United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Camel

Default How £#%&!ing Immense Was Rooney Today

that goal should never have been disallowed, could've had a hattrick. set up at least one of the other goals. looked a constant menace. not sure i buy into this media %@#$&!s about it being the the best form of his career tho, but not far off.

berbie was a little disapointing in the first, came good in the second. vidic was fantastic. fletcher had an excellent game too, up against five in mf with not too much help from giggs.

hope evra isn't badly hamstrung.

Unread 18-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Ether

Looked like the Rooney of a couple of years ago today. I'm not saying he's been bad the last couple of seasons, but he's never really looked quite himself, he was rarely taking games by the scruff of the neck and controlling them. He did that today, it was a £#%&!ing masterclass

Unread 18-10-2008, 10:32 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
with not too much help from giggs
are we suprised?

Unread 18-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Rhodzy

Besides the first 15 minutes Giggs was terrific.

Unread 18-10-2008, 10:37 PM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up

rooney was excellent today, hope he can stay fit, nobody better than him at the moment, the lad is on fire.

Unread 18-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
i'm not a hater, but in the position he was playing today, cm - he was largely ineffectual. until west brom capitulated. pretty poor corners too.

Unread 18-10-2008, 10:40 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
i'm not a hater, but in the position he was playing today, cm - he was largely ineffectual. until west brom capitulated. pretty poor corners too.
rooneys corners were worse

Unread 18-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Hopskipjump

£#%&! all wrong with Waynes first goal...made up that he scored anyway he was sublime. Berbs was playing far too deep...am sure his goal will spur(scuse pun) him on....fletch is getting better with each game and losing the windmill arms (thank god)..

what can u say about our Rafa..nothing phases him....loves coming forward...

the futures bright!

oh and ronnies celebration...where was that?

better not go there eh

Tumescent Throb

Default Giggs was quality as usual. Meanwhile, here's a tune...

m14red

why rooney was taking half our corners is beyond me as well

Unread 18-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
I thought so too.

And CT, Rooney's corners were pretty poor as well tbf. I'm sure we actually practice putting in £#%&! corners during training. We make it look so £#%&!ing difficult at times

Unread 18-10-2008, 10:42 PM
History

Giggs playing centre mid and he was still dribbling it's so sexy

Rooney went on the exact same Run last year. Was scoring for England and everything

Unread 18-10-2008, 10:44 PM
dunk

Giggs and Fletcher were both excellent. In fact, I thought they all played well, as well as was necessary, with the exception of Rooney, who was awesome. Games can't come quick enough for him atm.

Unread 18-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Camel

i agree with the points that

a) rooney's corners were £#%&! too. we should've capitalised more on the opportunities we had to pump the ball in the box, ronaldo, berbie, vidic, ferdinand and even super darren fletcher are all capable of burying a headed chance in a crowded box.

b) giggs wasn't poor. that's not what i said. he offered a lot of threat going forwards but was very lightweight when it came to putting in a tackle to close down the brom midfield when the game was tight in the first half.

Unread 18-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Hopskipjump

I'd say 5 out of 6 are correct

Unread 18-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
5) Rafael looks a decent prospect.
was very dissapointed with him, hardly saw him getin involved and when he did it was ineffectual, i think he has alot of potential but why he's keeping brown out of the team i dont know......

Unread 18-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
was very dissapointed with him, hardly saw him getin involved and when he did it was ineffectual, i think he has alot of potential but why he's keeping brown out of the team i dont know......
Hes only young and will make dodgy decisions every now and then, I'd say theres nothing wrong with giving him the experience against teams like WBA as long as its not part of a wholesale change like SAF has done in the past.

Unread 18-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Ether

Thought Rafael did alright. He ended up practically in their 6 yard box in one attack, love it

Unread 19-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Thought Rafael did alright. He ended up practically in their 6 yard box in one attack, love it
Did you see that flip tackle he did? awesome.

Unread 19-10-2008, 12:03 AM
wiganste

On current form, Rooney is the best player in the world.
Closed Thread