United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Crumps

Still amazes that when people talk about Stam and his leaving they fail to mention we was caught and proven as a drugs cheat a couple of months after he left United. Easier to have a dig at Fergie and defend St Jaap when ommitting that fact though I suppose.

Unread 07-02-2007, 06:36 PM
£#%&! KFC

don't worry I'll give you a shout tomorrow after you've seen the quotes

Unread 07-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Having been at the game last night it's becoming easy to see why Ronaldo would want to leave this country behind. A friendly international match, which has nothing to do with England or English football, and he still has to put up with all that shit.

I don't care how thick-skinned he is or how much he or others say it inspires him - it can't be much fun being so universally hated. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if it was just the Liverpool fans, or just the Arsenal fans, but it's everyone in this country other than United fans.

Imagine the attraction of going to Spain (a culture he's more comfortable in anyway) and being able to start afresh, not having to put up with all this bile every time he sets foot on the pitch, and being treated like a normal human being.

Hopefully we'll win the league and he'll give it one more year, by which time it will all have died down.

To be honest, its a bit of booing ffs. It's not like he's being chased by angry lynch mobs everytime he leaves the house is it? And he's paid £50,000 a week to put up with 90 mins of booing week. Fair trade if you ask me.

With Beckham, booing him was the 'in-vogue' thing to do, just as it is with Ronaldo now. It'll die down just as it did with Becks after a year or so. It gets to the point in games now where they can't even be arsed booing him when he's playing so well.

Unread 07-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
To be honest, its a bit of booing ffs. It's not like he's being chased by angry lynch mobs everytime he leaves the house is it? And he's paid £50,000 a week to put up with 90 mins of booing week. Fair trade if you ask me.

With Beckham, booing him was the 'in-vogue' thing to do, just as it is with Ronaldo now. It'll die down just as it did with Becks after a year or so. It gets to the point in games now where they can't even be arsed booing him when he's playing so well.
I heard he got a standing ovation when he went off.

Unread 07-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Fountz

Default Too right !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
Easier to have a dig at Fergie.
Disgraceful episode..

The day Fergie's ego well and truely took over..

I was having doubts before, but that was the final nail..

Haven't trusted him since..

Unread 07-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Disgraceful episode..

The day Fergie's ego well and truely took over..

I was having doubts before, but that was the final nail..

Haven't trusted him since..
You honestly think Jaap's testing positive for nandrolone and Fergie £#%&!ing him off were a coincidence?

Unread 07-02-2007, 06:51 PM
£#%&! KFC

exactly...anyway let's hope Ronaldo answers the booing the same way Beckham did in 1998/99 with the Treble , although he's already done that to be fair he's been even better this season than Beckham was in that season and that takes a bit of doing

Unread 07-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
You honestly think Jaap's testing positive for nandrolone and Fergie £#%&!ing him off were a coincidence?
No idea whether they were or not.. I think the evidence would point more at him having dabbled once he got to Italy seeing as other high-profile Serie A players were rumbled at the same time..

If that was the case he should've stuck by him.. rather than replacing him that younger fitter and up and coming centre half Laurent Blanc.

Lets not get too clever about all this.. up until the emergence of Vidic he could've walked straight back into our team..

Indeed we may be crying out for the likes of Stam, Keane and Pip when the pressure's well and truely on in a few weeks time..

Unread 07-02-2007, 06:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899

Like I say, hopefully it'll die down next season.

But I think when you consider that Ronaldo is from the Iberian culture, and even before all this admitted that he wants to end up there (in and environment more suited to him both in terms of football and lifestyle) we don't really need additional reasons to feel that he's had enough of English football. Beckham had plenty of reasons to stay, put up with it and try to turn it around. Ronaldo has every reason to make the move he's always planned early than he might have to save himself the hassle.

Unread 07-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Rhodzy

Ronaldo had the choice between us and Barca back in 2003 didn't he??

Unread 07-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Sparky***

I've always thought that we'd never see Ronaldo in his mid 20s at United. I still maintain that. I think by the time he's 25/26 he'll be at Barcelona or Real Madrid - and if he goes and it's for about £40,000,000 then good luck to him. I just prayed that we'd get at least 2-3 seasons of him at his best.

Unread 07-02-2007, 06:58 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
exactly...anyway let's hope Ronaldo answers the booing the same way Beckham did in 1998/99 with the Treble , although he's already done that to be fair he's been even better this season than Beckham was in that season and that takes a bit of doing
Abd when Phil was made a scapegoat in 2000, we won the League.

Unread 07-02-2007, 07:04 PM
£#%&! KFC

good ppoints Crumpsall, if Stam's drug taking had emerged when he was in a United shirt the FA would have £#%&!in shut us down!!

look at the way Ferdinand was treated, multiply that by 100 for Stam if he'd have been caught at United

I was gutted when he left but once again Ferguson was right

Unread 07-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Cantona's collar

The past few days has proved what utter £#%&!ing drivel the press print.

On Monday it was Scolari in a story that according to him was completely made up and then you had the "Torres says i prefer Arsenal to United" story which was followed by a piece where he makes no comment on Arsenal whatsoever.

The Ronaldo story is a total fabrication that is taken from an interview Ronaldo did with MUTV, Ronaldo was asked how much he thought he would improve in the next few years he replied something along the lines of "i don't concentrate on the future, i concentrate on today whether its training or a game, i have no idea where i will be in 6 months"

The press hate Fergie and what better way to get at him than to unsettle his biggest star

Unread 07-02-2007, 07:30 PM
£#%&! KFC

As opposed to an actual cheat... Step forward Christiano !

£#%&! off you silly @#%&!

Unread 07-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Rhodzy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar

On Monday it was Scolari in a story that according to him was completely made up and then you had the "Torres says i prefer Arsenal to United" story which was followed by a piece where he makes no comment on Arsenal whatsoever.

The Ronaldo story is a total fabrication that is taken from an interview Ronaldo did with MUTV, Ronaldo was asked how much he thought he would improve in the next few years he replied something along the lines of "i don't concentrate on the future, i concentrate on today whether its training or a game, i have no idea where i will be in 6 months"

The press hate Fergie and what better way to get at him than to unsettle his biggest star
Great post.

Unread 07-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
As opposed to an actual cheat... Step forward Christiano !

Yep, just like we stood by Eric and Rio

Hmmm not so sure about that.. I think he's had a fare bit of success at Milan !
1, You silly silly @#%&! and that's all the comment that needs.
2, Completely different things on which we were screwed over on by the FA any player caught using a performance enahnching substance should be banned from their respective sport for life imo.
3, Go on then tell me what he won.

Unread 07-02-2007, 07:52 PM
£#%&! KFC

having checked his other posts he's a very poor WUM mate just ignore the #@&%!

Unread 07-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Crumps

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
having checked his other posts he's a very poor WUM mate just ignore the #@&%!
Another one for the ignore list then.

Unread 07-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar

Quality - must give it to the hacks, they're very creative.
Closed Thread