United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-11-2019, 09:14 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
That's very kind Cheers pal.

People always say this but shes your typical woman. Could've easily murdered her 6 times this week. She is fit though, I'll give her that.

But let's not forget what I bring to the table. I'll have a think...
2 legs? You certainly don’t have a third leg pal

Unread 02-11-2019, 09:18 PM
ScarFace

Unless Magics mrs is in a burqa being stoned...i don't wanna read about it in this sacred thread

iiiiiiiiiiii yalalalalalalalala !!!

Unread 02-11-2019, 10:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
indeed, neo (neo ffs ...snigger) is an utter spineless c***, calls all and sundry out yet never had the balls to show his face. typical keyboard warrior @#%&!

Unread 02-11-2019, 11:43 PM
My Name is Heath

If Saudi dodnate millions to the city of Manchester then surely that’d be a good thing?

Unread 02-11-2019, 11:54 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
If Saudi dodnate millions to the city of Manchester then surely that’d be a good thing?
yeah and liverpool getting rich because of slavery was a good thing too then.

Unread 03-11-2019, 12:03 AM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
yeah and liverpool getting rich because of slavery was a good thing too then.
We are so far through the looking glass, I’m becoming cynical.

Unread 03-11-2019, 12:12 AM
est.1878

Football needs a full reset.

Get rid of sponsorship, set a £400 per week wage cap now Jimmy Hills rest in pieces and abolish transfers for ten years so can only source new players through academies. Gate receipt revenue into genetic engineering of faster and stronger youth players

Unread 04-11-2019, 03:49 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Wasn't this whole thing started by Waynes Ears asking (cos he was bored) if we'd be bothered by being owned by the Saudis?

Then it was picked up by journo lurkers & made its way into the press on a slow news day?

Unread 04-11-2019, 03:57 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
If you turn out to be behind that account I'll be delighted

Unread 04-11-2019, 04:06 PM
waynes ear's

i've got time on my hands, but not that much ffs

Unread 04-11-2019, 05:01 PM
atticusgrinch

Looks like this is happening.

Asalam alakum ladies

Unread 04-11-2019, 05:12 PM
Redrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
indeed, neo (neo ffs ...snigger) is an utter spineless @#%&!, calls all and sundry out yet never had the balls to show his face. typical keyboard warrior @#%&!
yeh but Neo took Lime St. Remember?
(he didnt)

The little £#%&!.

Unread 04-11-2019, 05:20 PM
Cream

Wow.

Neo getting battered from pillar to post. Talk of him being unmasked and 'ran off the forum' via PM's.

Unread 04-11-2019, 05:23 PM
Redrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Wow.

Neo getting battered from pillar to post. Talk of him being unmasked and 'ran off the forum' via PM's.
To be fair I think Neo is our budding Eddie Honda.

Needs a bit of nurturing, but we can get him there.

Unread 04-11-2019, 06:06 PM
ScarFace

Unread 04-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Well i for one, am shocked.

Unread 04-11-2019, 06:41 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
To be fair I think Neo is our budding Eddie Honda.

Needs a bit of nurturing, but we can get him there.
Ah, Eddie.

Unread 04-11-2019, 08:10 PM
Soviet

Quote:
This weekend, even as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s team were demonstrating their inadequacy on the pitch at Bournemouth, the attention of many Manchester United fans was diverted much further south. A story bloomed on social media suggesting that the Saudi royal family was about to buy the club. Richard Arnold, United’s managing director, had been spotted in Riyadh the previous week and the news was that this was but the opening of negotiations. Things were moving quickly, the Glazer family were in the process of selling up. And the new owners were wealthier than Croesus.

Never mind that United sources insisted there was nothing in it, that Arnold was in Saudi for a long-scheduled commercial meeting, that the Glazers had no intention of offloading their valuable cash cow and anyway, if they were, such a deal would be announced via the appropriate channels rather than on some unauthenticated social media channel, thousands of the club’s followers excitedly spread the word. The Glazers were on their way, the club was being bought by the richest people in the world, the money they would spend would make United great again.

Which makes you wonder what on earth they were smoking. The very idea of a Saudi takeover should be enough to send a shiver down the spine of any sane United follower. Sure, as owners, the Glazers might be guilty of many things but staging a public stoning of a woman accused of adultery in one of their Florida shopping centres is not on the charge sheet.

As far as we know no coach of their NFL side Tampa Bay Buccaneers has ever been asked to present themselves at a foreign embassy where they were subsequently butchered. And while they may have been extracting large amounts of cash from the club, at no point have the family ever been complicit in the concerted export of a vicious brand of medieval theocratic fascism.

To be owned by the Saudis would be enough for any match-going United follower to surrender their season ticket. To see the club in which they have made such a huge emotional investment used as a vehicle for self-promotion by the most brutally repressive regime on earth is beyond revolting. Yes, it might indeed mean they could sign Lionel Messi. But no-one with a conscience could cheerfully support the club were the Saudis to take up residence in the Old Trafford board room.

There is one thing that we can safely conclude however misdirected the weekend’s social media storm was: United might deny it is going to happen to them but the idea that the Saudis are imminently to become involved in football is not remotely fanciful. They will have looked on as their neighbours Abu Dhabi and Qatar have exploited their assets so successfully and reckoned it is about time they joined in. The manner in which Manchester City and Paris St Germain have grown in prominence under their ownership by middle eastern operations gives all the evidence you need that football works as a generator of soft power. And boy if any government needed a thorough sportswashing it is Saudi Arabia.

The country’s politicians have already begun to position themselves on the sporting market. Brazil are scheduled to play Argentina in Riyadh during the forthcoming international break, while Anthony Joshua’s attempt to reclaim his world title is to be staged there in December. It is not preposterous to suggest that a move into club ownership will follow.

Nor is it unreasonable to assume that when the Saudis do decide to buy a European club, it won’t be Morecambe. They will want to enter the market at the top. Frankly they are among the few in the world who could afford to do so. But wherever their bank account lands, the fans of the club concerned should greet the news with alarm. Whatever they might promise in terms of delivering success, to see the club you love in the hands of people like that would be beyond intolerable.
Couldnt post the link due to account restrictions. Wonder who he supports (Jim White Telegraph)

Unread 04-11-2019, 08:17 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Couldnt post the link due to account restrictions. Wonder who he supports (Jim White Telegraph)
Man Utd, hth.

Unread 04-11-2019, 08:18 PM
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Man Utd, hth.
Thanks. Just read that as I looked him up. Apparently writes for the fanzine. Never knew.

Can’t say I feel the same as him I’m up for a Saudi takeover
Closed Thread