United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-07-2020, 03:13 PM
ZiggyStardust

Talking Spurs Amazon Doc

I forgot that Amazon were doing a documentary on Spurs season

Look at the reaction of the players to finding out Poch was sacked as Jose strides in

Unread 10-07-2020, 03:15 PM
dunk

From CL Final to 7th/8th what’s best for the club..

Unread 10-07-2020, 03:19 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Look at the reaction of the players to finding out Poch was sacked as Jose strides in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSprMdZi0k4

I'm looking forward to seeing how they cover Dier going into the crowd to @#%&! a fan.

Unread 10-07-2020, 04:16 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSprMdZi0k4

Unread 10-07-2020, 05:00 PM
Patty_b

Suppose the only good thing about hiring Jose is that a lot more people are going to watch this to see them crash and burn under his management.

Unread 10-07-2020, 05:02 PM
utd99

Sequel to Misery.

Unread 10-07-2020, 07:12 PM
red in cumbria

I said it just the other day, why Levy decided he might work *after* seeing how he ended his time here is a genuine mystery.

Unread 10-07-2020, 08:11 PM
Jack Duckworth

he's £#%&!ing toxic. everybody who comes into contact with him ends up hating him. his poor wife.

Unread 11-07-2020, 03:20 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I said it just the other day, why Levy decided he might work *after* seeing how he ended his time here is a genuine mystery.
Because, some people will always see his previous record and think it's worth a punt, because, let's be honest, it's £#%&!ing sensational.

2 CL wins with two average teams.... Inter and Porto. 2 UEFA Cups, loads of domestic league trophies.

I am as pragmatic as they come, and i have to say his CV is pretty £#%&!ing good. Even with United, he won a major European trophy and the League Cup and we saw that as a failure.

Deep down there is a decent manager, the fact he is a head case tarnishes that.

Unread 11-07-2020, 04:03 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Because, some people will always see his previous record and think it's worth a punt, because, let's be honest, it's f***ing sensational.

2 CL wins with two average teams.... Inter and Porto. 2 UEFA Cups, loads of domestic league trophies.

I am as pragmatic as they come, and i have to say his CV is pretty f***ing good. Even with United, he won a major European trophy and the League Cup and we saw that as a failure.

Deep down there is a decent manager, the fact he is a head case tarnishes that.
For certain teams maybe. Jose style plays against what the current crop of players are used to/ were put together for.

He will need atleast 4/5 players just to get players in his mould. Combine that with his poor record having to need money and not bringing through youth its a recipe for disaster. We know all this before he even signs for tottenham

Unread 11-07-2020, 05:01 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
For certain teams maybe. Jose style plays against what the current crop of players are used to/ were put together for.

He will need atleast 4/5 players just to get players in his mould. Combine that with his poor record having to need money and not bringing through youth its a recipe for disaster. We know all this before he even signs for tottenham
Porto?

Unread 11-07-2020, 05:12 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He has a track record of delivering trophies.

Spurs have won 1 (a league cup) in the last 28 years.

Spurs need to spend some cash, but I doubt they will.

Unread 11-07-2020, 05:15 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Porto?
Im not denying he has a fantastic record. But porto did happen a long time ago. Something he hasnt repeated since he has always gone with established players since then.

I just dont think the two of them are good for a fit. Jose would be perfect for a team like atletico madrid.

Tottenham tried to and to a certain extent managed freeflowing attacking football.

One of the reasons we failed over the years is we went from moyes( banks of 4 wing play) to LVG ( possesion based playing in phases) to jose (strong CF get the goal and defend well and in numbers).

We have had to reset the team 3 times in about 6 years. For tottenham to do well with jose he will need some signings because he just doesnt have the players that fit his system

Unread 11-07-2020, 05:54 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Im not denying he has a fantastic record. But porto did happen a long time ago. Something he hasnt repeated since he has always gone with established players since then.

I just dont think the two of them are good for a fit. Jose would be perfect for a team like atletico madrid.

Tottenham tried to and to a certain extent managed freeflowing attacking football.

One of the reasons we failed over the years is we went from moyes( banks of 4 wing play) to LVG ( possesion based playing in phases) to jose (strong CF get the goal and defend well and in numbers).

We have had to reset the team 3 times in about 6 years. For tottenham to do well with jose he will need some signings because he just doesnt have the players that fit his system
i get what you're saying and i called it as Jose being finished when he signed for us...

but he did A LOT with Porto - it wasn't a fluke he won it all with them

and likewise with Inter

I think, as i've said - there's something there, but maybe with age and the passing of football time he's become bitter and out of touch... i don't know, but if you get half of the old Jose back, you'd be doing well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He has a track record of delivering trophies.

Spurs have won 1 (a league cup) in the last 28 years.

Spurs need to spend some cash, but I doubt they will.
This - i think it's a bit rich of Tottenham fans to decry Jose, even if he was £#%&! with us... he's won more as a manager than that club has in it's history. they're not as good as they think they are.

Unread 11-07-2020, 06:52 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
i get what you're saying and i called it as Jose being finished when he signed for us...

but he did A LOT with Porto - it wasn't a fluke he won it all with them

and likewise with Inter

I think, as i've said - there's something there, but maybe with age and the passing of football time he's become bitter and out of touch... i don't know, but if you get half of the old Jose back, you'd be doing well....

This - i think it's a bit rich of Tottenham fans to decry Jose, even if he was **** with us... he's won more as a manager than that club has in it's history. they're not as good as they think they are.
I think it’s a combination of things; at Spurs in particular Pochettino was given great credit for turning them into a team greater than the sum of its parts. So many average players there, and they lost their key players that elevated that early on. Dembele was their biggest loss imo. They’ve never looked the same team since he left. As has been said, they needed to spend money years ago to capitalise on the momentum they’d built, instead they’ve just kind of withered.

The problem is, they’re now more threadbare than ever and 10 years ago, 100 mil might have got you a few decent new players. With the kind of players Jose likes to chase, that’s gonna get you 1 and a half players. I just can’t see Levy loosening the purse strings; why change the habit of a lifetime?

Also he’s known now for negative football, and a lot of players are eager to play attacking football; I bet Sancho wouldn’t have been nearly as interested in coming here if Mou was still at the reins. Our players looked like they were having their souls crushed playing that kind of football, and I’ve always found it a bit odd as he definitely used to have his teams playing some great stuff. When he won the league during his second spell at Chelsea, the first half of the season they were playing really attacking football and overpowering teams all over the shop, then I think they played Tottenham and it was a cricket score - since then he has literally only ever seemed to set teams up in the most negative way possible.

Unread 11-07-2020, 07:51 PM
armchair

Real Madrid ruined him. He was a top class manager until then but Real took everything out of him. The brutality of his tactics were almost beautiful winning La Liga but he has never recovered from his eventual sacking. He's been a bitter man taking it out on every squad since. He is finished.

It's sick how cruel he is to players since Real.

Unread 11-07-2020, 08:03 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Real Madrid ruined him. He was a top class manager until then but Real took everything out of him. The brutality of his tactics were almost beautiful winning La Liga but he has never recovered from his eventual sacking. He's been a bitter man taking it out on every squad since. He is finished.

It's sick how cruel he is to players since Real.
Disagree... it was always in the cards and look at the teams he won the CL with... he’s a great underdog and not leading from the front.

He’s better suited at Spurs, Inter, Porto rather than the big clubs

Unread 11-07-2020, 08:15 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Disagree... it was always in the cards and look at the teams he won the CL with... he’s a great underdog and not leading from the front.

He’s better suited at Spurs, Inter, Porto rather than the big clubs
He won La Liga against one of the best sides that have ever existed and he won it by kicking shit out of them. They didn't play good football. They disrupted. He couldn't do it in Europe or with style which is why he was sacked. And ever since he's been a beligerant #@&%!.

Unread 18-07-2020, 10:36 AM
Ethers

Unread 18-07-2020, 11:42 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Cringe.
Closed Thread