United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Unread 02-10-2023, 10:53 AM
Chorlton74
 
Default

lets just borrow ancellotti for a while.
 
Unread 02-10-2023, 10:54 AM
RedNick80
 
Default

I'm positive. There is still a lot to sort out & hopefully a sale happens before too long. If ETH isn't the answer then I'm giving up.
 
Unread 02-10-2023, 11:16 AM
magic_cantona
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74 View Post
lets just borrow ancellotti for a while.
January transfer window, loan option

Superb idea imo.
 
Unread 02-10-2023, 11:17 AM
marlo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
I'm not privy to exactly what ETH's responsibilities are aside from picking and managing the team, my wider point was that if he really is responsible for everything you insinuate, that's a failing of the club not the man.


I'm not particularly interested in 'defending' ETH - for whatever reason he isn't getting the best out of the players at the moment - but then what manager has in the last 10 years? You say he's not 'elite level', but was Mourinho not elite level? Was LVG not elite level? Yes, 10 or so players are 'his', but we're still an absolute mess of a squad because we can't just go out and buy the best in class. How many years did klopp need at Liverpool before getting a tune out of them? It was certainly longer than the one-and-a-bit season you're judging ETH on.


Organisationally and structurally we appear to be an absolute £#%&!ing shambles, and that can only make the managers job 10x harder.

I'm sure Guardiola obviously does have huge input on ins and outs, but he literally rules with an iron fist (as fergie did), and he's allowed that freedom because of their unlimited wealth. I very much doubt he would have gone their otherwise.

The glazers are always, always looking at the bottom line and this has been proved time and time again - which oles recently interview only confirmed. We're supposed to be a top tier club yet rarely act like it. And as long as that remains the case, I can't think of a single manager - including pep - who would have any kind of sustained success here.
beautiful. just beautiful.

need a favour.

one question. just a direct answer. please.

ten hag.. heard of him..

he has a job right? what is that job? what is he responsible for.... and how can you measure the the job he is doing in isolation and measure if he has been a success?


because if we go down this road then Mourinho didnt do a bad job as he had the same owners? no?
 
Unread 02-10-2023, 11:37 AM
Whip Hubley
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
beautiful. just beautiful.

need a favour.

one question. just a direct answer. please.

ten hag.. heard of him..

he has a job right? what is that job? what is he responsible for.... and how can you measure the the job he is doing in isolation and measure if he has been a success?


because if we go down this road then Mourinho didnt do a bad job as he had the same owners? no?
I never said Mourinho did do a bad job. I wanted him gone in his last season but the two aren't mutually exclusive. He was a toxic @#%&! nqat, but he managed to win a couple of trophies and with this setup that's about all you can ask. You said ETH wasn't elite, if that's the case and - I presume - you believe Mourinho was elite (or LVG for that matter), tell me where Mourinho went wrong? There's a common denominator here.


You're mental if you don't think the organisation and culture of the club stems from the top. It's like any organisation. The values of the owners are what drives it.

Citeh's owners want on the pitch success at pretty much any cost (including financial doping).

The glazers want a return only for themselves and will input the bare minimum to achieve the financial maximum. That's what most businesses do...
 
Unread 02-10-2023, 11:46 AM
marlo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
I never said Mourinho did do a bad job. I wanted him gone in his last season but the two aren't mutually exclusive. He was a toxic @#%&! nqat, but he managed to win a couple of trophies and with this setup that's about all you can ask. You said ETH wasn't elite, if that's the case and - I presume - you believe Mourinho was elite (or LVG for that matter), tell me where Mourinho went wrong? There's a common denominator here.


You're mental if you don't think the organisation and culture of the club stems from the top. It's like any organisation. The values of the owners are what drives it.

Citeh's owners want on the pitch success at pretty much any cost (including financial doping).

The glazers want a return only for themselves and will input the bare minimum to achieve the financial maximum. That's what most businesses do...
Still wonít answer the question.

Erik Tan Hoes are pathetic. Hell bent on supporting ETH they basically absolve him of any responsibility.
 
Unread 02-10-2023, 11:50 AM
VanHaaksbergen
 
Default

There's not even a remotely clear candidate for the manager job if ETH went, so that shouldn't even be under discussion at this point for all the mistakes made. Looking back at the halcyon days of Toxic Mourinho who is shoring up 12th place in Serie A after blowing up Tottenham certainly isn't the way forward.

DOF conversation is different however. Club desperately needs a competent one (Klopp / Guardiola being name-called in this thread .. latter has Begiristain, Liverpool have their transfer committee .. it wasn't Klopp identifying players).

c. £350 million of players in 12 months on the basis they've played for Ajax/Utretcht/Vitesse/or are represented by an agency with family connections is myopic at best, farcical at worst. If this plan doesn't start coming together quickly (wasn't posting but early-season performances were wretched too), then absolutely someone else should assume responsibility for selecting players and Ten Hag coaches them. The irony is that when ETH first worked with these players, it won't be because he found them but because technical directors at his club's did .. so it is completely inane that this is the first club where he seems to have been given that role (whether he wants it or not we don't know).
 
Unread 02-10-2023, 11:51 AM
NedKelly
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen View Post
There's not even a remotely clear candidate for the manager job if ETH went, so that shouldn't even be under discussion at this point for all the mistakes made.

DOF conversation is different however. Club desperately needs a competent one (Klopp / Guardiola being name-called in this thread .. latter has Begiristain, Liverpool have their transfer committee .. it wasn't Klopp identifying players).

c. £350 million of players in 12 months on the basis they've played for Ajax/Utretcht/Vitesse/or are represented by an agency with family connections is myopic at best, farcical at worst. If this plan doesn't start coming together quickly (wasn't posting but early-season performances were wretched too), then absolutely someone else should assume responsibility for selecting players and Ten Hag coaches them. The irony is that when ETH first worked with these players, it won't be because he found them but because technical directors at his club's did .. so it is completely inane that this is the first club where he seems to have been given that role (whether he wants it or not we don't know).
Thatís part of my point when I bring up Klopp. He probably looked at the system in place, and the people calling the shots and wanted nothing to do with that.
 
Unread 02-10-2023, 11:53 AM
VanHaaksbergen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Thatís part of my point when I bring up Klopp. He probably looked at the system in place, and the people calling the shots and wanted nothing to do with that.
Well Woodward was an absolute horror, we all know that. To be fair, I would say we've moved past the days of signing Ronaldo/Falcao/Pogba etc. under enormous contracts, which would have been anathema to a manager like Klopp who wants young, mobile players.

We no longer seem to be on that decrepit-megastar bus, which is good; now need to refine further.
 
Unread 02-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Dacter
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Thatís part of my point when I bring up Klopp. He probably looked at the system in place, and the people calling the shots and wanted nothing to do with that.
Also, he's not a fan of Disneyland
 
Unread 02-10-2023, 12:00 PM
RedNick80
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
Still wonít answer the question.

Erik Tan Hoes are pathetic. Hell bent on supporting ETH they basically absolve him of any responsibility.
Erik Ten Hoes LOL

Worth not having you on ignore for this TBF.

Got me thinking - do you thig threre is a big Olesexual : ET-Hoes venn diagram crossover? I don't think there would be - I was not a Olesexual and I think thats why I've bought into ETH so much.
 
Unread 02-10-2023, 12:06 PM
The taste of...
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
Erik Ten Hoes LOL

Worth not having you on ignore for this TBF.

Got me thinking - do you thig threre is a big Olesexual : ET-Hoes venn diagram crossover? I don't think there would be - I was not a Olesexual and I think thats why I've bought into ETH so much.
How is anyone letting this fraud of a supporter (not RN80) goad them into a debate about binning ETH

He is trying to do a job for his bigger mates for an entry
 
Unread 02-10-2023, 01:11 PM
AK14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
still wonít answer the question.

erik tan hoes are pathetic. Hell bent on supporting eth they basically absolve him of any responsibility.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chorlton74 View Post
lets just borrow ancellotti for a while.
 
Unread 02-10-2023, 01:18 PM
magic_cantona
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
Erik Ten Hoes LOL

Worth not having you on ignore for this TBF.

Got me thinking - do you thig threre is a big Olesexual : ET-Hoes venn diagram crossover? I don't think there would be - I was not a Olesexual and I think thats why I've bought into ETH so much.
Olesexuals
Ten Hoes
Van Gals
Hoesay Mourinhos
Moyes Boys
Fergusbums
Ron's Atkinbums
Dave Sexers
Tommy Focks
 
Unread 02-10-2023, 01:29 PM
Whip Hubley
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
Still wonít answer the question.

Erik Tan Hoes are pathetic. Hell bent on supporting ETH they basically absolve him of any responsibility.
You missed the bit where I said I'm not defending him then

And what question, there was about 5 random ones in your absolute mess of a previous post.

Interesting however you never actually answer any point directly. You'd probably make a good politician.
 
Unread 02-10-2023, 02:13 PM
marlo
 
Default

 
Unread 02-10-2023, 10:28 PM
armchair
 
Default

Some very interesting opinions from Kevin Prince Boateng.


Starts about 3:30 and is all United for the next 20 mins.
 
Unread 03-10-2023, 06:03 AM
MUFC One Love
 
Default

Potter will get the job when heís sacked, he will be thankful for the job and work with the clowns above then he will be sacked within 2 years. The cycle will go on.
 
Unread 03-10-2023, 09:28 AM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

God I love Zlatan.

An absolute winner

Imagine a spine of Schmeichel, Vidic, Keane and Zlatan.

Nobody would outfight us

 
Unread 03-10-2023, 09:50 AM
Sparky***
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
God I love Zlatan.

An absolute winner

Imagine a spine of Schmeichel, Vidic, Keane and Zlatan.

Nobody would outfight us

https://youtu.be/cmjY-33AHxs?si=QTwIqo_U2agsho4i
you knew morgan would find some way to get a dig in at ten hag. he's £#%&!ing obsessed with him
Reply
Thread Tools
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:56 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.