United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2019, 10:38 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Scored trophy winning goals and hes better than people give him credit for.
he's as good at football as you are at boxing

Unread 18-01-2019, 10:38 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
he's as good at football as you are at boxing
World class?

Unread 18-01-2019, 11:56 AM
MartialLaw

Quote:
So what, what has that got to do with what he does on the pitch?
Just like Giggs slamming his sister in law, I don't give a shit as long as they play well and put the effort in on the pitch
He's shite on the pitch

A £#%&! ji sung park.

Unread 18-01-2019, 01:15 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
He's nearly 30 yet talks and acts like a 12 year old.
Read your own posts pal?

Unread 18-01-2019, 03:41 PM
utd99

Quote:
So what, what has that got to do with what he does on the pitch?
Just like Giggs slamming his sister in law, I don't give a shit as long as they play well and put the effort in on the pitch
I think I’ve spotted a flaw in your argument.

Unread 18-01-2019, 06:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’d donate if it involved a kneecapping of some sort.
May your hate always remain pure

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:32 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
May your hate always remain pure
The debate has become ludicrous tbh. We’re talking about shit that has little relevance on the pitch and ignoring the main point; to wit: he’s just not good enough for a Man Utd team with big aspirations.

For all those who think that being a ‘local lad’ who runs about a lot is enough, consider that for every minute he’s on that pitch, a proper player - Mane, Hazard, De Bruyne, Silva, Erikson type- who create opportunities, have that x factor to set up and score goals is not. Nor any of our other prospects who may become the next big thing. We should be looking past nothing players like Lingard, Shaw and Jones to players that add on a consistant basis, not just exist.

Pointing to other areas of the team that need more quality and suggesting Lingard is the least of our problems is also missing the point, unless we can’t think of two things at once. We all love academy players that make it to the first team; but on it’s own that’s not enough.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:39 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The debate has become ludicrous tbh. We’re talking about shit that has little relevance on the pitch and ignoring the main point; to wit: he’s just not good enough for a Man Utd team with big aspirations.

For all those who think that being a ‘local lad’ who runs about a lot is enough, consider that for every minute he’s on that pitch, a proper player - Mane, Hazard, De Bruyne, Silva, Erikson type- who create opportunities, have that x factor to set up and score goals is not. Nor any of our other prospects who may become the next big thing. We should be looking past nothing players like Lingard, Shaw and Jones to players that add on a consistant basis, not just exist.

Pointing to other areas of the team that need more quality and suggesting Lingard is the least of our problems is also missing the point, unless we can’t think of two things at once. We all love academy players that make it to the first team; but on it’s own that’s not enough.
Ole seems to have very quickly nailed down his best 11.

This was it today.

From there, We can clearly see where the issues are.

No right back
No partner for Lindelof

Herrera could be upgraded
Lingard could he upgraded

All the players in those positions bring some quality, but all fall short in the long term. For now, I don't mind them being there and I'll adjust my expectations of the team accordingly, but they all need addressing in the summer or for the seemingly superior options currently at the club:

Dalot
Bailly

Fred
Sanchez

To step up.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:41 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
He's nearly 30 yet talks and acts like a 12 year old.
This. The lads a £#%&!ing idiot.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:44 PM
Sparky***

should be one of the first out the door in the summer. £#%&!.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:50 PM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Ole seems to have very quickly nailed down his best 11.

This was it today.

From there, We can clearly see where the issues are.

No right back
No partner for Lindelof

Herrera could be upgraded
Lingard could he upgraded

All the players in those positions bring some quality, but all fall short in the long term. For now, I don't mind them being there and I'll adjust my expectations of the team accordingly, but they all need addressing in the summer or for the seemingly superior options currently at the club:

Dalot
Bailly

Fred
Sanchez

To step up.
What. A. Post.

The advantage of here compared to a formal site is that people can write things a professional couldn’t.

I think this post nails the situation perfectly.

Let’s give that back up 4 a good shot this season - it could save us big time in the next transfer window - and see how things progress.

Sorry for Sanchez but at a gazillion pounds an hour he should be capable of playing off the right in a zestilicious front 3.

Rashers, Marshers and the ivory tinkling dog bothering lesbian trucker would be a hell of a front 3.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:52 PM
dunk

Smalling coming back improves it no end..

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
improves what exactly?

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
improves what exactly?
The defence.

Most don’t like it, but he improves the whole thing.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:06 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
improves what exactly?
Should help with the slick passing game no end.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:06 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
This is true. He's the best defender we have (Lindelof on current form, but I'm approaching with caution on him...) in terms of consistency and he complements Lindelof nicely..

We still need a CB in the summer.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:08 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
The defence.

Most don’t like it, but he improves the whole thing.
Not good enough long term but he’s miles better than Jones
That Brighton goal doesn’t happen today if Smalling is playing instead of Jones

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:18 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Poor today tbf

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:46 PM
Buck

He wasn't good today but in the general scheme I think he is a player who will always be more appreciated by his team mates than the fans. No doubt Rashford and Martial enjoy playing with him because he has energy, smart movement and tries to play forward thinking football. But the key word is tries - he is limited in ability and things he tries are pulled off more consistently by better gifted players. Hopefully Sanchez is resurrected.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:48 PM
atticusgrinch

Needs dropping for Sanchez asap.
Closed Thread