United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 08-05-2024, 01:19 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II View Post
Sometimes ordinary teams make it to CL finals and even win them. It doesn't reflect badly on the club or its decisions to let Sabitzer and Sancho go that they have now reached a CL final with another club.

The decisions to release and expel them, respectively, were both correct, IMO. Same with Fred and De Gea. The decisions on who we should sign instead of them, and in general, do reflect badly on the club.
your right…

deep down i know he isn’t happy

he should have apologised and been sitting on the bench next to diallo and being told to warm up on 55mins to come on while it was still only 3-0 to palace on Monday!

if Dortmund who topped the hardest group in the ecl this season (Dortmund , PSG, MILan , Newcastle) are average what are the team that finished bottom of the easiest group whose manager said sancho wasn’t good enough to play in?

Unread 08-05-2024, 01:21 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes View Post
The guy is a forward, he scored no goals and had no assists over two games. They got through on the back of the defence (Hummels being MOTM for both games). Yes, he has got to a final but I'm sick of seeing all this shite about how he's 'cooking' and showing up our club for letting him go. He hasn't done anything of note apart from a lot of dribbling with no end result from what i can see.
Agreed. Any stick to beat ETH with with some of these lads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Adele

Probably had it blasting while he wrote his instagram ‘statement’

Unread 08-05-2024, 01:31 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
The guy is a forward, he scored no goals and had no assists over two games. They got through on the back of the defence (Hummels being MOTM for both games). Yes, he has got to a final but I'm sick of seeing all this shite about how he's 'cooking' and showing up our club for letting him go. He hasn't done anything of note apart from a lot of dribbling with no end result from what i can see.
If you saw the games he put at least 3 chances on a plate for Dortmund - they missed them all - blazing over from 6 yards, clear through 1v1 with the keeper etc, he couldn't have done much more to give them the best chance of progressing. Add to that he clearly absolutely destroyed the LB in the first game, gives you an out to get up the pitch etc.

Narratives are one thing, stats being used to beat him with another.

He's a talented guy, he's also mentally a bit feeble.

It's our problem though as he's a £72m asset on our books that we couldn't get cooking when other teams / managers can.

I doubt at all he'll come back & play for United at the same level consistently, let's just hope Dortmund have £50m+ to spend take him home.