetheless.

I’m looking forward to the Euros, I always do. That followed by the Olympics makes for a good summer imo
Closed Thread