United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-07-2023, 05:57 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You know nothing about Fletcher, his knowledge, capabilities, role or responsibility. You know nothing. That’s what I’m saying.
well I know from a results basis which is what football is, he isn't very good at his job.

I also think he shouldn't be given that role as he most definitely isn't the best or most qualified for the roll.
our rivals are employing the best in the business not 'sound lads' and it shows.

Unread 25-07-2023, 06:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
well I know from a results basis which is what football is, he isn't very good at his job.

I also think he shouldn't be given that role as he most definitely isn't the best or most qualified for the roll.
our rivals are employing the best in the business not 'sound lads' and it shows.
Really? Last season was the first since he took on that role, how did it go?

Pretty sure Arsenal have got Edu doing their DoF role?

Do you have an exhaustive list of the people working with DoF’s while looking after the youth side of things to compare with? And a list of their credentials, obvs.? Given your incredible knowledge, insight and apparent role within the game should be a piece of piss to knock up a decent comparison to back up your claim?

City’s theft of Barca’s entire back room staff and identity aside, of course.

Unread 25-07-2023, 06:11 PM
marlo

Quote:
Really? Last season was the first since he took on that role, how did it go?

Pretty sure Arsenal have got Edu doing their DoF role?

Do you have an exhaustive list of the people working with DoF’s while looking after the youth side of things to compare with? And a list of their credentials, obvs.? Given your incredible knowledge, insight and apparent role within the game should be a piece of piss to knock up a decent comparison to back up your claim?

City’s theft of Barca’s entire back room staff and identity aside, of course.
Edu, who cut his teeth elsewhere and came back to arsenal with some outside experience especially in terms Brazilians.

plus id rather have fletcher than edu for reasons I won't mention.

fletcher has no experience which is why he should be in the job.

city style went for the best in class and took barcas setup.
united just stole arsenals doctor as ETH has been complaining about our medical team which is a good thing and a good start in that respect.

hope this helps you with whatever you are looking for. xxx

Unread 25-07-2023, 06:12 PM
dunk

Not really, just more nothingness. As usual.

Carry on. Have a good day.

Unread 25-07-2023, 06:30 PM
the heathen

Dunno how anyone can criticise Fletcher. He's just been central to the signing of two top young talents from City's academy.

Unread 25-07-2023, 07:09 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heathen
Dunno how anyone can criticise Fletcher. He's just been central to the signing of two top young talents from City's academy.

a man dunk says works with the academy and youth was dropping his sons at his own works rivals 4 days a week and we are having to buy them off them.

we are buying our technical directors children from our rivals academy

Even if you didn’t have a reason before….

Unread 25-07-2023, 07:13 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

a man dunk says works with the academy and youth was dropping his sons at his own works rivals 4 days a week and we are having to buy them off them.

Nepotism has no part in this game imo..

Conflict of interest too...

Fletcher out!

Unread 25-07-2023, 07:16 PM
BigJim

Quote:

We've now drafted 2 academy players into the matchday squad, have two, maybe 3 more on the verge, have sold 2 for a combined 30m and another few with significant sell-on deals - all since Fletch has been in the role. Explain how he's not doing a good job again?

Is your major objection to anyone we appoint the fact that if you know their name they must be no good?

Unread 25-07-2023, 07:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
In November 2019, Fletcher said he aspired to a future in management.[100] In October 2020, Fletcher returned to Manchester United to coach their under-16s players,[101] and in January 2021, he was promoted to first-team coach.[102] In March 2021, he became the technical director at Manchester United.[103]
Pretty sure the twins were at City and signed Schoolboy forms before Fletcher rejoined United.

Prepared to be proven wrong..

This would of course point to issues with the academy and scouting that pre-date Fletcher and will be under his remit to correct, given his experience with his sons who were picked up from Fletcher Moss by City, his insight is probably invaluable.

Unread 25-07-2023, 07:38 PM
marlo

Quote:
Pretty sure the twins were at City and signed Schoolboy forms before Fletcher rejoined United.

Prepared to be proven wrong..
Bro you cant dip in and out when you think you have a point.

One minute you disregard everything , next minute when you think you have a point you pop back in.

Anyway i don’t run from confrontation.

Fletcher could have pulled his boys out of city early on.

Unread 25-07-2023, 07:45 PM
dunk

Not sure, maybe Agent Marla can tell us, but are there rules regarding stealing youth players on schoolboy forms? Maybe rules regarding transfers involving players under the age of 16?

Maybe these 2 are being purchased partly in retaliation for City tapping up and buying the 16 year old CB? Who was possibly revenge for us nicking Charlie McNeil? Who they originally stole from United, I believe. Or maybe it’s all just stuff that’s constantly happening and the person whinging about it is just constantly on the look out to slag the club he claims to support to high heaven who can say..

Quote:
Bro you cant dip in and out when you think you have a point.

One minute you disregard everything , next minute when you think you have a point you pop back in.

Anyway i don’t run from confrontation.

Fletcher could have pulled his boys out of city early on.
Sorry, I’m doing other things. I only disregard when you post pointless drivel that needs no rebuttal. When you post my name implying it’s me that’s being ridiculous, well that then warrants the usual taking apart of your post.

Try not to cry this time.

Unread 25-07-2023, 08:33 PM
marlo

Quote:
Not sure, maybe Agent Marla can tell us, but are there rules regarding stealing youth players on schoolboy forms? Maybe rules regarding transfers involving players under the age of 16?

Maybe these 2 are being purchased partly in retaliation for City tapping up and buying the 16 year old CB? Who was possibly revenge for us nicking Charlie McNeil? Who they originally stole from United, I believe. Or maybe it’s all just stuff that’s constantly happening and the person whinging about it is just constantly on the look out to slag the club he claims to support to high heaven who can say..

Sorry, I’m doing other things. I only disregard when you post pointless drivel that needs no rebuttal. When you post my name implying it’s me that’s being ridiculous, well that then warrants the usual taking apart of your post.

Try not to cry this time.
Up until professional papers are signed a player can leave/quit and if the club that he left want they can claim compo dependant on circumstances etc

But that’s besides the point and you know it.

When did i cry? Big boys don’t cry.

Unread 25-07-2023, 08:40 PM
no fun

Quote:
Up until professional papers are signed a player can leave/quit and if the club that he left want they can claim compo dependant on circumstances etc

Ey up 10cc/the cure have logged on

Old bastards music reference marlo, don’t fret

Unread 25-07-2023, 08:42 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Ey up 10cc/the cure have logged on

Old bastards music reference marlo, don’t fret
Fret. That’s another one.

Unread 25-07-2023, 08:54 PM
dunk

Quote:

Once academy forms are signed they can't just dip. The lads are 16, they can't sign professional forms until they're 17, why are we paying?

There is also the point that maybe Fletcher thought it best to leave his kids at City where their progress wouldn't be put down to nepotism.

You keep complaining your posts get pulled apart..

Unread 25-07-2023, 09:15 PM
marlo

Quote:
Once academy forms are signed they can't just dip. The lads are 16, they can't sign professional forms until they're 17, why are we paying?

There is also the point that maybe Fletcher thought it best to leave his kids at City where their progress wouldn't be put down to nepotism.

You keep complaining your posts get pulled apart..
We are probably paying compensation , as yoy said it’s all conjecture

And yes players can just dip dependant on the terms they signed etc. i know for this an absolute fact
You will obviously tell me other wise and if i tell say what i want to say I’ll be pulled apart for being a gross or vulgar

Unread 25-07-2023, 09:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
We are probably paying compensation , as yoy said it’s all conjecture

And yes players can just dip dependant on the terms they signed etc. i know for this an absolute fact
You will obviously tell me other wise and if i tell say what i want to say I’ll be pulled apart for being a gross or vulgar
So if compensation has to be paid, can they just dip? They can ask the club to let them go, but they don't have to, surely, otherwise players such as Fletcher's 2 would just walk as you've suggested they should've?

We paid £700k rising to £1.5m for Charlie McNeil at 16 btw.

Players that the club holding the registration see no future in or money to be made can leave with an agreed notice period, I'd imagine.

You can say what the £#%&! you like btw, my opinion of you will struggle to sink any lower. Give it a go though.

Unread 25-07-2023, 09:33 PM
avocado

Quote:
look at laviaa for example.
city signed him from anderlect in 2020. was around the first team 20/21. made one ecl appearance couldnt break into a team and was sold to Southampton for 10m *some would scream conspiracy*
made 29 appearances and now being sold on for between 35-50 to a top 6 team.
thats nothing but a academy and recruitment system that is working well.
No it's not. It's a puppy farm.

Unread 25-07-2023, 09:53 PM
marlo

Quote:
, my opinion of you will struggle to sink any lower. Give it a go though.
your opinion of me?

And people call me narcissistic.

I taking the high road until i decide not to again but ok, noted. I’ve hit rock bottom when it comes to your opinion of me z

Unread 26-07-2023, 12:00 PM
Dasilvatwins

One academy hoards talent through a network of multiple club ownership amongst other things , then sells their “good players” on to help fund their financial doping essentially buying any success.

The other has a rich history ingrained into the club, which has enabled them to have at least one academy player in the match day squad for 85 years. The Man Utd academy is probably the biggest thing to be proud of this club. It’s rooted in the foundation of what the club has been and is. We develop players, try to bring as many as we can into the first team. As we play at such a high level the process isn’t always easy, you’re not going to get 3-4 academy players entering the first team every year. But every few years we find them coming through.

Garnacho, rashford, and hopefully Mainoo will soon establish a first team spot. Before them, fletcher evans O’Shea brown all had big spells within the club. We also have the elangas, The Scottish Player, welbecks etc who aren’t good enough for our club but still we progress them into premier league quality players.

Anyone who prefers the city “ model” over ours needs their head checking. Man City don’t even have a genuinely academy. It’s a conveyer belt of sign as many hot prospects as we can, then sell the ones that are semi decent.

Quote:
So if compensation has to be paid, can they just dip? They can ask the club to let them go, but they don't have to, surely, otherwise players such as Fletcher's 2 would just walk as you've suggested they should've?

We paid £700k rising to £1.5m for Charlie McNeil at 16 btw.

Players that the club holding the registration see no future in or money to be made can leave with an agreed notice period, I'd imagine.

You can say what the £#%&! you like btw, my opinion of you will struggle to sink any lower. Give it a go though.
If u16s sign a contract with another team I.e what has happened with fletcher, it goes to a compensation. The club with the academy players have no say on the players staying or going.

An independent body declares the compensation amount club 2 will have to pay. No fee is agreed between clubs on players who aren’t contracted. (At least that is my understanding)

In theory I think city can poach the fletcher players back because they don’t have contracts with us until they turn 17.

It’s how most academy players are moved between clubs.
Closed Thread