United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:44 PM
gbmufc

Vidic couldnt handle Torres. He never got near him and gerrard had enough space in midfield to put a deck chair up whilst he decided which winger he would set onto our only two fit fullbacks.

If Carrick and Anderson had gone any deeper they would have been in our box. They played the same style on Wednesday and it didnt work to well in that game.

Playing the midfielders so deep isolates the forwards and gives us very few chances on goal. Then you have a forward line with no height and you persist in launching it to then. Easy pickings!

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:44 PM
captain scarlet

[a right royal verminous drubbing may be better in the long run than them scraping a win.[/quote]

Agreed.

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:47 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
Vidic couldnt handle Torres. He never got near him and gerrard had enough space in midfield to put a deck chair up whilst he decided which winger he would set onto our only two fit fullbacks.

If Carrick and Anderson had gone any deeper they would have been in our box. They played the same style on Wednesday and it didnt work to well in that game.

Playing the midfielders so deep isolates the forwards and gives us very few chances on goal. Then you have a forward line with no height and you persist in launching it to then. Easy pickings!
red home and away?

when did that last happen?

Unread 14-03-2009, 08:01 PM
borsuk

shit happens

fwiw we were absolutely dominating after the half time break. who knows what might have happened if they hadn't got us on the break/got the red/scored from the free kick. but they did.

tough shit, some days are just like that.

i'm still flummoxed by fletcher not being played in either of the last two games. we were crying out for him imo. i think both carrick and anderson are twice the player with fletcher alongside them in the middle.

Unread 14-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
It's annoying we've gifted liverpool wins twice this season.
TBF Rafa gifted us the title in Jan so its the least we could do

My feeling is that its an oportunity lost but not a suicidal disaster. If it had been the other way round there'd be a lot of dead scousers tonight.

Unread 14-03-2009, 08:38 PM
gbmufc

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
shit happens

fwiw we were absolutely dominating after the half time break. who knows what might have happened if they hadn't got us on the break/got the red/scored from the free kick. but they did.

tough shit, some days are just like that.

i'm still flummoxed by fletcher not being played in either of the last two games. we were crying out for him imo. i think both carrick and anderson are twice the player with fletcher alongside them in the middle.
Totally agree with the Fletcher comment and whilst I did pick the team as it turned out cos I thought Fergie would go for that system it was the midfirld which caused all our problems.

The passing was off as was the marking. There was no commitment to pressure the ball and they were too deep which gave Liverpool lots of time when they had the ball.

Fletcher was the man for today alongside carrick.

Unread 14-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Zorg

Fergie's ace though. A 4-1 drubbing at home but he won't give those £#%&!s any credit. Brilliant.

Unread 14-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Switching Off

Too true about Fletcher, we needed him today. Top player.

Unread 14-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Ether

It's easy to say we missed so and so, but the team put out was easily good enough to beat that lot. A lot of players underperformed, that is the main issue for me.

Unread 14-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
It's easy to say we missed so and so, but the team put out was easily good enough to beat that lot. A lot of players underperformed, that is the main issue for me.
Very true.

I said elsewhere given the situation we were in before the World Club Cup jolly I would have bit your #@&%! off to be where we are now. However, that still doesn't excuse today's shift. It was just incredibly poor from front to back. Not acceptable. I hope to £#%&! Fergie has given a few of them the rocket because next week will not be easy, no nailed on 3 points. I expect a much tougher game than our previous two matches against Fulham.

I still have my doubts that we'll win the league since we've got some bloody tough fixtures to come.

Unread 14-03-2009, 09:54 PM
captain scarlet

Agreed.

That finishing line is still a ways off and it is not by any means a foregone conclusion.

Unread 14-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Sparky***

Fergie's probably saying that to wind the scousers up. We were dreadful.

Unread 15-03-2009, 02:12 AM
irk

we were utter shite from back to front today. we might have ridden our luck and won it but and the scousers first goal £#%&!ed us up royally, but we weren't playing well and i was surprised to see us go one up in the first place. the scousers were first to everything, sharper, and seemed to be up for it more. maybe we are tired, i don't know, but whatever team we put out has to fight more than that.

rooney is rendered ineffective in this type of game by his eagerness - he is too psyched up, too giddy, and moreover he is wasted out wide. it's difficult to create a chance when there is no one in the box, and that has been our problem all season - no centre forward. ronaldo is a smacked arse and doesn't seem to be enjoying his restricted wide role either. carrick has been great - really good - recently, but his form has nosedived since an imperious display in milan. o'shea? he is o'shea and you get what you get. tevez tracks back and we all love him for it, but his goal threat is minimal. same for park. anderson - what the £#%&! has happened to him?

evra is struggling since his injury, the usually reliable vidic and ferdinand were given the runaround. van der sar had no chance with the goals.

they took each chance they got today and were not much better than us, but they were better and we were complete gash and can't complain about the result.

on a side note a couple of coppers threatened to arrest reds for singing that torres song on the basis it is hate crime against minorities.

what is the world coming to when you can't abuse scousers at old trafford?

Unread 15-03-2009, 02:17 AM
Coracao

As I said on Friday, we needed to match them up in midfield. Playing 2 in central midfield was a mistake.

Unread 15-03-2009, 02:20 AM
Tumescent Throb

United's tactics were just so wrong on the most basic level it was laughable

The fact we didn't create a single chance in the entire match makes Ferguson's comments ridiculous

More ridiculous than Ronnie Moran in 89 in fact

Although we are the better team, of course, so maybe he has a point

Unread 15-03-2009, 08:06 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc

ahem. vidic and ferdinand couldn't handle torres between them.

if fergie is deluded for thinking we were the better team, how deluded are you lot for saying fletch could have made the difference? fletch would have been the whipping boy.

Unread 15-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Whip Hubley

our midfield was walked over. what was he thinking with anderson.

carrick NEEDED fletch alongside him to have some sensible bite in that middle area

ftr i though rooney, park and rio were ok. rest were shite.

that triple substitution was desperation.

Unread 15-03-2009, 09:34 AM
wiganste

Utter shite. They weren't much better.

1-4, £#%&! me.

Unread 15-03-2009, 09:39 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Utter shite. They weren't much better.

1-4, £#%&! me.
i felt for you after the game pal must have been a long day

Unread 15-03-2009, 09:41 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
i felt for you after the game pal must have been a long day
Long day, long night. I just got @#%&!ted, bought 8 cans for the train journey home. Didn't speak to anyone.
Closed Thread