United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-02-2019, 09:36 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
My hangover has only just shifted but I admit I like Tuchel. Thought he set them up well last night and got his tactics spot on. It does help having a couple in midfield who are mobile and (fairly) dynamic though. Each time they turned Matic and he was trudging towards our own goal I winced, was like watching an obese chap with gout trying to run.

Incidentally who was the CM they brought on? He looked to have the qualities I want in a few United CMs - confident, composed, received the ball under pressure and looked after it. Wasn't shy when it came to getting stuck in either.

Heard a few things last night that Ole looked clueless on the touchline. I disagree, he looked irritated possibly even angry. There's only so much a coach can do before you have to hand over to the players and say go and do your job. It's not a lack of desire or effort IMO, it's a lack of quality. Most, if not all, try the problem is a number of them simply aren't up to it and when Ole references the next level I think he's acutely aware who can step up and who can't. I don't think this PSG side can win the CL but they're still a better team - even with injuries - than the one United can put out.

Oh, United need a Plan B that isn't Sanchez or Lukaku. £#%&! me.
Spot on Whaley.

Regarding your point (other post) about a DOF, I just don’t think it will change much. It might achieve a bit of consistency with recruitment tbf but whoever it is will still be an utter £#%&!ing Glazer puppet like Woowoo.

Unread 14-02-2019, 11:14 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Surprised by the negatively after last night. It was a painful second half but we were up against serious contenders who are financially doped to £#%&!. We've not got that spending power and allied with some calamitous transfer decisions post-Fergie it's where we are.
We have got that spending power. We just waste it, or choose not to spend it. Players such as shaw, jones, smalling, Rojo on 150k plus a week. Probably more than most of the PSG players.

Unread 14-02-2019, 12:27 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_west

Memo from PSG - Thanks
What are you, a £#%&!ing postman?

Unread 14-02-2019, 12:30 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don't think football is for you pal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
So they more or less dominated possession but played on the counter?

Unread 14-02-2019, 03:56 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

That’s £#%&!ing brave coming from you, pal

Unread 14-02-2019, 04:00 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
That’s £#%&!ing brave coming from you, pal
You don't know what brave is pal.

and the dunce was for mr west.

Unread 14-02-2019, 04:52 PM
mr_west

Quote:
So they more or less dominated possession but played on the counter?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
What are you, a £#%&!ing postman?
No.