Closed Thread

Unread 16-09-2015, 11:51 PM
Clarkie

Default David Gill Interview

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....utive-10070089

Unread 16-09-2015, 11:54 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
In 2008, when we won the Champions League, we decided that we couldn’t rely on Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo to score all the goals
Yeah, not many goals there

Unread 17-09-2015, 12:03 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Berba was a pure vanity purchase by Fergie and one that he very quickly lost confidence in

Unread 17-09-2015, 12:04 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
"...by the way Frasier, do me a favour, you’re going to Tottenham now."

Unread 17-09-2015, 01:26 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
on here there's a tendency to be a bit revisionist about that.

I recall this forum in particular thought the missing piece of the jigsaw was an out and out striker, and many used the missed chances in the Moscow final as evidence.

Unread 17-09-2015, 06:56 AM
thrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Berba was a pure vanity purchase by Fergie and one that he very quickly lost confidence in
The narrative that was knocking around at the time was very much, "we need a target man."

Unread 17-09-2015, 06:58 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush
The narrative that was knocking around at the time was very much, "we need a target man."

*story...

Narrative was only invented / hammered the last few years..

Unread 17-09-2015, 07:58 AM
20 times

The @#%&!s getting nostalgic for this @#%&! make me sick.

The judas @#%&! went from the Glazer takeover not being in the interests of the club and then sucked them off.

Also, there were plenty of £#%&! ups when he was here:

Lucas Moura
Bebe
United getting less for shirt sponsorship than Lyon and Gill saying commercial revenues had already been maximised

Unread 17-09-2015, 10:39 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
The @#%&!s getting nostalgic for this @#%&! make me sick.

The judas @#%&! went from the Glazer takeover not being in the interests of the club and then sucked them off.

Also, there were plenty of £#%&! ups when he was here:

Lucas Moura
Bebe
United getting less for shirt sponsorship than Lyon and Gill saying commercial revenues had already been maximised

trying a bit hard here pal

Unread 17-09-2015, 10:51 AM
My Name is Keith

He left the club at a horrific time - wanted to be seen walking out hand in hand with fergie all smiles and didn't we do well at a time the club needed stability. Can't imagine the club forced him to leave so can only surmise that the shit house bailed out when he saw a tricky period on the horizon.

This on top of the 'debt is bad, oh hang on, they've offered me a job now with improved terms so ignore I said that' %@#$&!s.

A true @#%&! of the game.

WOODWARD (weird autocorrect) is far more honourable as laughable as that sounds.

Unread 17-09-2015, 10:55 AM
Denis Irwell

so, he sucked off the Glazers or walked out on them at a horrific time?

Unread 17-09-2015, 11:07 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
so, he sucked off the Glazers or walked out on them at a horrific time?
Yeah £#%&! principles as long as they pay me enough.

Unread 17-09-2015, 11:11 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
A mantra to live by.

Unread 17-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Maybe he left because of his priciples? Maybe because he didn't immediately march out like any self respecting 19 yr old on here and buy a green and gold scarf he's a bigger @#%&! than the other two below who did a lot better out of the Glazers.

Note Fergie has no such scruples and even that £#%&!ing worm Edwards who is the real culprit in all this seems to get a free ride.

Unread 17-09-2015, 11:25 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Maybe he left because of his priciples? Maybe because he didn't immediately march out like any self respecting 19 yr old on here and buy a green and gold scarf he's a bigger @#%&! than the other two below who did a lot better out of the Glazers.

Note Fergie has no such scruples and even that £#%&!ing worm Edwards who is the real culprit in all this seems to get a free ride.
Note this is a David Gill thread.

Don't follow the broken biscuits English in the first para. 'Maybe he left because of his priciples?' what does that mean? You mean he rediscovered his principles when Fergie's left? Eh? Why you on about?

Unread 17-09-2015, 11:35 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Note this is a David Gill thread.

Don't follow the broken biscuits English in the first para. 'Maybe he left because of his priciples?' what does that mean? You mean he rediscovered his principles when Fergie's left? Eh? Why you on about?

That's why we're discussing David Gill?

What it says.

No.

Eh?

I'm not going to defend Gill to the death on here or anywhere else because we don't know what actually went on but this "traitor" bollox is a bit infantile when there are others who have done a lot better out of the club than he has. Maybe he thought "£#%&! this - I don't like working for these @#%&!s" and hung on until he got another job. Strange behaviour, granted

note: broken biscuits in your last line

Unread 17-09-2015, 11:42 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
That's why we're discussing David Gill?

What it says.

No.

Eh?

I'm not going to defend Gill to the death on here or anywhere else because we don't know what actually went on but this "traitor" bollox is a bit infantile when there are others who have done a lot better out of the club than he has. Maybe he thought "£#%&! this - I don't like working for these @#%&!s" and hung on until he got another job. Strange behaviour, granted

note: broken biscuits in your last line

Unread 17-09-2015, 11:44 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
got me bang to rights there pal. You win.

Unread 17-09-2015, 11:52 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
You win.
Good of you to admit it.

I think what you're saying is that David Gill, despite warning against such a takeover, did the honourable thing by presiding over the very same takeover and thereafter standing by the club until, you suggest, a better job came along which coincidentally came along at exactly the same time Fergie retired.

And that there is no way that those actions could be possibly conceived as gill being ruthlessly self serving and greedy prioritising his interests over the clubs?

And then you're questioning why I've posted a picture of a girl with a confused face.

Cool.

Unread 17-09-2015, 12:17 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Good of you to admit it.

I think what you're saying is that David Gill, despite warning against such a takeover, did the honourable thing by presiding over the very same takeover and thereafter standing by the club until, you suggest, a better job came along which coincidentally came along at exactly the same time Fergie retired.

And that there is no way that those actions could be possibly conceived as gill being ruthlessly self serving and greedy prioritising his interests over the clubs?

And then you're questioning why I've posted a picture of a girl with a confused face.

Cool.
Cool? Apart from the fact that you've made half that emotional claptrap up, he was an employee of the club like the players, coaching staff, Fergie etc and left the club, (unlike Ferguson) and got another job like employees tend to do. Prioritising his own interests over the clubs? Brilliant..... where have you been since Busby and Edwards cozied up together? He looked after no.1. Who'd've thought eh?

I'm not questioning why you posted the girl - you did it to impress your pals
Closed Thread