United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2023, 05:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Did they all get rinsed about 15 times in 45 minutes?

Any of you think dealing with pressure games is Shaw's strong suit? Think he's less likley to be caught miles out of position at left back or centre back?

Playing Shaw at left back in this game is begging for another rinsing.
They were all on their arse in a 7-0 loss, mate. It was a nightmare all round. I don’t think dealing with pressure games is any more or less Shaw’s strong suit more than 90% of the side. What I do know is, despite his flaws, he’s comfortably our first choice left back and that’s where he should play.

Unread 31-05-2023, 05:21 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
They were all on their arse in a 7-0 loss, mate. It was a nightmare all round. I don’t think dealing with pressure games is any more or less Shaw’s strong suit more than 90% of the side. What I do know is, despite his flaws, he’s comfortably our first choice left back and that’s where he should play.
Shaw was directly involved in 5 of the goals conceded, including giving the ball away for the all important 2nd which precipitated the rout.

Shaw went to Anfield and completely shat his pants. Our left back was AWOL when we needed him the most. Just a big green space where the left back was supposed to be. Goal after goal after goal.

I wouldn't risk that happening again. Put him at centre back and he's got less to think about (and less running to do) and can concentrate on getting his significant weight between that freaky £#%&!er and the goal.

I'm telling you.

Unread 31-05-2023, 05:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Shaw was directly involved in 5 of the goals conceded, including giving the ball away for the all important 2nd which precipitated the rout.

Shaw went to Anfield and completely shat his pants. Our left back was AWOL when we needed him the most. Just a big green space where the left back was supposed to be. Goal after goal after goal.

I wouldn't risk that happening again. Put him at centre back and he's got less to think about (and less running to do) and can concentrate on getting his significant weight between that freaky £#%&!er and the goal.

I'm telling you.
I like him at centre back too, but I’ll be surprised if he isn’t starting at left back. Varane and Lindelof have been playing well and I don’t see him changing that partnership. I’d be more worried about Malacia were he to start. And I like Malacia.

Unread 03-06-2023, 11:47 AM
pedr0

I'm coming round to the idea of starting weghorst. Let's face it he's £#%&! all use as an "impact sub"

If the game plan is work hard, press them high, try and stay in the game until the last 15 mins...weggy makes sense.

When it all goes wrong, haul him off for garnacho and move rashford central

Unread 03-06-2023, 11:55 AM
armchair

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka Varane Lindelof Shaw

Casemiro Eriksen

Fred

Fernandes Rashford Sancho

Unread 03-06-2023, 12:41 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
De Gea

Casemiro Eriksen

Fred

I think this is it.

I’ve been up and down but have to have Fred and Eriksen in there I think.

Praying Sancho turns up today..

Unread 03-06-2023, 12:48 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
De Gea

Casemiro Eriksen

Fred

It’ll be this. Maybe Shaw in at centre back, but more likely this IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
I think this is it.

I’ve been up and down but have to have Fred and Eriksen in there I think.

Praying Sancho turns up today..
They all need to turn up. Too many big away games this season we’ve had 5+ players have stinkers. We need one of those days where everyone is a hero.
Closed Thread