United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
does possession, corners and clearances from our box count. i know we were the away team but i can count our chances on one hand. this is against a tteam 20pts off the pace in serie a. yes they're in form but we played like the proverbial rabbits caught in the headlights, especially in the first half.

Sky showed the possession as Roma 56% United 44%. Not bad away from home in Europe with ten men.

Clearances from our box, in my opinion, is a sign of defending well whilst under pressure.

Conceding corners, likewise.

For the fact that you could count our chances on one hand you should look at Scholes, not Carrick.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:05 PM
armchair

seriously though I did. Think he showed Scholes how to tackle and put in a very mature performance.

In the end I think we showed we have more real quality than them and we'll do them in a game of football.

Obviously a few long shots at OT could scupper everything but I'm pleased enough with tonight.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
seriously though I did. Think he showed Scholes how to tackle and put in a very mature performance.
Nail on the head.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Sky showed the possession as Roma 56% United 44%. Not bad away from home in Europe with ten men.

Clearances from our box, in my opinion, is a sign of defending well whilst under pressure.

Conceding corners, likewise.

For the fact that you could count our chances on one hand you should look at Scholes, not Carrick.
possession means £#%&! all. stats for shots on target would be far more informative, but not exclusively the way to render a match, unless you're a scum or news of the screws reporter.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
possession means £#%&! all. stats for shots on target would be far more informative, but not exclusively the way to render a match, unless you're a scum or news of the screws reporter.
Possession means £#%&! all now? Well it was YOU who raised it as a sign that we/Carrick didn't play well...

http://www.utdforum.com/showthread.p...223#post236223

And just to take you to task with the validity of that statement, possession is of great importance, especially when playing away in Europe.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:44 PM
MUFC One Love

I thought he was very good tonight, considering his partner was £#%&!ing stupid.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Ether

I thought he was brilliant too. Giggs was very poor.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Terry Silver

In light of what Scholes did tonight, making Carrick the scapegoat takes the unquestioning admiration of the former, and the inability to appreciate the quality of the latter to new unprecedented levels.

If some people on here opened their eyes they might enjoy the odd game of football now and again.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Camel

Quote:
Possession means £#%&! all now? Well it was YOU who raised it as a sign that we/Carrick didn't play well...

http://www.utdforum.com/showthread.p...223#post236223

And just to take you to task with the validity of that statement, possession is of great importance, especially when playing away in Europe.
hoisted by my own petard

possession is fantastic if it's yours, away from home. but it was theirs.

but it's chances and goals that count. they had more.

i might just give you some rep for your persistence.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
hoisted by my own petard

possession is fantastic if it's yours, away from home. but it was theirs.

but it's chances and goals that count. they had more.

i might just give you some rep for your persistence.
As I said, look at Scholes for your scapegoat.

Carrick was brilliant in the circumstances, especially given his relative inexperience.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:14 AM
Camel

Quote:
As I said, look at Scholes for your scapegoat.

Carrick was brilliant in the circumstances, especially given his relative inexperience.
i still disagree on that. carrick was £#%&! in the first half. deny that.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
i still disagree on that. carrick was £#%&! in the first half. deny that.
He was ok in the first half. Average.

Second half he was brilliant.

"Far too many United players were off their game, but an honourable exception was Michael Carrick, whose influence has grown during his first season at Old Trafford. While others conceded possession with an alarming regularity, the midfield player’s composure and economical passing set him apart. A pass by Carrick sent Rooney away from Philippe Mexãs midway through the first half, but the forward was unable to make much of the opportunity."

http://timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/f...cle1615913.ece

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Camel

so you agree with my first half assessment.

£#%&! off with your tory rag, oliver kay is a @#%&!.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:31 AM
magic_cantona

I really rated Carricks performance tonight.

One or two passes went astray but apart from that, very good.

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
so you agree with my first half assessment.

£#%&! off with your tory rag, oliver kay is a @#%&!.

There is a difference between £#%&! and average.

United were only finding their feet when Scholes got sent off. We'd started putting them under pressure and then Scholes - the real villain of the piece - went and made our task, and Carrick's job, infinitely harder.

In the circumstances he coped brilliantly.

I am now leaving this merry-go-round of a thread, as I'm getting a tad dizzy and I'm struggling to find the Tory slant in that article...

Unread 05-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Camel

Quote:
There is a difference between £#%&! and average.

United were only finding their feet when Scholes got sent off. We'd started putting them under pressure and then Scholes - the real villain of the piece - went and made our task, and Carrick's job, infinitely harder.

In the circumstances he coped brilliantly.

I am now leaving this merry-go-round of a thread, as I'm getting a tad dizzy and I'm struggling to find the Tory slant in that article...
32 mins to find his form=not a good performance, in my book. unless he scores or sets up a couple of goals, which he didn't.

Unread 05-04-2007, 02:50 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I enjoy nothing more than sticking the knife in Carrick
Well done you.

What a complete £#%&!ing plum you are.

By the way Carrick played very £#%&!ing well in the circumstances. In the middle with a 33 year old left winger away at Roma

£#%&!ing #@&%!

and don't bother with that childish £#%&!ing negative rep bullshit - just answer the post

Unread 05-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Part 36 Offer

Had a very good game; valuable interceptions and bailed O'Shea out a number of times.
Closed Thread