United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:12 PM
Dacter

He’s clearly not enjoying himself.

Probably sat in the changing rooms wondering what else he has to do to get the manager to stop picking him.

Unread 13-04-2024, 10:22 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter View Post
He’s clearly not enjoying himself.

Probably sat in the changing rooms wondering what else he has to do to get the manager to stop picking him.
“Hey Marcus, any tips?”

“No mate. If only he had a daughter, like Moyes did.”

Unread 14-04-2024, 01:22 PM
Sparky***

I think it's very simplistic to just go "yeah he's finished". I think you could arguably take the best central defensive midfielder in the world right now, Rodri, and drop him in this team. I guarantee you within a couple of months we'd all be saying the same things as he gets routinely over run every game through sheer chaos.

Conversely, i think if you took Casemiro and dropped him in City's midfield he'd look like a Rolls Royce compared to the lethargic, slow, careless player he looks in our midfield.

I'm sure Casemiro is nowhere near the player he was at Madrid 5 years ago but I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as he's being made to look in this absolute mess. It's like we've deliberately set ourselves up to expose all our own weaknesses. We insist on having a wide-open midfield with two slow players in the middle and bruno just off chasing butterflies. We go man for man on everyone and leave the young inexperienced centre back up against opposing team's only striker. Then up the other end of the pitch we leave our young inexperienced striker on his own up against their entire defence.

It's not really a coincidence that everyone looks absolutely shocking at the moment, is it. Even Mainoo who stormed into the team looking levels above everything gets slowly caught in the quicksand and dragged down by the mayhem. Same goes for Garnacho. Two young players who should be getting rested and nurtured into the team, not tossed in to play 98 mins every single game.

Unread 14-04-2024, 01:42 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
I think it's very simplistic to just go "yeah he's finished". I think you could arguably take the best central defensive midfielder in the world right now, Rodri, and drop him in this team. I guarantee you within a couple of months we'd all be saying the same things as he gets routinely over run every game through sheer chaos.

Conversely, i think if you took Casemiro and dropped him in City's midfield he'd look like a Rolls Royce compared to the lethargic, slow, careless player he looks in our midfield.

I'm sure Casemiro is nowhere near the player he was at Madrid 5 years ago but I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as he's being made to look in this absolute mess. It's like we've deliberately set ourselves up to expose all our own weaknesses. We insist on having a wide-open midfield with two slow players in the middle and bruno just off chasing butterflies. We go man for man on everyone and leave the young inexperienced centre back up against opposing team's only striker. Then up the other end of the pitch we leave our young inexperienced striker on his own up against their entire defence.

It's not really a coincidence that everyone looks absolutely shocking at the moment, is it. Even Mainoo who stormed into the team looking levels above everything gets slowly caught in the quicksand and dragged down by the mayhem. Same goes for Garnacho. Two young players who should be getting rested and nurtured into the team, not tossed in to play 98 mins every single game.
100%

You’ve got our supporting borderline gaslighting themselves that everybody else’s players are better than ours. If Casemiro was playing against us for some of the less fancied teams in the league, we’d be bitching we didn’t have a player like him.

We are in absolute hell tactically, make no mistake.

Unread 14-04-2024, 01:48 PM
NedKelly

He’s not been the same since his suspension last season. You don’t have to like the tactics but I think it’s more than a possibility Casemiro really has actually declined a lot. As said previously, Madrid don’t get rid of players these days unless they’re on the way down.

Unread 14-04-2024, 01:54 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
He’s not been the same since his suspension last season. You don’t have to like the tactics but I think it’s more than a possibility Casemiro really has actually declined a lot. As said previously, Madrid don’t get rid of players these days unless they’re on the way down.
Agree with this. He's was superb before the two sending offs, then he comes back totally shite. It's like he gave up at thar exact moment.

Unread 14-04-2024, 01:58 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
No-one is disputing he’s on the way down but it’s possible to no longer be at Madrid’s level and still be far too good for us. If most of our players are below par then clearly the system isn’t working. Personally I’d rather get a load of second rate players in for cheap so when they inevitably fail it’s less of a financial albatross

Unread 14-04-2024, 01:58 PM
jem

absolutely changed the team around last season and was our best player. hard to say why he looks so bad at the moment - could be fitness, could be team performance, could be stupid tactics, could be that he can't be arsed in this shit set-up. but it's definitely stupid tactics.

Unread 15-04-2024, 12:54 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
absolutely changed the team around last season and was our best player. hard to say why he looks so bad at the moment - could be fitness, could be team performance, could be stupid tactics, could be that he can't be arsed in this shit set-up. but it's definitely stupid tactics.
Yes, the tactics are why he can't control a football or play a simple 10 yard pass without giving it away. Both of which happened repeatedly on Saturday.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Unread 15-04-2024, 02:12 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post

ETH has a lot to address, has done a lot wrong but he has also been dealt a tough hand.

However if the argument is , these players don’t turn crap over night , then the same applies to ETh. We weren’t this open last season, finished 3rd with two cup finals .

He can’t become a bad manager just like Casemiro isn’t as bad as he is made out to be. It’s clearly obvious there are dressing room issues and recruitment errors have left us woefully short. One genuine striker, two real CMs etc.

Of course the two younger players shouldn’t be playing so much but would you honestly trust a midfield of The Scottish Player and Casemiro in the middle now ?

I’m not trying to defend ETH completely but we had a poor squad before he took over and it takes a bit of time replacing an 18-20 man squad. Which evidentially needs addressing as the injuries we have had have over exposed the quality in depth.

FWIW , I think Casemiro is either set on joining a Saudi team in the summer or his legs have genuinely gone. ETH setting up leaving him exposed man for man doesn’t help but it’s not ETHs fault he looks like he is running through mud when he’s trying to track back

Unread 15-04-2024, 02:22 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Yes, the tactics are why he can't control a football or play a simple 10 yard pass without giving it away. Both of which happened repeatedly on Saturday.

I wholeheartedly agree.
And for the past god knows how many games. He's like Fred re-incarnated at the minute this @#%&!, but without the legs.

Unread 22-04-2024, 10:46 AM
dragflick

State of this bastard yesterday. That bit 2nd half when their fella has completely done him for pace down the outside

He's only 32 but his legs have absolutely gone- should have sent him straight to the airport with a ticket to Saudi after that penalty attempt. £#%&!.

Unread 22-04-2024, 10:50 AM
TreeFiddy

Is there actually any truth in the Saudi stuff or just wishful thinking?
We should do them a closing down sale, multi buy offer to take 90% of the squad for 100 mill. A total fantasy but it would be great to just flush the lot and start again with youth players if that’s what it takes.

Unread 22-04-2024, 11:09 AM
shenwen

That penalty kick kind of felt like he didn't fancy being ran ragged in the final

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:07 PM
TreeFiddy

Stupid old chipmunk was probably on his Xbox when Silva made a fool of himself midweek.

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:15 PM
ZiggyStardust

Big

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:17 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy View Post
Is there actually any truth in the Saudi stuff or just wishful thinking?
We should do them a closing down sale, multi buy offer to take 90% of the squad for 100 mill. A total fantasy but it would be great to just flush the lot and start again with youth players if that’s what it takes.
We had our chance in the summer. When leagues like this come onto the scene and spend big, it doesn't usually last long. Even if they are splashing the cash, I doubt they're stupid enough to take our cast offs. They're all tainted.

Look at Lingard, he had to go to Korea

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:21 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We had our chance in the summer. When leagues like this come onto the scene and spend big, it doesn't usually last long. Even if they are splashing the cash, I doubt they're stupid enough to take our cast offs. They're all tainted.

Look at Lingard, he had to go to Korea
Big Kim Jong Un is a top red isn’t he
Maybe he’ll pay to take some of our shit@#%&!s off our hands and we can send them to North Korea

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:19 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
State of this bastard yesterday. That bit 2nd half when their fella has completely done him for pace down the outside

He's only 32 but his legs have absolutely gone- should have sent him straight to the airport with a ticket to Saudi after that penalty attempt. £#%&!.

Reminded me of G nevs end of days running in £#%&!ing treacle. Are casemiro & mags the slowest CB pairing in history?

Unread 22-04-2024, 04:16 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Reminded me of G nevs end of days running in £#%&!ing treacle. Are casemiro & mags the slowest CB pairing in history?
Yep. Madness his decline. Wouldn't mind as much if he was decent on the ball, but his passing seems to have gone to absolute shit aswell