Originally Posted by Red Santos
He's much better than Lindelof

Quick and aggressive.

Would've improved our defence

isnt he injury prone though?
Will fit right in then etc etc.

Unread 22-07-2020, 09:36 AM
believe

When did it become an issue with what foot a CB uses? I could be wrong but I don't think we've had a left footed centre half in all the time I've been watching United.

Unread 22-07-2020, 09:39 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
When did it become an issue with what foot a CB uses? I could be wrong but I don't think we've had a left footed centre half in all the time I've been watching United.

Unread 22-07-2020, 09:39 AM
Ethers

Quote:
It’s complete and utter %@#$&!s.

Unread 22-07-2020, 09:40 AM
Baron

Quote:
Evans & Silvestre

& playing two left footed centre backs & likely a left footed fullback... just unusual. Not a big deal I guess if they are all actually good.

Unread 22-07-2020, 10:01 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
since the #stats lads starting memeing it on social media.

Unread 22-07-2020, 10:06 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
since the #stats lads starting memeing it on social media.
Wasn’t it Guardiola who started getting really autistic with it? One of those things that made him so “revolutionary”, I thought.

Unread 22-07-2020, 11:58 AM
puressence

Quote:
Rojo but like u said you’ve not been watching long

Unread 22-07-2020, 12:41 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Since people needed to make an excuse for our £80m lummox. Not playing on his favoured side

Unread 22-07-2020, 12:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Since people needed to make an excuse for our £80m lummox. Not playing on his favoured side

Unread 22-07-2020, 12:57 PM
Stickman

Quote:
This.

It’s actually weighed up by supporters now when teams are linked with centre backs. Cannot for the life of me recall it being brought up so frequently until the last couple of years.

Unread 22-07-2020, 01:09 PM
Patty_b

Does make a difference imo.

Agree to disagree.

Unread 22-07-2020, 01:30 PM
vanpalm87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
This.

It’s actually weighed up by supporters now when teams are linked with centre backs. Cannot for the life of me recall it being brought up so frequently until the last couple of years.
Seems to be since this whole obsession with playing from the back, also why people want keepers who can pass.

I'd rather a GK who can keep out shots and command his area and a defender who follows runners and gets head to the ball than passing to be honest.

Also, if teams press high up surely better to lump a long ball to catch them out?

Unread 22-07-2020, 01:35 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Does make a difference imo.

Agree to disagree.
how? serious question btw.

Unread 22-07-2020, 01:39 PM
utd99

Quote:
Symmetry

Unread 22-07-2020, 01:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
When players run the channel between them and the fullback towards goal they can tackle with their stronger side, and when facing away from goal, they move the ball away from centre onto their stronger side making passing easier?

Unread 22-07-2020, 01:44 PM
Dr Stranger

It seems to matter to people more at CB, yet nobody seems to care about strikers. Given the fewer touches and less time they have on the ball, you'd think it would be more important.

Unread 22-07-2020, 01:46 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
When players run the channel between them and the fullback towards goal they can tackle with their stronger side, and when facing away from goal, they move the ball away from centre onto their stronger side making passing easier?
This basically.

If a defender is showing an opposition player to the outside and wants to make a challenge, then it's going to be easier to make the tackle with their left foot.

Unread 22-07-2020, 01:55 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
This basically.

If a defender is showing an opposition player to the outside and wants to make a challenge, then it's going to be easier to make the tackle with their left foot.
Unless they come inside

Unread 22-07-2020, 02:03 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Unless they come inside
Closed Thread