United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 14-04-2024, 09:38 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
awkward conversations need to be had at some point!

I was not wrong!
"marcus.... you are dropped. soz."

rasmus needs to be stronger, though.

Unread 14-04-2024, 09:42 AM
Lok

There has been a drop off since he returned from injury.

We need another striker desperately, but I'm very happy we have him too.

Unread 14-04-2024, 10:50 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
He looks off too. It isn’t just the service. Not surprised he’s inconsistent in this ‘herding cats’ set up though.

This. As has been said for years now.
He does. He’s lacking a bit of sharpness and confidence. This still stems from the team and the issues with the squad though. He’s 21. He shouldn’t be playing every week. His confidence is low because he’s in a shit team feeding off scraps. Again, if he was playing for City, he’d have 20 goals, he’d be rested when he needed it and he’d be full of confidence.

Inevitable that Martial would go missing for most of the season and the failure to bring in another striker in the last 3 windows is sheer neglect of the squad.

Unread 14-04-2024, 10:55 AM
guerreiro

Have been wondering if at best he’s not making the right right runs, or at worst he’s doing a The Scottish Player hiding job.

Unread 14-04-2024, 11:04 AM
Jethro

Three or four times yesterday he was on his own against four Bournemouth players. He simply can't do it all or he's just not suited to whatever system we're attempting to play.

Pretty much all his goals this season are down to his hard work or scraps.

Unread 14-04-2024, 11:51 AM
Chris Quayd

Can’t fault the pace at which we’re ruining him, should give us a clear run at either Mainoo or Garnacho for next season

Unread 14-04-2024, 11:57 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
He’s had 1 shot in 4 matches

We’re back to where we were months ago where there is just zero service

Most of the time he receives the ball, he’s either 40 yards out with his back to goal and nobody within five yards off him, or he’s running the channel with nobody providing an option

Our attacking woes were probably best summed up by that ‘counter attack’ in the final few seconds: we had a break on, decent numbers coming forward and we ended up playing it backwards to Onana before launching it to Maguire

If it’s not that, it’s rashford lashing it into the side netting from angles where he should cross

Not really sure what the guy is supposed to do
A complete rookie playing his first season in the toughest league, told to carry all the responsibilities of being a centre forward on his own because Martial fancies 3 months off before he £#%&!s off for nothing in the summer.

Comes into a completely chaotic side which can't defend or attack properly, with players either side of him that routinely ignore him in favour of having ridiculous shots that are never going in, and when he does have the ball his team mates tend to run away from him.

Yeah i'm not surprised he's struggling.

Unread 14-04-2024, 12:02 PM
Rorschach

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky*** View Post
a complete rookie playing his first season in the toughest league, told to carry all the responsibilities of being a centre forward on his own because martial fancies 3 months off before he £#%&!s off for nothing in the summer.

Comes into a completely chaotic side which can't defend or attack properly, with players either side of him that routinely ignore him in favour of having ridiculous shots that are never going in, and when he does have the ball his team mates tend to run away from him.

nft.

Unread 14-04-2024, 12:06 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
A complete rookie playing his first season in the toughest league, told to carry all the responsibilities of being a centre forward on his own because Martial fancies 3 months off before he £#%&!s off for nothing in the summer.

Was having this conversation last night.

When he gets in front of goal, there's no service.

I've never known a United team to be so barren of crosses. What's he supposed to do? He drops deep and tries to get hold of the ball himself and when he does drop deep, you might see a ball being pinged across goal. It's a shambles and absolutely not on him.

Unread 14-04-2024, 05:05 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao View Post
We need someone to come in this summer as the #9.

Soon...

Unread 14-04-2024, 05:10 PM
red in cumbria

He has almost certainly been brought back before he is fully recovered from injury, because our striking situation is so desperate otherwise.

So no, a certain poster hasn't been "proved right" at all.

Unread 22-04-2024, 06:01 PM
Wade

In addition to being physically unable to win a header he's also a snitching little ho.

Quote:
Ten Hag and his coaching staff were presented with a tricky issue within the squad when new £72million signing Rasmus Hojlund complained that captain Bruno Fernandes wasn’t passing to him enough.

Hojlund also fell out with teammate Diogo Dalot during United’s 4-3 Champions League defeat to FC Copenhagen in November after Lukas Lerager scored a late equaliser, and Fernandes sided with his Portuguese compatriot.

When Hojlund raised his concerns with the coaches, he was told to address it directly with Dalot. It was only later, when the two men eventually shook hands and put it behind them that Fernandes also made his peace with Hojlund.
"The Portugeezers aren't passing to me!!!!! Make them pass to me!!!! "

Weak body, weak mind...we sure know how to pick them.

Unread 22-04-2024, 06:10 PM
naes_sean

Unread 22-04-2024, 06:19 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

Weak support that you would jump on that click bait drivel.

Unread 22-04-2024, 06:20 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
In addition to being physically unable to win a header he's also a snitching little ho.

https://twitter.com/mufcMPB/status/1782446537634632037

Probably the worst take and post I’ve ever read on this forum.

Nft

Unread 22-04-2024, 06:20 PM
History

Its very harsh and he's nowhere near the finished article but you can only compare him to those who have come before him.

His movement is genuinely not good enough as it stands, I appreciate his ability to hold a ball up but he doesn't need to be constantly putting his arse into a defender. He's good enough to improve this however.

Someone needs to sit him down and force him to watch tapes of Van Persie's off the ball movement

Really could have done with some support for him.

Unread 22-04-2024, 06:23 PM
silv

our poor transfer policy means there’s too much pressure on our youngsters

Unread 22-04-2024, 06:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

https://twitter.com/mufcMPB/status/1782446537634632037

Unread 22-04-2024, 06:30 PM
marlo

I dont like the way he plays football.

should be a squad striker at best. even saying that his timing and anticipation isn't there. The Scottish Player scores the goal he should be scoring.

Unread 22-04-2024, 06:50 PM
TreeFiddy

Lots of potential. Imo one of the few who can wait outside while the dressing room is filled with nerve gas.