United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-02-2020, 10:21 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Madrid have been sacking managers after 2 seasons for decades, and people still bend over backwards to take that job.
Real Madrid:
  • Shit owners (Mental Maybe)
  • incompetent self-appointed DOF that has screwed over the last three managers No
  • no real money to spend No
  • immense pressure from fans and the press Yes
  • shite squad. No

Unread 12-02-2020, 10:23 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The problem is, these constant put downs of our manager force you to be derogatory towards Pochettino who probably deserves better. It’s tiring. Having an opinion is one thing, but I’ve never wanted a United manager to fail just so I could say I was right on the internet. Bullshit, egotistical twitter reds. Jerk offs.
Cretins everywhere pal - football stuff on here is dire with windy scar marls and sparky. Best avoided.

Unread 12-02-2020, 10:23 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Real Madrid:
  • incompetent self-appointed DOF that has screwed over the last three managers No
  • shite squad. No
  • Good post

Unread 12-02-2020, 10:44 AM
utd99

Quote:
Real Madrid:
  • shite squad. No
The colour coding thing really helped me follow along. Really hope it catches on.

Unread 12-02-2020, 10:44 AM
dunk

Quote:
People hoping a club legend gets the sack rather than hoping his plans start to bear fruit. Team coming into form for the last third of the season could easily see top four and a trophy, but they’d rather spend their energy wishing for this trophyless reject instead. Makes me ashamed to call myself a red.

The part I really don’t understand is that coming good with Ole (and yes, there IS still a chance that happens) would be the best feeling any proper United supporter could get; a proper, proper goon... and yet they’d sell that chance down the river for the ‘thrill’ of a full back page in the Sun, appointing a bloke who ultimately failed at Spurs.

Proper £#%&!ing weirdos.

Yep. All of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Dont think Poch would be a disaster by any stretch. Underwhelming possibly.

But the club is a disaster. The decision making is cretinous. I’m pretty much done with them now.
I'd have taken Poch if I felt that we'd hit a dead end. We're in the midst of the 'things have to get worse before they get better' part of a mass clear out, upheaval and change in direction. I feel like abandoning it now could have us stuck in the same place for a decade.

I'd prefer Nagglesmann from RB Leipzeig or someone else interesting though, once Ole has cleared the decks, stablised it and got a solid squad of young players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Who was replaced by a man that wasnt good enough for us 2 years ago.

You cannot make it up.
And this.. he did alright with Spurs NQAT, but the wheels fell off spectacularly..

Unread 12-02-2020, 10:49 AM
Switching Off

TBF Poch has experience working under a difficult chief exec. Levy might not be quite as bad as the Glazers but he's not far off from a practical perspective. Made a mess of the Champions League final though.

Unread 12-02-2020, 10:56 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
And this.. he did alright with Spurs NQAT, but the wheels fell off spectacularly..
I actually quite like Pochettino, and certainly would have preferred him to Mourinho towards the end of his stint; but we went a different route, and whether or not it was someone’s call at the time is irrelevant in the face of what’s best for the club.

What’s best for the club is always success rather than failure. I’ve never, ever wanted a United manager to fail just because it fit a previous prediction or opinion. Even players I can’t stand -like Lingard-, any time they take the field I want them to do well, and would love to be proven wrong, because then the club itself (you know, the thing we’re actually supposed to support) benefits.

These people aren’t supporters of the club, they’re supporters of their own petty little insecure egos.

Unread 12-02-2020, 11:13 AM
Vedder

Poch did a great job at cleaning out the shit at spurs and building a good team, not enough to win anything but on their day they were superb.

Unread 12-02-2020, 11:26 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Poch did a great job at cleaning out the shit at spurs and building a good team, not enough to win anything but on their day they were superb.
SAF was a big fan too

But then he thought Moyes was good too, so..

Unread 12-02-2020, 11:30 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Predicted Poch will come to City. Also said Ole won't be manager next season.

Permutations...
True Colours eh pal

Unread 12-02-2020, 11:42 AM
redhegemony

This is going to be continuous but United are always a story. The one big thing we need is stability and a plan. At the moment we are at the beginning of the transition shifting out the dead wood, buying some quality and establishing young players. Be utter stupidity to interrupt it though i don't think Poch and Ole are far apart (4-2-3-1 in how they play and the type of players they like.

Unread 12-02-2020, 12:01 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
People hoping a club legend gets the sack rather than hoping his plans start to bear fruit. Team coming into form for the last third of the season could easily see top four and a trophy, but they’d rather spend their energy wishing for this trophyless reject instead. Makes me ashamed to call myself a red.

The part I really don’t understand is that coming good with Ole (and yes, there IS still a chance that happens) would be the best feeling any proper United supporter could get; a proper, proper goon... and yet they’d sell that chance down the river for the ‘thrill’ of a full back page in the Sun, appointing a bloke who ultimately failed at Spurs.

Proper £#%&!ing weirdos.
There is no plan. If there is, it isn't working.

Next...

Unread 12-02-2020, 12:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
There is no plan. If there is, it isn't working.

Next...
You have no idea. You're basing that purely on results on the pitch with 3 or 4 first team players missing.

Unread 12-02-2020, 12:07 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
You have no idea. You're basing that purely on results on the pitch with 3 or 4 first team players missing.
He's just saying there isn't a plan.

But then he'll post in another thread that there is a plan.

Can't be wrong if you cover all bases.

Unread 12-02-2020, 12:37 PM
windy waffles

Cool

Quote:
He's just saying there isn't a plan.

But then he'll post in another thread that there is a plan.

Can't be wrong if you cover all bases.

Trust me, you wont see me posting about that.

Quote:
I'm basing it on the shit we have seen over the past 12 months.

Unread 12-02-2020, 12:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Trust me, you wont see me posting about that.

I'm basing it on the shit we have seen over the past 12 months.
It hasn't all been shit though, has it? There have been positives along the way, the issues we've seen recently have clearly been down to lack of options, fatigue and injuries, none of which are part of anyone's plan.

Unread 12-02-2020, 12:54 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
It hasn't all been shit though, has it? There have been positives along the way, the issues we've seen recently have clearly been down to lack of options, fatigue and injuries, none of which are part of anyone's plan.
Stats and leaugue position say otherwise pal.

If he wasn't a club legend, you would want him out.

Unread 12-02-2020, 01:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Stats and leaugue position say otherwise pal.

If he wasn't a club legend, you would want him out.
I wouldn't. Just as I didn't want LvG out. This is a huge change within the club, it takes time.

Unread 12-02-2020, 01:07 PM
atticusgrinch

If Ole qualifies for the CL he stays. If not he's out.

Dont really see the issue with that. That's how the other managers were judged.

Unread 12-02-2020, 01:22 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
People hoping a club legend gets the sack rather than hoping his plans start to bear fruit.
People wanting a proper manager rather than an unproven guy from the fish leagues who's been here over a year & some how managed to do worse than Moyes.

Loved Ole as a player...as a manager
Closed Thread