Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
post the photos or retract!
Again?

Unread 21-02-2023, 02:22 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I don't read the £#%&!ing guardian, you idiot. I've been to qatar more times than you've had hot dinner dates.
I wonder if he was referring to the text I quoted in reply to Wayne. I mean it was taken from an article produced by a news organisation in Dubai ironically enough, not the Guardian. Not that it matters considering it was quoting the Financial Times and data from the US Department of Education.

Unread 21-02-2023, 02:23 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I wonder if he was referring to the text I quoted in reply to Wayne. I mean it was taken from an article produced by a news organisation in Dubai ironically enough, not the Guardian. Not that it matters considering it was quoting the Financial Times and data from the US Department of Education.
Don’t flatter yourself.

Unread 21-02-2023, 02:29 PM
Ethers

Jim Ratcliffe owns 2,738 dogs.

Just saying.

Unread 21-02-2023, 02:30 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Again?

Unread 21-02-2023, 02:56 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Nicely done, lose / lose / lose all round for anyone that gives a £#%&! about the club beyond the money.

Football is becoming very boring & the pane in there re. the whataboutery is bang on. Regardless of what we may think, it's out of our hands & we're highly likely to be their new plaything. Brilliant

Unread 21-02-2023, 03:40 PM
Buck

I haven't been following this too closely. It's not out of the ordinary of course because this is how football has been heading for a long time now but it feels a bit more grim now it is our own club as opposed to looking at it from the outside regarding City, PSG, Newcastle. All I can say is that it is clearly going to be a state power owning the club because the Glazers aren't going to accept a lower bid after almost twenty years of never caring about being custodians of the heritage of the club. I don't like it but I accept it is going to happen. From the football perspective the only thing I want from them is to not act like PSG and undermine the manager and try and turn the club into their little glamour project.

Unread 21-02-2023, 04:38 PM
Dasilvatwins

Wonder if INEOS are going to be held to the same standard as the Qataris? You know, with working and taking investment from a country with human rights issues

Unread 21-02-2023, 04:45 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
https://twitter.com/terryflewers/sta...GguYABXNVFhmxw

Wonder if INEOS are going to be held to the same standard as the Qataris? You know, with working and taking investment from a country with human rights issues
Yeah pretty sure that's not even the first time either.

Unread 21-02-2023, 05:45 PM
Harris

Interesting dilemma for the moral police on here. Get ready for some mental gymnastics or silence.

Unread 21-02-2023, 06:15 PM
Chorlton74

This Wedderburn tit on SSN.

He's a try hard isn't it. Div.

He cant fathom that potential buyers aren't primarily concerned about profit.

Unread 21-02-2023, 06:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74

They’re about the only ones that aren’t.

Unread 21-02-2023, 06:28 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
https://twitter.com/terryflewers/sta...GguYABXNVFhmxw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Jim Ratcliffe owns 2,738 dogs.

Just saying.
I was thinking one is as bad as the other, but it seem Big Jim’s a puppy farmer too.

Qatari apples are go!!

Unread 21-02-2023, 06:36 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris
Interesting dilemma for the moral police on here. Get ready for some mental gymnastics or silence.
I haven’t seen anyone defending INEOS but are people actually trying to claim equivalency between a private company investing in a repressive state and a repressive state itself? Jesus lads, Qatar will buy the club don’t worry, there’s no need to bend over backwards like berts.

Unread 21-02-2023, 06:47 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
I haven’t seen anyone defending INEOS but are people actually trying to claim equivalency between a private company investing in a repressive state and a repressive state itself? Jesus lads, Qatar will buy the club don’t worry, there’s no need to bend over backwards like berts.
It’s a fair point

Any state/company/indvidual with a few billion to spare will have a few skeletons in the closet

Unfortunately the Qatari skeletons are actual skeletons

Unread 21-02-2023, 06:51 PM
Harris

Quote:
It’s a fair point

Any state/company/indvidual with a few billion to spare will have a few skeletons in the closet

Hypocrite

Unread 21-02-2023, 07:00 PM
jem

Quote:
It’s a fair point

that's what happens when they're scared to come out.

Unread 21-02-2023, 07:01 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Hypocrite
Turn it in you £#%&!ing loser

It’s one thing to want new owners, but to be so desperate for “Qatari apples”? Oddball behaviour

Unread 21-02-2023, 07:24 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74

He’s a City fan isn’t he?

No doubt his heaving moobs are dripping with rage induced sweat.

Unread 21-02-2023, 07:28 PM
no fun

Quote:
Hypocrite
In what respect?
Closed Thread