£#%&!ing hell

Unread 14-03-2020, 02:30 PM
est.1878

Has anyone got a link to the clapping rave guy meme with PL cancelled... Thanks

Unread 14-03-2020, 02:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It makes me wish they were only 1 point away.

Unread 14-03-2020, 02:53 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Has anyone got a link to the clapping rave guy meme with PL cancelled... Thanks
Top red Rafael

Unread 14-03-2020, 02:59 PM
est.1878

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Cheers mate

The memes that come from this will be unreal

Unread 14-03-2020, 04:11 PM
chooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Unread 14-03-2020, 04:22 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878

Cheers mate

The memes that come from this will be unreal

Unread 14-03-2020, 05:35 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Happened to us... though not even barney is old enough to remember it
I can't remember what I had for my tea yesterday.

Unread 14-03-2020, 06:02 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
I can't remember what I had for my tea yesterday.
Mashed potatoes, mashed up beans, mushy peas

Unread 14-03-2020, 06:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
LIverpool are a special case.

Remember when they somehow won the CL but finished 31st in the PL?

Should have been told to £#%&! off, given their piss poor showing in the league, but were allowed special dispensation.

Wouldn't be surprised if UEFA write off their loss to Atletico and crown them 'probably CL winners 2019'.
Whilst I never want to defend them on anything, in Ye Olden Days the European Cup winners got to defend their title whatever - and IMO that rule should never have been changed.

Unread 14-03-2020, 06:36 PM
ScarFace

I hate them. I want Liverpool as a city to crumble...but

They will eventually be given this title i think.

What will happen is the season will be suspended until say september. Then restarts from where we left off. Then a 2-3 week break and the new season starts.
Either that or they'll do what the telegraph said and promote leeds n the the other championship team and have a 22 team league with 5 going down next season.

The ecl will add two extra places per league (top 6 ) and the europa 2 extra teams.

No way most teams agree to restarting this season, as if it never happened, as teams like us would be out of the ECL another year.

They will want what earns/saves them the most money

Unread 14-03-2020, 07:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
I hate them. I want Liverpool as a city to crumble...but

They will eventually be given this title i think.

What will happen is the season will be suspended until say september. Then restarts from where we left off. Then a 2-3 week break and the new season starts.
Either that or they'll do what the telegraph said and promote leeds n the the other championship team and have a 22 team league with 5 going down next season.

The ecl will add two extra places per league (top 6 ) and the europa 2 extra teams.

No way most teams agree to restarting this season, as if it never happened, as teams like us would be out of the ECL another year.

They will want what earns/saves them the most money
You can't re-start it and have it push the 20/21 season back even further what with the euros being rescheduled to 2021 and also all the world cup qualifiers that are going to be postponed. There would just be too many fixtures.

You could promote the top two teams in the championship, but what about the playoffs? And Leeds and West Brom aren't exactly certain of being the top two either.

Nope. The only fair way other than playing out the season in May/June... is to void the 19/20 season entirely and start again in August. If Leeds and West Brom want to moan about it they can but you can't just award teams winners of something they haven't actually won.

Don't forget you're going to have players out of contract on June 1st, the transfer window opens, and you're going to playing games while all this is going on? No. Just scrap it.

Unread 14-03-2020, 07:40 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You can't re-start it and have it push the 20/21 season back even further what with the euros being rescheduled to 2021 and also all the world cup qualifiers that are going to be postponed. There would just be too many fixtures.

You could promote the top two teams in the championship, but what about the playoffs? And Leeds and West Brom aren't exactly certain of being the top two either.

Nope. The only fair way other than playing out the season in May/June... is to void the 19/20 season entirely and start again in August. If Leeds and West Brom want to moan about it they can but you can't just award teams winners of something they haven't actually won.

Don't forget you're going to have players out of contract on June 1st, the transfer window opens, and you're going to playing games while all this is going on? No. Just scrap it.
This. Plus clubs like United can’t moan about not being in the champions league. There’s no guarantee we’d have qualified for it this year and we should have just £#%&!ing qualified last year.

The only option that doesn’t stir up a gigantic can of hornets is cancelling and starting again.

Unread 14-03-2020, 07:41 PM
The taste of...

Void the £#%&!ing season

The bantz on offer is too high

The Vermin always ram their supposed class and dignity down every £#%&!ers throats...

Well now they can show some.

Unread 14-03-2020, 07:56 PM
Jethro

If it was any other team it would have already been scrapped nqat.

F.A. just wondering what they'll do with all the pizzas and skips delivered to HQ.

Unread 14-03-2020, 07:57 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

They either find a way to play all the remaining matches (not just some of them) or it gets voided. There can be no other way.

Unread 14-03-2020, 08:06 PM
AK14

If like the egg heads and boffins in charge say and this does come back or is still with us in October onwards then I’m not sure how next season goes ahead let alone finishing this season?

Unread 14-03-2020, 08:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
They either find a way to play all the remaining matches (not just some of them) or it gets voided. There can be no other way.
The thing is, if they make an exception for Liverpool in an uncompleted season - what about all the other clubs with something at stake?

Genuine can of worms.

Unread 14-03-2020, 08:12 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
If like the egg heads and boffins in charge say and this does come back or is still with us in October onwards then I’m not sure how next season goes ahead let alone finishing this season?
I’m guessing the idea is that by the end of the year there’ll be more successful treatments identified and available, as well as the prospect of a vaccine in approximately a years time; that means that though the virus will still exist, less people will (hopefully) be dying from it, and so life can go back to some degree of normality. It’s all still up in the air though, it will be interesting to see how things develop in China over the next month or two.
Closed Thread