United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Ether

Default Fergie - We were the better team

"It is a hard one to take because I thought, really, we were the better team and the score does not reflect that"

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...050773,00.html

Unread 14-03-2009, 06:33 PM
jem

Default he's right

for once.

Unread 14-03-2009, 06:37 PM
redmike

4-1 did flatter them, and we gifted them the goals.
But they were the better side today.

Unread 14-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
4-1 did flatter them, and we gifted them the goals.
But they were the better side today.
It's annoying we've gifted liverpool wins twice this season.

Unread 14-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Ether

We certainly gifted them goals, but the defence is a pretty large portion of the team. If your defence has a nightmare, your midfield is anonymous and your forwards are pretty ineffective, I don't really see how you can lose 4-1 and be the better team.

I'm sure Fergie knows this though and just wanted to avoid giving the horrible @#%&!s any credit

Unread 14-03-2009, 06:42 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
The vermin played far better at their place than they did today, we on the other hand, well can't think of a worse defensive displayby a utd side at old trafford in the premiership.

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy

That sounds like something theyd come out with...

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Well look at the goal we have conceded against them.

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:14 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

It does that.

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:16 PM
gbmufc

He must have been a a different match to me. I cant think of one player of ours than came out of that with any credability. Park perhaps and Rooney maybe. After all, its not his fault Fergie thinks he is a £#%&!ing winger.

Torres ran the game and gerrard had the freedom of the park. We were lucky to get away with only conceding 4 in my opinion.

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:17 PM
denis lawless

ooooooo

rafas not gonna like that

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:19 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
ooooooo

rafas not gonna like that

You know what Den-I dont think he will give a monkeys mate for his team beat the crap out of us.

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:24 PM
erictheking7

It looked like our defence was doing something funny for money.

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
[/b]

4-1 aint luck Dunk mate.
They were incredibly fortunate to be 2-1 up, true? Or did you think that they deserved and had crafted their 2 goals?

They then had the fortune of Vidic getting himself sent off. The free kick and the 4th goal were good (if aided by more shoddy defending) but neither would've happened had Vidic been on the pitch. So good fortune, no? They capitalised well, but 5 shots, 4 goals when you have been unable to get out of your half for most of the game isn't outplaying someone or without luck.

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Adz

It confirms alot.

The man really was on a different planet today.

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:31 PM
History

They were not 3 goals better than us. They hit us on the break for the last 3. Fair play, they didnt walk over us. They were as shite as us. But were much more clinical.

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Argentina

Dunk is pretty much right.

But to say we were the 'better team'...

Liverpool worked their hardest, and they were still shit. We were just abhorrent. Didnt work hard and that's why they won.

We were under the cosh from 10-20 minutes. We get gifted a goal having been giving the ball away constantly for the previous 10 minutes. RELAX ON THE BALL AND KEEP IT. Barcelona away last year was similar. It was embarrassing how bad we were at keeping the ball.

Second half was as expected. They sat back and the rest is pretty much how it happened as Dunk said. Fuming

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:35 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They were incredibly fortunate to be 2-1 up, true? Or did you think that they deserved and had crafted their 2 goals?

They then had the fortune of Vidic getting himself sent off. The free kick and the 4th goal were good (if aided by more shoddy defending) but neither would've happened had Vidic been on the pitch. So good fortune, no? They capitalised well, but 5 shots, 4 goals when you have been unable to get out of your half for most of the game isn't outplaying someone or without luck.
I think I know where you are coming from mate but the bottom line for me was that we were atrocious.

Vidic getting sent off was a gift alright but he walked into that-he didnt wander off the pitch and get lost. He was sent off. That aint luck.

What eats me is that they think they are world beaters now having beaten two on the day poor teams.

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:36 PM
dunk

Last season the fans were convinced and that their defeats against us were the only reason they didn't win the title.

This year they have beaten us twice and still won't win it.

Just another excuse they can't use.

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:41 PM
thatsfuctit

we defended like #@&%!s - when did we last defend as badly as that as a unit?

a right royal verminous drubbing may be better in the long run than them scraping a win.
Closed Thread