United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2019, 08:02 AM
Sapien

Wonder if the club will see that as a breach of his NDA.

Unread 18-01-2019, 08:05 AM
puressence

watch a couple of mins dont care even his face makes me want to switch off loved jose but what a shit way it turned out . very predictable he wont change for anybody could never get my head round how miserable he always looked then ole comes in like the happiest bloke around ..

Unread 18-01-2019, 08:41 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Yep. As ever the truth likely to be somewhere in between. He's a test and picks far too many fights and creates tons of shit that is of his own making.

That said, if United don't heed what he's saying those issues with players are going to keep on happening for managers in the future.
Which I suspect they won't. They probably see a Director of Football being all about someone appointing managers instead of Ed. Really they serve many purposes these days. When players do things wrong they shouldn't be held responsible purely by the manager.

When Martial turns up late, Pogba drops an inappropriate Insta post or Shaw is being a @#%&! over a dead leg, it makes sense for a respected director with job security and experience of the game above the manager to be the one intervening. He's more difficult to disobey and it leaves the manager less opportunity to be scapegoated. Mou would have taken that even over Harry Maguire joining.

Unread 18-01-2019, 06:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Wonder if the club will see that as a breach of his NDA.
Since he didn't name anybody specifically, perhaps not?

Unread 19-01-2019, 09:57 PM
Knockers

Bit of light and shade...

Unread 20-01-2019, 12:16 AM
red in cumbria

Christ, can't remember the last time I looked at UWS - mildly surprised it is still going tbh.

Unread 20-01-2019, 01:18 AM
Fat Al

"Jose Mourinho says he has turned down three job offers since being sacked as Manchester United boss and has rejected criticism of the team's playing style."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46934706

£#%&! off you enormo@#%&!.

Unread 20-01-2019, 01:27 AM
armchair

maybe he took the job with good intentions but after the first season it seemed like he was trying to destroy everyone at the club and the club itself.

i don't think i've seen that level of spite and malignancy in a person before, he needs an exorcist.

Unread 20-01-2019, 10:29 AM
armchair

Unread 20-01-2019, 10:38 AM
puressence

heard some of the interview yesterday he looks alive fresh and raring to go what an odd £#%&!ing man he is truly is

Unread 20-01-2019, 10:42 AM
Mr_Ed

Agree that he’s a big manager of a smaller club against the odds and taking on the big boys rather than being head of a club where the weight of expectation is there year after year.

Unread 20-01-2019, 11:32 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Me, myself and I...

Jesus, can’t belive I was so blind and backed him for as long as I did.

Hopefully he comes out soon and throws woody under the bus though

Unread 20-01-2019, 12:48 PM
saffers

He is spot on.

And nothing changes the fact that our only good couple of seasons post ferie were under a mourinho that wasnt backed by the club. 3 cups, 2nd place, highest pts totals etc. These are facts.

Good luck to him in the future, I have no bitterness even though it is very sad that he threw his toys out of the pram and didnt respect the club enough to just go when it was obvious he wasn't backed last summer. Mourinho completed the set for us in 2017, will always be a part of our history.

Unread 20-01-2019, 12:57 PM
dunk

Wasn’t backed

Unread 20-01-2019, 01:01 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wasn’t backed
Half the signings made he didnt want, even counting all of the signings he was outspent by about a dozen teams. Considering the mess left behind by lvg and the work needed to be done we did not back the manager sufficiently. He explained it quite intelligently yesterday.

Woodward doomed moyes, lvg and mou. And he will likely doom our next manager too unless he is a very very special manager who is already used to being £#%&!ed over by leadership who refuses to spend money. Wonder who that could be!

Unread 20-01-2019, 01:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Half the signings made he didnt want, even counting all of the signings he was outspent by about a dozen teams. Considering the mess left behind by lvg and the work needed to be done we did not back the manager sufficiently. He explained it quite intelligently yesterday.

Woodward doomed moyes, lvg and mou. And he will likely doom our next manager too unless he is a very very special manager who is already used to being £#%&!ed over by leadership who refuses to spend money. Wonder who that could be!

All apologist %@#$&!s I'm afraid, if it makes you feel better though..

Unread 20-01-2019, 02:58 PM
AK14

Quote:
Woodward doomed moyes, lvg and mou.
Now that is a fact.

Unread 20-01-2019, 04:15 PM
utd99

Anyone arguing absolutes is just wrong, plain and simple. How many years of experience does it take to recognize that nothing is ever black or white. Mourinho £#%&!ed up and is an unpleasant man due to his mental issues, nqat. He also had to go; but to absolve everyone else, the players, the board etc is just wrong and reeks of personal bias.

I hated van Gaal’s football and hated his time here, but I’m prepared to concede that it wasn’t entirely his fault; it never is. Some of the players were very unprofessional under him, just like under Mourinho.

Unread 20-01-2019, 04:41 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
He is spot on.

And nothing changes the fact that our only good couple of seasons post ferie were under a mourinho that wasnt backed by the club. 3 cups, 2nd place, highest pts totals etc. These are facts.

Good luck to him in the future, I have no bitterness even though it is very sad that he threw his toys out of the pram and didnt respect the club enough to just go when it was obvious he wasn't backed last summer. Mourinho completed the set for us in 2017, will always be a part of our history.

Saffer Benitez over here

Unread 20-01-2019, 04:59 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Half the signings made he didnt want
Where is the evidence for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Anyone arguing absolutes is just wrong, plain and simple
Surely we can all agree Mourinho is an absolute @#%&!? Otherwise, it's a fair point.
Closed Thread