United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 16-01-2020, 01:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Delighted to see Mata making some really positive contributions recently. Hopefully getting himself in the mood for Juanfield 2.

I know a lot of people were appalled when he was offered a new contract in the summer, but our squad is so lacking in genuine quality he was always going to be a good option to have around even if his legs have gone. I remember people complaining that he’d be unfairly keeping the likes of Chong out of the side ffs
by people do you mean dunk?

Unread 16-01-2020, 01:53 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
by people do you mean dunk?

There was definitely a few pretty unhappy about it. Will try and find the thread (won’t)

Unread 16-01-2020, 01:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Delighted to see Mata making some really positive contributions recently. Hopefully getting himself in the mood for Juanfield 2.

I know a lot of people were appalled when he was offered a new contract in the summer, but our squad is so lacking in genuine quality he was always going to be a good option to have around even if his legs have gone. I remember people complaining that he’d be unfairly keeping the likes of Chong out of the side ffs
Had his best game in years Saturday and was decent last night. Long overdue Indian Summer...?

Didn't think he had any chance of making it to goal without being caught last night

Unread 16-01-2020, 02:12 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

There was definitely a few pretty unhappy about it. Will try and find the thread (won’t)
I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BouncyCheetah
He's the worst player I've ever seen and is getting worse by the day.

He barely has the strength to kick a football. Just standing up is about the limit of his ability. He can't even run.

I find it incredible that someone who is physically incapable of playing the game has an enormous contract with a team like United.

I can't even consider him as a footballer. He's just an anomaly. Some bizarre statistical error, whereby someone blatantly not meant to be there has slipped through the cracks and ended up a footballer through fortune alone.
Quote:
If you were to pull anyone out of the crowd at random, regardless of age, sex, gender or physical ability and put them on in place of Mata, not a single one of them could do any worse.

A guy on crutches would be the same. A woman in a wheelchair, the same. A new born baby, the same. A ninety nine year old man, exactly the same.

I reckon that if you managed to pluck out a man of reasonable age, they'd have a significantly greater chance of effecting the game positively than Mata, if all they did was toe-punt the ball towards the opposition goal.
Quote:

Lingard is dreadful, but he's on another level entirely to Mata. Jesse is somewhere between Championship level and up to about ninth in the PL.

Mata would struggle in the amateur game.

A good five a side league, where he can focus on his technique would be a good fit, but not anywhere rough where they will push him around. Maybe somewhere like Brighton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
He'll continue posting his blogs saying the fans deserve better which he's been doing since he joined, whilst spectators stuck in 2012 continue to gush over his penetrating 1m sideways passes and 1mph top speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Three year contact extension...

Madness from the club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
this league is increasingly geared towards aggression, pressing and speed nowadays and he looks lost at times.

He was a great player 5 years ago, but he's not there any more. Was never the quickest but he's beyond slow now and is a liability in midfield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
He wishes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5jACBfqn64

He's just not good enough anymore at this level, and it shows even more in the setup Ole's employing now where he want's the whole team to run and press for 90 minutes. He's just not capable. He needs to play at a level where he can just walk around the pitch and have more time on the ball. He isn't going to get that here and he's going to be shown up when he plays from now on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I £#%&!ing hate him.

Unread 16-01-2020, 02:13 PM
andyroo

Quote:

koppas: hold my beer

Unread 16-01-2020, 02:18 PM
AK14

Done well recently and is obviously a better player than anyone else we have in that position. My issue was/is the length of the contract tbf

Unread 16-01-2020, 02:24 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Done well recently and is obviously a better player than anyone else we have in that position. My issue was/is the length of the contract tbf
He took a pay cut for the two year deal but, as pointed out in the thread by me, he is still doing very well and will not be roaming the streets with a coffee cup.

Unread 16-01-2020, 02:27 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He took a pay cut for the two year deal but, as pointed out in the thread by me, he is still doing very well and will not be roaming the streets with a coffee cup.
Did he?

2+1 too tbf and you just know we’ll give him that extra year if it means saving money on signing a replacement.

Done well in the last two games though.

Unread 16-01-2020, 06:38 PM
red in cumbria

So who is "Bouncy Cheetah" these days??

Unread 16-01-2020, 06:44 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
So who is "Bouncy Cheetah" these days??
Isn't she in your cellar RiC ?
Closed Thread