United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-12-2018, 12:33 PM
utd99

Let’s not get giddy now. If Pochettino can be had it’s an absolute no brainer.

If Ole gets another crack at a premier league club out of this and does a good job, absolutely he should be in the frame down the road. He’s a club legend and a young bloke; but now? No.

That being said, if the one(s) we want are not available, I’d rather he get a crack than do another Mourinho type hire.

Unread 31-12-2018, 01:09 PM
Denis Irwell

Far too early to judge after 3x relatively easy ones but he has started better than the last previous 3... not just results but right away there is some cohesion which will only get better as he gets to know the players. Has Mickey and probably Ferie when required as well as two up and coming, ambitious coaches. All United men. Not Moyes, not lvg, not Mou. Nothing sentimental about it. Just the right people.

Unread 31-12-2018, 01:33 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Far too early to judge after 3x relatively easy ones but he has started better than the last previous 3... not just results but right away there is some cohesion which will only get better as he gets to know the players. Has Mickey and probably Ferie when required as well as two up and coming, ambitious coaches. All United men. Not Moyes, not lvg, not Mou. Nothing sentimental about it. Just the right people.
Indeed.

There appears to be a chemistry between the coaching staff. That's got to count for something.

What if it counts for a lot?

Unread 31-12-2018, 02:07 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Yep.

Makes you think back to Moyes being allowed to get rid of the entire back room staff when he took over and what a monumental £#%&! up that was.

Ole is someone who understands the club and what is expected, which at the moment is all that is needed imo.

Unread 31-12-2018, 04:34 PM
suedeshoes

Dunno if Ole is the man long term but it's very nice having a red in charge. Don't like Pochetino. Summat about him.

Unread 31-12-2018, 04:42 PM
Albert Tatlock

Three games and you're twisting yourself in knots over something that cannot be decided after such a short time. Ask again in April or even May.

As for signings, we need a solid centre half, if not then we need a defensive coach, someone who has perhaps played in defense for utd, Rio for example to work with the lads on basic defensive skills and how to integrate this with the rest of the team

Unread 31-12-2018, 04:52 PM
Tiberian

Ole has revitalized the team and fans. Is it enough to get him the permanent job? I don't know, but what it should do is bring home to all those involved with the club, and the fans, just how Utd should approach games. No more defensive minded managers, no Conte, Simeone types. it is ok to be proud of the clubs heritage of attacking football and again ok, to expect and demand that to continue.

In 3 games he has the team feeling like Utd again.

Unread 31-12-2018, 04:53 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Three games and you're twisting yourself in knots over something that cannot be decided after such a short time. Ask again in April or even May.

As for signings, we need a solid centre half, if not then we need a defensive coach, someone who has perhaps played in defense for utd, Rio for example to work with the lads on basic defensive skills and how to integrate this with the rest of the team
I'm amazed Ferdinand hasn't been approached to help with the defensive coaching, the best English centre half of all time

Unread 31-12-2018, 05:50 PM
Buck

Quote:

We just sacked a defensive coach pal

Unread 31-12-2018, 05:51 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
We just sacked a defensive coach pal
Thirty one goals against before Christmas is hardly a success defensive coach

Unread 31-12-2018, 05:54 PM
Buck

Quote:
Thirty one goals against before Christmas is hardly a success defensive coach
True. Maybe Rui Faria was the real mastermind all these years

Unread 01-01-2019, 12:28 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
I'm amazed Ferdinand hasn't been approached to help with the defensive coaching, the best English centre half of all time
Doesn’t always work like that though tbf...

We need an organiser back there, a real leader.

Unread 01-01-2019, 12:45 AM
Jethro

Is he any better than Potch the botch? Who knows?

Love United, love Ole

Unread 01-01-2019, 12:50 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Is he any better than Potch the botch? Who knows?

Love United, love Ole
I have a feeling about him and the current set up that I haven’t had for quite some time. Just a trust and happiness and a belief they know the score.. something just feels right. Not sure how long it will last, but it’s like an old slipper, it’s comfortable and right at the moment..

Ole has done impressive things with football teams before, won titles and over achieved in Europe, and he’s never had players like these before

Unread 01-01-2019, 01:26 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I have a feeling about him and the current set up that I haven’t had for quite some time. Just a trust and happiness and a belief they know the score.. something just feels right. Not sure how long it will last, but it’s like an old slipper, it’s comfortable and right at the moment..

Ole has done impressive things with football teams before, won titles and over achieved in Europe, and he’s never had players like these before

Unread 01-01-2019, 03:19 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Lads, it's new Years Eve/Day.

£#%&! football.

Unread 01-01-2019, 11:10 AM
saffers

Dunk saying we can be european champions is exactly the way I wanna start my 2019 on this website.

He's right. We have a big shot with our attackers. I think more people will be on board once we smash PSG.

Unread 01-01-2019, 11:22 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Lads, it's new Years Eve/Day.

£#%&! football.
Yup, come on Fulham and Cardiff

Unread 02-01-2019, 07:08 PM
Foot2ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Dalot is a rough gem. Lindeløf is a rough gem, as is Bailly despite his recent troubles. Hopefully Fred fulfils his potential aswell. Obviously doesn't fit with the rewriting of history we're witnessing on here.
I know you are part of the last diehard group of Moanrinho fanboys who still has a tighter cling to Moanrinho's nut than a Koala bear to its eucalyptus tree.

Funny you named these so call rough gems when he, Moanrinho thought them as shit and you fanboys were as loud as Moanrinho in crying for new CD. Now they are rough gem for you after couple of decent games. LOL. Do you even know what a rough gem is? So please, list other rough gems that turned out to be gems beside the 3 you are trolling with.

I think your talent or lack of should go to St. Petersburg, and put in an application for a troll farm worker. eh comrade?

Unread 02-01-2019, 07:31 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot2ball
I know you are part of the last diehard group of Moanrinho fanboys who still has a tighter cling to Moanrinho's nut than a Koala bear to its eucalyptus tree.

Funny you named these so call rough gems when he, Moanrinho thought them as shit and you fanboys were as loud as Moanrinho in crying for new CD. Now they are rough gem for you after couple of decent games. LOL. Do you even know what a rough gem is? So please, list other rough gems that turned out to be gems beside the 3 you are trolling with.

I think your talent or lack of should go to St. Petersburg, and put in an application for a troll farm worker. eh comrade?
Wasnt funny the first time, wasn’t any of the subsequent times, and won’t be funny going forward.

Dreary @#%&!.
Closed Thread