United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Father Christmas

Default So if Liverpool beat Milan that means..

the scousers are waaaaaaay better than us. Because after all as so many of you were saying after Wednesday's match Milan showed in that one-off match at home in the pouring rain in a game specifically prepared for against a United side with 3 of the normal back four missing - well they showed they are waaaaaaay better than United didn't they?

So if Liverpool beat Milan on a neutral ground it will show they are better than Milan and therefore waaaaaaaay better then United.

Remember it's one-off matches that matter not performance over a whole season.

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Toilet sniffer V

You've always backed Fergie. Will you now admit that we were shite and have contimually been shite in Europe for all but 1 of the past 20 years?

Stop trying to cloud the issue by saying it was a one off game. We went into it needing a draw and got hammered.

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
the scousers are waaaaaaay better than us. Because after all as so many of you were saying after Wednesday's match Milan showed in that one-off match at home in the pouring rain in a game specifically prepared for against a United side with 3 of the normal back four missing - well they showed they are waaaaaaay better than United didn't they?

So if Liverpool beat Milan on a neutral ground it will show they are better than Milan and therefore waaaaaaaay better then United.

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself more than anyone else my friend.

Last edited by Fountz; 04-05-2007 at 04:56 PM.

Unread 04-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet sniffer V
You've always backed Fergie. Will you now admit that we were shite and have contimually been shite in Europe for all but 1 of the past 20 years?

Stop trying to cloud the issue by saying it was a one off game. We went into it needing a draw and got hammered.
Barcelona lost at home to Liverpool - they must be waaaaaaay behind the scousers - just not in the same class. We needed points off West Ham but got nothing - they must be waaaaaaay better than us - fuck me it's not even close.

Unread 04-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Toilet sniffer V

Quote:
Barcelona lost at home to Liverpool - they must be waaaaaaay behind the scousers - just not in the same class. We needed points off West Ham but got nothing - they must be waaaaaaay better than us - fuck me it's not even close.

Nobody has suggested anything of the sort.

Yet another limp performance away from home in Europe. Focus on the issue at hand.

Unread 04-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet sniffer V
Nobody has suggested anything of the sort.

Yet another limp performance away from home in Europe. Focus on the issue at hand.
On the verge of winning the League overcoming the most powerful financial force in the history of football - that's the issue.

ALEX FERGUSON = LEGEND

Unread 04-05-2007, 05:04 PM
thatsfuctit

buy bacofoil shares

Unread 04-05-2007, 05:28 PM
MUFC One Love

I'm going to focus on the issue. Manchester United could win the title this weekend and complete a double in a couple of weeks.

Thank you.

Unread 04-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Toilet sniffer V

Quote:
On the verge of winning the League overcoming the most powerful financial force in the history of football - that's the issue.

ALEX FERGUSON = LEGEND
OK I'm convinced. It was putting it in big letters that did it. Just out of interest, how many more times can we fail in Europe before you'd want the legend replaced?

Unread 04-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Grimson

Quote:

Milan were way better than us ON THE NIGHT.

You aren't really debating this, are you?

No matter what happens in Athens, it won't change that fact. Naturally, on a neutral ground and in decent weather, and with our back four healthy, it would have been a much different game.
Closed Thread