Unread 14-05-2017, 09:18 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Ever coming across sparky.
Get it in his eyes?

Unread 14-05-2017, 10:44 PM
gav81

Without a doubt my biggest regret is watching Mourinho piss all over the history and traditions of Manchester United.

Unread 14-05-2017, 10:48 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81
Without a doubt my biggest regret is watching Mourinho piss all over the history and traditions of Manchester United.

Unread 14-05-2017, 10:51 PM
AK14

Quote:
Where, when and how?

Unread 14-05-2017, 10:51 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Get it in his eyes?

Unread 14-05-2017, 11:26 PM
gav81

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Where, when and how?
Are you joking, in denial or just not very observant?

On the football pitch, this season and with his negative, defensive, anti-football. He's so obsessed with trying not to lose games he actually forgets to try to win them. Anyone can see that from our recent performances against City, Arsenal and Tottenham. All we do is defend and try to counter attack. It's not a tactic in and of itself, it just hands the attacking initiative to the opposition.

There's a reason we have only scored one goal against the five teams above us away from home. There is a reason we have scored far less goals than the rest of the top seven teams. There is a reason there have been less overall goals (for and against) in games involving United than any other team in the Premier League except Middlesbrough.

What happened to duty to entertain? What happened to blood and guts, having a go and taking every game to the opponent that United were known for? Our attitude is so far from what it was under Ferguson I don't £#%&!ing recognise us. And that fills me with regret.

Unread 14-05-2017, 11:28 PM
AK14

Quote:

On the football pitch, this season and with his negative, defensive, anti-football. He's so obsessed with trying not to lose games he actually forgets to try to win them. Anyone can see that from our recent performances against City, Arsenal and Tottenham. All we do is defend and try to counter attack. It's not a tactic in and of itself, it just hands the attacking initiative to the opposition.

There's a reason we have only scored one goal against the five teams above us away from home. There is a reason we have scored far less goals than the rest of the top seven teams. There is a reason there have been less overall goals (for and against) in games involving United than any other team in the Premier League except Middlesbrough.

What happened to duty to entertain? What happened to blood and guts, having a go and taking every game to the opponent that United were known for? We're so far from what we were under Ferguson I don't £#%&!ing recognise us. And that fills me with regret.
There's your problem...

This isn't the same United and hasn't been since the big man left.

Unread 14-05-2017, 11:29 PM
Drexl

Quote:
There's a reason . There is a reason There is a reason

What happened to What happened to

We're so far from

Unread 14-05-2017, 11:42 PM
gav81

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
There's your problem...

This isn't the same United and hasn't been since the big man left.
You're right, it is my problem, and it's United's problem. No one except me has a problem with United throwing out a way of playing that made us the biggest club in the world and brought great success and entertainment for 20 years? We're all content to be a shit, defensive, Chelsea 2.0 under Mourinho? Nah, £#%&! that, United are so much better than that.

Unread 14-05-2017, 11:48 PM
Drexl

Quote:
it is my problem, it's United's problem No one except me has a problem Nah, £#%&! that, United are so much better than that.

Unread 15-05-2017, 01:29 AM
AK14

Quote:
You're right, it is my problem, and it's United's problem. No one except me has a problem with United throwing out a way of playing that made us the biggest club in the world and brought great success and entertainment for 20 years? We're all content to be a shit, defensive, Chelsea 2.0 under Mourinho? Nah, £#%&! that, United are so much better than that.
We weren't great shakes under the previous two managers either....

Point being Mourinho is working with what he's got, if it's still like it come the end of his second season then fair enough.

Unread 15-05-2017, 02:43 AM
Part 36 Offer

The draws and negative tactics

Unread 15-05-2017, 02:57 AM
shenwen

What was it, four central defenders on the pitch at one point?

Didn't expect that level of negativity.

Before Christmas Mou seemed to be getting into the attacking spirit, lots of soundbites for media, etc. Then he went all safety first.

Unread 15-05-2017, 03:47 AM
Crumps

Dodgy finishing causing draws has been the bane of this season. Would have challenged for the title it was better.

Gav is gonna look ridiculous in the near future. Will he have the balls to admit he was wrong or carry on making a @#%&! of herself?

Unread 15-05-2017, 07:56 AM
sa7

Chris Smalling's continuing insistence on looking right, left and right again before stepping into the road

Unread 15-05-2017, 08:16 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:

What happened to duty to entertain? What happened to blood and guts, having a go and taking every game to the opponent that United were known for? Our attitude is so far from what it was under Ferguson I don't £#%&!ing recognise us. And that fills me with regret.

Unread 15-05-2017, 08:20 AM
Sapien

Secretly not even being all that disgusted any more when Fellaini starts given the lack of alternatives.

Unread 15-05-2017, 10:46 AM
gav81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Dodgy finishing causing draws has been the bane of this season. Would have challenged for the title it was better.

Gav is gonna look ridiculous in the near future. Will he have the balls to admit he was wrong or carry on making a c*** of herself?
I might be a c*** but at least I'm honest about our problems. And you don't seem to appreciate that I'm already right - the negativity, lack of goals and poor season have happened.

Mourinho's negative approach goes far beyond a bit of dodgy finishing. Don't forget we've also scored some from positions where we perhaps wouldn't be expected to which balances it out to an extent - Rooney's equaliser at Stoke for one example. If we look at our expected goals based on the quality of shots we've taken then we're only 4 goals worse off than we should be, which wouldn't change a whole lot. I can link to the stats if you like.

The season didn't have to be like this, we didn't have to hire a two time Chelsea reject, known throughout his career for anti-football, whose past success has come off the back of teams already on an upward trajectory and high on confidence. That's not what United need, not this season or ever.

What we need is a manager to come in and send shockwaves through the club, raise expectations, immediately give the players belief and lift their game, restore the blood and guts, relentless, take the game to the opponent, have a go, exciting, attacking, Manchester United that we were under Ferguson.

Instead we waste the attacking players' talents in a quest to be Chelsea 2.0. I find that difficult to accept.

Unread 15-05-2017, 10:48 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:

gav couldnt post a more gav type post if he tried

what a @#%&!

Unread 15-05-2017, 10:53 AM
Fish

Quote:
I might be a c*** but at least I'm honest about our problems. And you don't seem to appreciate that I'm already right - the negativity, lack of goals and poor season have happened.

Mourinho's negative approach goes far beyond a bit of dodgy finishing. Don't forget we've also scored some from positions where we perhaps wouldn't be expected to which balances it out to an extent - Rooney's equaliser at Stoke for one example. If we look at our expected goals based on the quality of shots we've taken then we're only 4 goals worse off than we should be, which wouldn't change a whole lot. I can link to the stats if you like.

The season didn't have to be like this, we didn't have to hire a two time Chelsea reject, known throughout his career for anti-football, whose past success has come off the back of teams already on an upward trajectory and high on confidence. That's not what United need, not this season or ever.

What we need is a manager to come in and send shockwaves through the club, raise expectations, immediately give the players belief and lift their game, restore the blood and guts, relentless, take the game to the opponent, have a go, Manchester United that we were under Ferguson.

Instead we waste the attacking players' talents in a quest to be Chelsea 2.0. I find that difficult to accept.

Can you imagine the stick lvg or Moyes would of got for saying-doing some of the things Jose has got away with? ''Semi against Celta the biggest game in our history'' Throwing players under a bus publically jones smalling shaw. Making a point of clapping away fans at OT but not our own fans... his miserable negative tactics and demeanour. For some reason Jose seems Teflon, at the moment
Closed Thread