United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink
_

Unread 17-11-2022, 12:13 PM
Poop

Default The OFFICIAL best breakfast cereal thread!

Come on my fellow manchildren, what crispy breakfast treat tickled your fancy during your younger years? Or still does in fact?

Are you a boring beige c*** who can't go without Corn Flakes in teh AM? Or perhaps something a touch more exotic like Coco Pops?

Get your answers in now goddamnit!

I think Ricicles were immense, Rice Krispies but utterly loaded with sugar. I know they are discontinued but I always have a peep passing the cereal aisle in the Supermarkets awaiting their glorious return.

And another thing, what happened to free toys stuffed unto the bottom if cereal boxes? Remember pestering your mum all those years ago for a box if something shit like Shredded Wheat just for the free gift? And never eating one single wheatie? Elbow deep down into the bix, cereal all over the kitchen floor and one fuming mother with a brush and pan?

Great days

Unread 17-11-2022, 12:14 PM
Patty_b

The older Frosties, before they had to change them up because people started to realise that they were boxed diabetes

Unread 17-11-2022, 12:15 PM
Joe Biden

Can't beat weetabix

Unread 17-11-2022, 12:15 PM
Jethro

Ricicles Top tier nqat. You can get an American version fyi.

I am a weetabix kind of guy but if I was to push the boat out it would be for Cinamon Grahams or whatever they're called now.

Just stumbled across this site

https://www.cerealkillercafe.co.uk/c...hop-everything

Unread 17-11-2022, 12:19 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Porridge Reds, fancy it up with a banana and some sultanas if I have any in the house, and of course nutmeg.

Unread 17-11-2022, 12:20 PM
Long tongue phooey

Mini frosted shredded wheat (no idea if still available)

Unread 17-11-2022, 12:22 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Porridge Reds, fancy it up with a banana and some sultanas if I have any in the house, and of course nutmeg.
ThisÖ minus the sultanas

Unread 17-11-2022, 12:26 PM
Poop

This is a cereal thread, porridge nonces kindly sod off please

Unread 17-11-2022, 12:28 PM
Seamus

aldi porridge oats with a scoop of protein powder

Unread 17-11-2022, 12:32 PM
Poop

Sugar Puffs were great before they toned down the sugar content. And they made your wee smell of them too.

My friends and I used to stand around the toilet when we were kids and all widdle at the same time after eating them, breathing in the delightful urine soaked sugar puff aroma

Unread 17-11-2022, 12:34 PM
dunk

Shreddies

Unread 17-11-2022, 12:37 PM
no fun

Very rarely have a cereal, but when I do itís cornflakes, with ice cold milk and a sprinkling of sugar

Pegger is addicted to Rice KrispiesÖ.at least 2 bowls a dayÖ.the f***ing animal

Unread 17-11-2022, 12:38 PM
Bunker Buster

Wink

A late night crunchy nut cornflakes is king.

Full fat ice cold milk....

Unread 17-11-2022, 12:47 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
A late night crunchy nut cornflakes is king.

Full fat ice cold milk....
f*** me I am off to the shops shortly. After a joint or two this will be perfect.

Unread 17-11-2022, 12:49 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Weetabix was the staple, but Sugar puffs were the real treat but the box never lasted for much more than a day in our house.

Unread 17-11-2022, 12:55 PM
Drexl

Porridge made with water reds (plus a spoonful of peanut butter)

But i like a bowl of cornflakes (with oat milk) from time to time, but only as a substitute for crisps

Used to like these bad boys as a kid:

Unread 17-11-2022, 01:02 PM
Poop

These were lovely, chipped a few teeth on them mind

Kellogs variety pack, an absolute miniaturised treat...

I see Kellogs Start amongst them, f*** me that's a blast from the past. I think they were marketed as giving you loads of energy and shit. I used to eat them and believed they made me run to school faster

Unread 17-11-2022, 01:06 PM
AK14

Crunchy Nut is the top dog in my house

Nestle clusters were great back in the day but havenít had them for years (no idea why tbh)

I canít be doing with rice krispies, coco pops or ricicles. Theyíre just too flimsy and donít fill me up.

Iím known as a bit of a maverick in my house and sometimes mix twoÖ maybe even three different cereals together! Itís not for everyone and only the real cereal connoisseurs can handle that much cereal goodness in one bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Porridge made with water reds (plus a spoonful of peanut butter)

But i like a bowl of cornflakes (with oat milk) from time to time, but only as a substitute for crisps

Used to like these bad boys as a kid:

I also liked them when I was younger..

Unread 17-11-2022, 01:14 PM
NedKelly

Crunchy nut reds donít eat much cereal but when I do itís always this. Massive bowl filled to the brim, and at the end you get to drink all the lovely sugary syrup milk.

Cereal never fills me up though. Only tend to have it if Iím in a rush or if Iím hungover to f*** and canít face anything heavier.

Unread 17-11-2022, 01:23 PM
Fat Al

Kellogs Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.
Cream of the milk.
Sugar.