United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-03-2009, 09:43 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
ahem. vidic and ferdinand couldn't handle torres between them.

if fergie is deluded for thinking we were the better team, how deluded are you lot for saying fletch could have made the difference? fletch would have been the whipping boy.
on what evidence are you suggesting this? fletcher has been excellent in central midfield all season, especially against the best opposition. we've just played two big games in a row without him in the middle and i don't think it's a coincidence that we have been largely outplayed in midfield in both games.

one of fletcher or hargreaves gives us energy and combativeness in midfield and means we are able to pick up players coming from deep - something we completely failed to do yesterday in the case of gerrard. i love carrick and anderson both but neither of them are capable of tracking and covering in that way, especially against very dynamic runners of gerrard's type. anderson has energy, but not the necessary nous. carrick has the intelligence and positional sense, but not the energy or the dynamism to go with players bursting through. giggs can do it, but he can't do it all the time, or all game, and he's better further up.

without fletcher or hargreaves i think we have to play a three-man midfield against strong opposition. carrick - scholes - anderson would have been fine yesterday, i think, with rooney and ronnie wide and berbles up top. though personally i'd have gone with fletcher and carrick in a two, with rooney and berbles ahead, park and ronnie. all a bit cow's now, though, innit.

btw, has marlo started a thread on why it was all scholes' and berbles' fault yet? i think he should, just for old times' sakes.

Unread 15-03-2009, 09:48 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Long day, long night. I just got @#%&!ted, bought 8 cans for the train journey home. Didn't speak to anyone.
i was £#%&!ing fuming all day acting a @#%&!

Unread 15-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
i was £#%&!ing fuming all day acting a @#%&!
i turned up at my bird's dad's birthday at a curry house and amazingly managed to hold all of half a conversation.

Unread 15-03-2009, 10:27 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
i turned up at my bird's dad's birthday at a curry house and amazingly managed to hold all of half a conversation.
i think i was more mad at my mates that said i was being stupid because i was £#%&!ed off

Unread 15-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
i think i was more mad at my mates that said i was being stupid because i was £#%&!ed off
stupid it'd be stupid if you weren't

Unread 15-03-2009, 10:53 AM
gbmufc

United have won 66.6% of their games when fletcher has played.

Couldnt managed to face the after match drinks. Went home and dragged the dog around the park before settling for a bottle of red. It worked kind of!

Unread 15-03-2009, 11:25 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
one of fletcher or hargreaves gives us energy and combativeness in midfield
ooh, ooh.... please, sir..... I know which one!

:0)

Unread 15-03-2009, 11:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Unread 15-03-2009, 11:53 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

the fit one?

Unread 15-03-2009, 11:57 AM
MUFC One Love

It was just one of them days, every long ball bounced to them, they got their penalty at the perfect time, when Vidic got sent off they scored from the free kick etc. We was awful yet Liverpool still didn't outplay us, they didn't batter us 4-1, they'll probably drop points against Villa next week or someone else the week after 'cos they struggle to create chances, they always run out of ideas and that is why they are 4 points behind us, and have played a game more.

Unread 15-03-2009, 11:57 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the fit one?
er..... I think you might want to start your own thread about that. £#%&! me, what a choice.

Unread 15-03-2009, 12:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It was just one of them days, .
No, there were reasons for some of it, it was a poor team selection that wasted our best player.

Unread 15-03-2009, 12:03 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
No, there were reasons for some of it, it was a poor team selection that wasted our best player.
The selection/system was very weird again, just like Wednesday. It was like we had gone back 3 years, no movement, just a rigid system hoping we're gonna create chances rather than knowing we are. But I still thought after we scored we'd coast it, but it just ended up one of them days, 2 set pieces, 2 long balls, scoring off the free kick when vidic got sent off. Bizarre.

Unread 15-03-2009, 12:05 PM
wiganste

It's Liverpool's style of play. Long ball to Torres, long ball to Torres, long ball to Torres.

We should have coped with that. I think Vidic forgot how to play football, Ronaldo was utter shite and Evra seems to be all over the place.

Other than our goal, did we have a shot on target?

Unread 15-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
It was just one of them days, every long ball bounced to them, they got their penalty at the perfect time, when Vidic got sent off they scored from the free kick etc. We was awful yet Liverpool still didn't outplay us, they didn't batter us 4-1, they'll probably drop points against Villa next week or someone else the week after 'cos they struggle to create chances, they always run out of ideas and that is why they are 4 points behind us, and have played a game more.
I think what you saw was a team who were jaded and having a bit of a 'dodgy' spell in terms of performances against a team who were bang in form, at the top of their game and over flowing with confidence.

Since blackburn at home the performances have been a bit dodgy. newcastle away and Inter at home the signs were there that we weren't quite firing on all cylinders.

Liverpool look capapble of going on a bit of a run now so we need to buck our ideas up.

Unread 15-03-2009, 12:09 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Liverpool look capapble of going on a bit of a run now so we need to buck our ideas up.
Er.. why?

They were clearly fresher after no game last weekend and playing a day earlier in midweek, came with their usual system, and just hoped to do exactly what they did, nick goals from launched balls to Torres. It's not even a 'long ball' they do, it's literally a complete clearance as far up field as they can hoping Torres gets to it. Vidic made 2 ridiclous errors and we paid. They'll drop more points than us to the end of the season, for 1 reason, they just aren't that good, they're 1 dimensional and run out of ideas quickly, especially against smaller teams at home. It's as if they've been beating everyone for weeks playing fluid great football. Let's see how they do in the run in.

Unread 15-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Er.. why?

They were clearly fresher after no game last weekend and playing a day earlier in midweek, came with their usual system, and just hoped to do exactly what they did, nick goals from launched balls to Torres. It's not even a 'long ball' they do, it's literally a complete clearance as far up field as they can hoping Torres gets to it. Vidic made 2 ridiclous errors and we paid. They'll drop more points than us to the end of the season, for 1 reason, they just aren't that good, they're 1 dimensional and run out of ideas quickly, especially against smaller teams at home. It's as if they've been beating everyone for weeks playing fluid great football. Let's see how they do in the run in.
because Gerrard and Torres are fit and in form. That's why. I'll be surprised if they don't win their next 3-4 games. I think this result will give them the confidence to go on that run.

Unread 15-03-2009, 12:18 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
because Gerrard and Torres are fit and in form. That's why. I'll be surprised if they don't win their next 3-4 games. I think this result will give them the confidence to go on that run.
So what you are saying is if 1 of them gets injured or whatever they're £#%&!ed. £#%&!ing hell, we really must be scared of them, what a team they have.

They rely on them 2 and rely on the system they played yesterday. When they have to take the game to the opposition they are £#%&!. That's why, with United and Chelsea starting so slow this season, United going to Japan etc, Liverpool are not miles ahead, Liverpool could have been well ahead now, they had a decent lead at one point and blew it, this year was their chance and they £#%&!ed it up. Chelsea will win the league if United don't.
Closed Thread