United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-07-2023, 02:09 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
.Two of the starting 11 are former Utd youth team players in Gomes and Garner
garner a midfielder, in the position we severely lacked quality in went for 9m. if garner can't a look in for us, why would we get big money for him?

trafford a keeper in an area where city have the best in the league went for 15m

Quote:
Also the reason we don’t tend to have many under 21 players is because that level is for players who play at first team level and if a young player is playing for the Utd first team they generally go straight to the England senior team like Rashford and Greenwood
it seems picking a hole in my arguments is more important than being objective.
the general point about academy still stands. how many academy players do we have in both the England team both senior and u21. compare in to 10 years ago.
our academy is not producing anything? how many are ready to make the step up right now...
the fact we are dropping 60m on Chelseas youth products says it all.
how much did we sell our equivalent Tabitha Chong?

Quote:
As for these city youth team players being sold for big money
It’s not nothing that a number of ex City staff go to the Southampton recruitment department and suddenly they sign a load of City youth players for big money
This time it’s an ex City captain as manager at Burnley
It’s not a coincidence
so let me get this straight.
*puts on your thinking cap*
city staff who know the gems in the city academy join another team (not as a double agent but to do their actual job) and use that knowledge they have from their previous job to raid them for the better players.
sounds suspicious. its definitely not a logical thing to do.

oh another alarming situation that's hits home my point.
if we do sell The Scottish Player as mooted, we would be a rAshford injury away from not having a academy player in our match squad for the first time in 85 years.

Unread 04-07-2023, 07:24 AM
Ethers

Elanga is a United youth product, and judging by the goalpost moving in this thread, so is Garnacho apparently. Mainoo will be involved more this season. Who knows, we might even have Henderson or Heaton on the bench too. I think we’ll be okay tbh.

The idea of City being “raided” by Southampton and Burnley raised a chuckle by the way, good work.

Unread 04-07-2023, 08:06 AM
Dr Stranger

Why does Marlo hate United and love everyone else?

Very odd position to take, WUM or otherwise.

Unread 04-07-2023, 08:17 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

He knows how to wind people up yes but they gist of what he’s saying is completely true. This notion that the entire footballing world is complicit in making city better is absolutely ludicrous. We seem to have a portion of online fans who want to blame everyone and everything for United being a bit shit over the last ten years.

Barcelona were doping all their players when they were good then just decided to stop and they became shit.
Liverpool had all their players on some weird inhaler when they were good then they just weirdly decided to stop and they became shit.

This is grown men saying this, it’s really quite bizarre.

Unread 04-07-2023, 08:20 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He knows how to wind people up yes but they gist of what he’s saying is completely true. This notion that the entire footballing world is complicit in making city better is absolutely ludicrous. We seem to have a portion of online fans who want to blame everyone and everything for United being a bit shit over the last ten years.

Barcelona were doping all their players when they were good then just decided to stop and they became shit.
Liverpool had all their players on some weird inhaler when they were good then they just weirdly decided to stop and they became shit.

Yeah, but it’s EVERYTHING

Unread 04-07-2023, 08:22 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Is that his real name ?

James Trafford for 19m reads like a football manager sale ..

To red brick.
Rayon Gogs
Romio @#%&!

Unread 04-07-2023, 09:07 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Romio @#%&!
Fanny Lee

Unread 04-07-2023, 09:18 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

I don't hate united.

I'm being objective.

I'm on a united forum around my fellow united fans.
I can at least be honest on here.

a few weeks ago at a poker game I was defending oles tenure at united to the hilt. hating myself for saying he was relatively successful. keeping it all in house

but while talking to the same united fans I've been discussing united with since I was going to watch Giuseppe Rossi in our reserves LIVE I can brutally honest and to some extent go into overdrive.

but yeah I'm purely here to wind you up. I exist just get your back up.

Unread 04-07-2023, 11:54 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Lavia is not a City youth product. They signed him 3 years ago. How long did he spend at their academy ffs?! Every club wanted him when he was available. No stroke of genius from City, they just bunged his family the most money.

They signed Sancho from Watford for half a million quid. Just what happened.

No idea why you’re pulling yourself off over City’s academy tbh when none of them get in their £#%&!ing team other than Lego head.

If you don’t think there’s anything dodgy about some of their sales you’re very naive.
Rico Lewis plays his fair share to be (again) fair.

Unread 04-07-2023, 12:00 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
mate a lot of these lot don’t watch any football.

post that your watching a game not involving United and they’ll be “I’d rather watch paint dry”

it’s show in some of their opinions.

city have also got that Cole palmer as well who looks tidy.
two or three youngsters on the periphery of the first team is what we were doing when business was booming.

But for saying this I’m now a city fan

At one point we had academy players littering the league in some respect.

nowadays it’s Chelsea and city players (to an extent) and but there’s absolute no correlation between them being the most successful two teams over the last decade.
It’s all a conspiracy.

Unread 04-07-2023, 12:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
but yeah I'm purely here to wind you up. I exist just get your back up.
Apology accepted 👍

Unread 04-07-2023, 12:53 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
mate a lot of these lot don’t watch any football.

post that your watching a game not involving United and they’ll be “I’d rather watch paint dry”

it’s show in some of their opinions.

city have also got that Cole palmer as well who looks tidy.
two or three youngsters on the periphery of the first team is what we were doing when business was booming.

But for saying this I’m now a city fan

At one point we had academy players littering the league in some respect.

nowadays it’s Chelsea and city players (to an extent) and but there’s absolute no correlation between them being the most successful two teams over the last decade.
It’s all a conspiracy.
Been impressed with Lewis despite his size. Saw him play for City against Chelsea last season at Stamford Bridge and literally looked like a mascot was a getting a run out. Good player, though.

Unread 04-07-2023, 04:38 PM
AK14

There’s definitely two Marlos isn’t there?

Had to be.

Anyway… 15(19m) for a keeper that has played 50 games in league one is a suspect tbf.

But our problem is the ridiculous contracts dished out, Brandon Williams a perfect example. He’s supposedly on 50k a week and has been for a 18 months+.

Unread 04-07-2023, 04:52 PM
Sparky***

Basically doing what Chelsea were doing 20 years ago. Hoovering up and monopolising all the best young talent by offering the moon and stars to impressionable young kids and desperate parents.

It has the double benefits of denying any of your rivals the opportunity to bring talent through their ranks and also as a source of credible income when you need to balance the books, you can just sell them off when they become worth something.

I've spoken to coaches of young kids in London and Essex where City have been basically offering their parents a house, a car, as well as giving their child total private education and access to all the best academy facilities.

The amount of kids they have on their books must be astounding.

Obviously most football clubs operate in this way and try to get talent signed up but none of them can afford to do it on such an industrial scale as well as offering families what they're being offered by City. One of the countless perks of having a bottomless pit of cash which you didn't earn on which to draw that nobody else can.

But i'm sure that's all fair etc etc

Unread 04-07-2023, 05:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

I've spoken to coaches of young kids in London and Essex where City have been basically offering their parents a house, a car, as well as giving their child total private education and access to all the best academy facilities.

The amount of kids they have on their books must be astounding.
I bet that expenditure doesn’t appear in their accounts anywhere..

Unread 04-07-2023, 07:33 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Nobody is saying the entire world is complicit in making city better. They’re inflating sponsorships, paying agents , breaking league rules in their own contracts. Signing youngsters and breaking rules , being found guilty and then only having it over turned due to an issue related with time.

Of course United have been largely shit post fergie. Doesn’t take away the fact that city have cheated to get where they are…but who cares?

Unread 04-07-2023, 07:38 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Fair point.

Unread 07-07-2023, 06:49 AM
Ethers

And another one.

Completely normal of course. £9m for a 19-year old with 27 minutes of senior football is the going rate I’m sure

Unread 07-07-2023, 08:15 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
And another one.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/s...716440576?s=20

Completely normal of course. £9m for a 19-year old with 27 minutes of senior football is the going rate I’m sure
What a farce this is. Imagine if the Premier League actually did its job and found out how they're giving these teams the money to buy their own players?

Unread 07-07-2023, 08:24 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
And another one.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/s...716440576?s=20

Do you honestly believe Southampton are in cahoots with Man City?
Closed Thread