United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-07-2020, 04:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
More than you probably.

Barely played in 2 years now. Move him on for his own good.
Yeah, there's no future for him by the looks of it. He's making no impact. He'd be knocking on the door now if he was good enough.

Unread 06-07-2020, 04:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yeah, there's no future for him by the looks of it. He's making no impact. He'd be knocking on the door now if he was good enough.
Struggled at Palace, lost his place at Fulham then did his ACL and hasn’t played in 12 months, at least. jem would have him in CM on Thursday even though he hasn’t played there since 2015

Looked like he was going to be a beast when he first came through, sadly that was his peak.

Unread 06-07-2020, 04:47 PM
jem

Quote:
Struggled at Palace, lost his place at Fulham then did his ACL and hasn’t played in 12 months, at least. jem would have him in CM on Thursday even though he hasn’t played there since 2015

Looked like he was going to be a beast when he first came through, sadly that was his peak.
he'd still be better than fred.

Unread 06-07-2020, 04:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he'd still be better than fred.
only in your imagination pal, paired with the other 5 midfielders of your choosing

Unread 06-07-2020, 05:30 PM
jem

Quote:
only in your imagination pal, paired with the other 5 midfielders of your choosing
you can never have too many midfielders.

Unread 06-07-2020, 06:25 PM
Neo

Football

Sancho has to be the priority, and if we land him, and him alone, this summer, it's a good window. I'm still not convinced that he will push for a move though, and can see him sitting out another year in Germany until corona settles down and football is back to normal.

The other areas really depend on how good the Academy kids are. I've been in favour of signing a defensive midfielder, but with Matic playing well, The Scottish Player and Fred offering squad depth, and Garner coming through, I have no idea. Would love Ruben Neves, tbf.

Similar situation in defence with Tuanzebe coming through. Is he good enough to be a starter with Maguire, and then we can have Lindelof and Bailly as semi-capable back-ups? I'd prefer a top-class signing coming in to add some real solidity with maguire.

Ditching the shite will be just as important, and hopefully Ole can continue his brilliant cull, with the following clowns all finally out the door and off the books permanently:

Lingard
Pereira
Rojo
Jones
Smalling
Sanchez

*Wouldn't mind seeing a cheeky bid for Aubameyang either, just to see the absolute meltdown on Arsenal Fan TV.

Unread 06-07-2020, 06:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Ditching the shite will be just as important, and hopefully Ole can continue his brilliant cull, with the following clowns all finally out the door and off the books permanently:

Lingard
Pereira
Rojo
Jones
Smalling
Sanchez

*Wouldn't mind seeing a cheeky bid for Aubameyang either, just to see the absolute meltdown on Arsenal Fan TV.
The ultimate unflushable turd

Unread 06-07-2020, 07:29 PM
puressence

Quote:
Hannibal is years off.
He isn’t . Debut next season incoming

Unread 06-07-2020, 07:41 PM
atticusgrinch

Sancho is numero... uno. Get a right sided attacker ffs!

A fast CB to compliment slabhead is next priority. No midgets required!

Cover for Matic next if there's any beans left. Which is unlikely.

We don't need a left back. Play Williams.

Realistically Ole isn't going to play anyone ahead of AWB after dropping £50m on him. Hopefully his positioning and attacking output improves as he gets older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
oh, timmeh. how much have you seen of him?

smallers.... just why? still our best defender.

pereira is a good squadie.

wouldn't miss the rest of them.

Unread 06-07-2020, 09:56 PM
Vedder

In
Sancho
Alaba
Neves
Ibrahima Konaté or Upamecano

Out
Smalling
Rojo
Sanchez
Mata
Lingard

Unread 06-07-2020, 10:02 PM
The taste of...

From the Bessie of a first teamer.........

Ricarloson is the go to if no Sancho

Pereira is the greatest talent at the club..... just waiting for his balls to drop

Motwyfw

Unread 06-07-2020, 10:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
He isn’t . Debut next season incoming
He is. Miles away. Out on loan ‘21-22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
From the Bessie of a first teamer.........

Ricarloson is the go to if no Sancho

Pereira is the greatest talent at the club..... just waiting for his balls to drop

Motwyfw
£#%&! off

Unread 06-07-2020, 10:27 PM
AK14

I’d be happy with Sancho and a DM tbh

Striker, LB and CB if possible but can’t see that much being done

I do agree that this window we should be going all out but the worry is the board will see a strong end to the season as an excuse for not spending big money...

Outs will depend on how many we sign obvs.

Unread 06-07-2020, 10:47 PM
n48

Break the bank for Odsonne Édouard.

Unread 06-07-2020, 10:57 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Break the bank for Odsonne Édouard.
Hi Mrs Édouard.

Unread 06-07-2020, 11:08 PM
Chris Quayd

In order of need:

Right Forward
DCM
CB
Goalkeeper (not Henderson)

Would settle for RF and DCM or CB. Will end up paying three times the asking price on deadline day for Richarlison or Zaha with no time to sign anyone else.

Unread 07-07-2020, 07:22 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I’d be happy with Sancho and a DM tbh

Striker, LB and CB if possible but can’t see that much being done

I do agree that this window we should be going all out but the worry is the board will see a strong end to the season as an excuse for not spending big money...

Outs will depend on how many we sign obvs.
1 or 2.

3 if we can shift 4-5 off the books.

I think talk of 4-5 signings is fanciful. We've seen how difficult we can make 1 or 2 signings and in these wacky circumstances, I think it'll be even tougher. I don't back this notion that it's a good time to buy. I think clubs will be more cautious than ever.

If we can improve with quality in any of the key areas (right wing, defensive mid, cb) I'll be happy.

We've seen the improvement that proper upgrades like Fernandes can do. I'd rather we spent bigger and were patient on the right players.

Unread 07-07-2020, 09:03 AM
barca99

When was the last time we signed 3 or 4 first team starters in one window, serious question.

Unread 07-07-2020, 09:08 AM
shenwen

Starting to think CB is a bigger priority than RM. Tuanzers is not ready. The other clowns - bar slab - are unreliable.

Of course both CB and RM would be better. Bare minimum imo.

Unread 07-07-2020, 11:35 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Starting to think CB is a bigger priority than RM. Tuanzers is not ready. The other clowns - bar slab - are unreliable.

Of course both CB and RM would be better. Bare minimum imo.
Skriniar and Koulibaly linked today. Would be delighted with Skriniar, surely Inter owe us a favour
Closed Thread