Closed Thread

Unread 14-07-2020, 02:58 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Draw at Palace
Win at home to West Ham
Loss at Leicester

Feel last night will hugely damage confidence and with the short turnaround for the Palace game I think we’ll really struggle
Should take care of West Ham but Leicester are another high press side so really not confident about that at all

Think we’ll now finish 5th so Europa League or bust
Man up you big doom fairy

3 wins - maybe a draw in there but either way they'll make CL

Unread 14-07-2020, 04:51 PM
ryanMUFC

WWW 3rd.

Unread 14-07-2020, 05:07 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

3 wins - maybe a draw in there but either way they'll make CL
Nothing to do with doom
It’s realism

I don’t get this top red thing of being uber positive

What exactly has this Utd side over recent years shown you to give you confidence it has the mentality to deal with this situation and get the wins we need

I and others said before last night that it would show us if this Utd side was different to what we’d seen previously
We got our answer
Wasn’t even the last minute equaliser but more that we didn’t have the courage to play football but instead treated the ball like a bomb waiting to go off

I hope I’m wrong but I have to see it from this Utd side before I believe it

Unread 14-07-2020, 05:07 PM
Danoli

Win
Win
Win

Unread 14-07-2020, 05:25 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Nothing to do with doom
It’s realism

What exactly has this Utd side over recent years shown you to give you confidence it has the mentality to deal with this situation and get the wins we need

I and others said before last night that it would show us if this Utd side was different to what we’d seen previously
We got our answer
Wasn’t even the last minute equaliser but more that we didn’t have the courage to play football but instead treated the ball like a bomb waiting to go off

If you can't see how this team is different then there's no point in babbling on further

I prefer to take pleasure in what they do right and choose not to engage in deep scan fault finding and bellyaching

To each their own I suppose

Unread 14-07-2020, 05:40 PM
utd99

Quote:
If you can't see how this team is different then there's no point in babbling on further

I prefer to take pleasure in what they do right and choose not to engage in deep scan fault finding and bellyaching

To each their own I suppose
Top red.

Unread 14-07-2020, 05:53 PM
Dr Stranger

It's always the one where we wobble that 'proves we're not up to it'

So one draw proves something but the previous five games mean nothing?

By that logic, you can sit and wait for the next slip up and call it the 'real us'.

If we're to fairly assess the team, we have to look a bit further back and that points to 18 games and counting unbeaten.

It's not like we fell to pieces yesterday. The danger signs that were there against Villa and Bournemouth were there again yesterday and were punished.

We still played some great stuff, scored two excellent goals from our front two, who have now hit 42 between them for the season. We created several more chances.

We were just sloppy and naive, but it's a far cry from huffing and puffing to a 0-0, with no real confidence that we can score.

3 of our front 5 were completely off it last night and we still created plenty of chances.

If we perform anything like we have in recent weeks against Palace, then we'll create plenty more.

Even with the recent wins, we were still able to acknowledge our shortcomings and how far we still need to go.

We conceded a last minute goal, but that doesn't automatically mean we're a bunch of bottling shit bags.

The only reason it's provoked such a reaction is the City news earlier, the fact we've been playing so well and that 95th minute equalisers hurt.

We drew. For the first time in six games.

It's really not that big of a deal.

We're well placed to react. If we don't and the form dips, then we have a different discussion on our hands.

Unread 14-07-2020, 06:26 PM
jem

Quote:
he took it all too far.

Unread 14-07-2020, 06:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
They were terrible against Villa. Southampton are currently twice the team Palace are.
Palace may try to play against us the way Soton did, they aren't as good at it though.

Unread 15-07-2020, 03:11 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It's always the one where we wobble that 'proves we're not up to it'

So one draw proves something but the previous five games mean nothing?

By that logic, you can sit and wait for the next slip up and call it the 'real us'.

If we're to fairly assess the team, we have to look a bit further back and that points to 18 games and counting unbeaten.

It's not like we fell to pieces yesterday. The danger signs that were there against Villa and Bournemouth were there again yesterday and were punished.

We still played some great stuff, scored two excellent goals from our front two, who have now hit 42 between them for the season. We created several more chances.

We were just sloppy and naive, but it's a far cry from huffing and puffing to a 0-0, with no real confidence that we can score.

3 of our front 5 were completely off it last night and we still created plenty of chances.

If we perform anything like we have in recent weeks against Palace, then we'll create plenty more.

Even with the recent wins, we were still able to acknowledge our shortcomings and how far we still need to go.

We conceded a last minute goal, but that doesn't automatically mean we're a bunch of bottling shit bags.

The only reason it's provoked such a reaction is the City news earlier, the fact we've been playing so well and that 95th minute equalisers hurt.

We drew. For the first time in six games.

It's really not that big of a deal.

We're well placed to react. If we don't and the form dips, then we have a different discussion on our hands.
Only read the first line but agree
Like back in the day when a defeat for opposing fans meant that Fergie had been “found out”. That was the early 90s ffs

Quote:
Nothing to do with doom
It’s realism

We got our answer

Nothing to do with realism.
How can it be realism if it’s not happened yet.
You are projecting a negative outcome. That’s doom.

Each to their own. I’m going to look at 18 games unbeaten, 48 goals scored, 12 clean sheets, and err on the side of positivity.

Unread 15-07-2020, 04:35 AM
jesper

Chelsea can't defend, Leicester have imploded. They're both desperate for the season to end. I wouldn't be surprised if they both lose their next 2 games.

Unread 15-07-2020, 05:59 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
WWW 3rd.
.com

Unread 15-07-2020, 07:55 AM
Dr Stranger

This round of fixtures feels like the key one. Their easiest on paper and maybe our toughest.

Win tomorrow and we go into a home games against west ham, where they go to Spurs and Anfield - where something will surely give!
Closed Thread