Closed Thread

Unread 22-02-2023, 01:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
They treat people like slaves!!!!
Me: no they don’t
I hate them even more!!!!

I don’t think I’ve ever said they do anything of the sort tbh your fervour-ed defending and promoting of them is just, I don’t know, distasteful.. not sure what it is, just seems off.

That said, you’ve been a Glazer stooge throughout, so I shouldn’t be surprised.

Unread 22-02-2023, 01:22 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don’t think I’ve ever said they do anything of the sort tbh your fervour-ed defending and promoting of them is just, I don’t know, distasteful.. not sure what it is, just seems off.

That said, you’ve been a Glazer stooge throughout, so I shouldn’t be surprised.
I didn’t say you did.

Member/LMTB/Season ticket holder for 20 years, stopped going in 2005 = Glazer stooge

Unread 22-02-2023, 01:24 PM
Furry Russian hats

The only thing United have never done as a club is go out and buy the best player in the world, like Mbappe now or a Messi/Ronaldo in their prime. We’ve bought from one rung below, Van Persie etc but never from the top.

This is the only difference that a Qutar ownership could make, we’ve done everything else already.

Let them come in and get the infrastructure right because l think they’re the only ones that will do it. Then when their era ends which it inevitably will do we should be in a better place.

Unread 22-02-2023, 01:26 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Believe is also turning me against them.
Feels like he could be a Big Jim campaign plant.

Making the arguments for Qatari ownership so ludicrous, unbalanced and unquestioning that he turns neutral supporters off the idea.

Bunker Buster

So basically they're just coming into to give the place a lick of paint then that's them done

Era's come to an end, thanks for the roof.....

If you think that's why they're buying you'll be in for a massive shock when the away strip is released next year....

Maroon reds

tatty

The problem with the bidding process is what happens with the losers.

If Ratcliffe or the US hedge funds miss out and move on to Liverpool (for example) we would be laughing at the state they’d be in.

If it’s the Qatari’s it wouldn’t be quite as amusing.

Unread 22-02-2023, 01:34 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

If Ratcliffe or the US hedge funds miss out and move on to Liverpool (for example) we would be laughing at the state they’d be in.

Great logic.

Unread 22-02-2023, 01:37 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
So basically they're just coming into to give the place a lick of paint then that's them done

If you think that's why they're buying you'll be in for a massive shock when the away strip is released next year....

Maroon reds
Yeah it's just a 5 Billion quid loan deal pal.

Quote:

Outside of Tatty who I doubt is 100% serious in just about anything they post, who actually thinks like this? Do you also stare out of your living room window all evening silently seething at your neighbours new motor as well?

Letting opposition teams live rent free in your head worrying that they'll win a race to the bottom of the barrel

Unread 22-02-2023, 02:15 PM
Sapien

Quote:
I didn’t say you did.

Member/LMTB/Season ticket holder for 20 years, stopped going in 2005 = Glazer stooge
He literally moved to the other side of the world to get away from the glazers

Unread 22-02-2023, 02:16 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
There’s quite a bit of clue in the word “Middle”

Unread 22-02-2023, 02:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Then spent his time on here telling us how good the Glazer’s are whenever anyone complained

Unread 22-02-2023, 02:29 PM
Sapien

Quote:
There’s quite a bit of clue in the word “Middle”
I was defending you! There's no need to be pedantical.

Unread 22-02-2023, 02:30 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Maroon reds

Great insight. Here's me thinking they were just a bunch of time served reds wanting to pay the club back for the good times.

Unread 22-02-2023, 02:50 PM
believe

Quote:
Then spent his time on here telling us how good the Glazer’s are whenever anyone complained
If you can point me to one post where I said how good the glazers are…..

You got any recent pictures of the games you’ve attended?

Unread 22-02-2023, 03:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
If you can point me to one post where I said how good the glazers are…..

You got any recent pictures of the games you’ve attended?
Loads if you want. Don’t pay a penny

Unread 22-02-2023, 03:07 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Glazers doing a wonderful job at the minute.

Unread 22-02-2023, 03:24 PM
tatty

There’s a lot of noise and pantomime around the bidding process which is understandable.

My take is that the Glazer’s want to sell for as much as they can get…and the Qatari’s are probably the only bidders who can afford to pay it.

Unread 22-02-2023, 03:30 PM
Baron

Quote:
There’s a lot of noise and pantomime around the bidding process which is understandable.

My take is that the Glazer’s want to sell for as much as they can get…and the Qatari’s are probably the only bidders who can afford to pay it.
It's a massive deal of convenience for the pair of them, Glazers get their billions & Qatar gets to carry on its sports washing post World Cup for peanuts in comparison. They reportedly spent ~$220bn on the whole World Cup, so spending another £5bn or so on one of the worlds finest footballing institutions won't faze them.

Unread 22-02-2023, 03:31 PM
BarryX

Quote:

Unread 22-02-2023, 03:32 PM
jem

fun fact of the day. which I have not seen mentioned anywhere else, but that's not to say that no one else has noticed.

manchester united. formed in 1878.

unification of the disparate tribes by jassim bin mohammed al thani, considered to be the founding of the modern state of qatar? 1878.

it was meant to be.
Closed Thread