United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:44 PM
Big Norm

Just back from the game and would like to point out a couple of things I hadn't grasped by just watching on the telly.

1. Pogba tonight. Got the ball and looked up for some movement to pass towards. It was either shit or non existent. Might be worth keeping him if we can improve that area of our game.

2. De Gea. As above, ridiculously static.

3. Young. Even worse than I thought.

4. Lukaku. Same as Young.

5. Ole. Support from the stands absolutely unwavering.

6. Got the tram from the airport so went through Wythenshaw for the first time in my life. Made Belfast look like Monte Carlo.

That is all. Thanks.

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:45 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Cut him some slack. The guy rarely plays. He has no match sharpness so did alright given the circumstances. The team did alright but there is just no confidence.
So he’s forgotten about off the ball runs then? Fair enough.

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:47 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Everton's defence isn't City's.

We're crying out for a midfielder who can open up defences - plenty of pace and running in the side - an Eriksson type player would make a huge difference.
Only if he was one of 5 other signings.

This team needs %@#$&!s

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:48 PM
Sparky***

"I'll bet city are sitting in that dressing room, can't believe how comfortable it was"

yep.

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:49 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
So he’s forgotten about off the ball runs then? Fair enough.
He wasn't a very good player when he played regularly. So he's going to be more dodgy wen he only gets picked once every ten games.

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:52 PM
Jack Duckworth

ole looks £#%&!ed. he looks like Pop has photoshopped his eyes.

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:53 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Looks like he's not slept for weeks

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
Yep, said it on another thread he looks like he’s aged 10 years in 6 weeks

Really feel for the guy. Would absolutely £#%&!ing love to see him succeed here.

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:01 PM
utd99

I mean all these people criticizing him, what what he supposed to do? It was clear that all we were going to be able to do was stymie them with work rate, we simply don’t have the quality they have. That worked for as long as our legs held out, but once we ran out of steam it was a stroll for them.

Solskjaer is having to field inferior players who aren’t as fit as the opposition and have been out run by opponents for five straight seasons; he has no choice. What the £#%&! is he supposed to do if players bought by Mourinho can’t pass a ball five yards without giving it away or run hard for 90 minutes? Seriously, I’d like to know what he’s supposed to do.

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:03 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
I mean all these people criticizing him, what what he supposed to do? It was clear that all we were going to be able to do was stymie them with work rate, we simply don’t have the quality they have. That worked for as long as our legs held out, but once we ran out of steam it was a stroll for them.

Solskjaer is having to field inferior players who aren’t as fit as the opposition and have been out run by opponents for five straight seasons; he has no choice. What the £#%&! is he supposed to do if players bought by Mourinho can’t pass a ball five yards without giving it away or run hard for 90 minutes? Seriously, I’d like to know what he’s supposed to do.
He could drop Ashley Young from the squad altogether for a start.

Abysmal player yet Ole has him as captain

He's also setting out negatively which plays into City's hands. Go and attack them at least. Give the young players a chance.

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:03 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

just what exactly are you asking us, pal?

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:04 PM
ZiggyStardust

Didn’t watch but expected result

Persume we huffed and puffed without ever really looking like we’d score
The team at the moment don’t seem to have a clue what they are meant to do when we have the ball

God this season can’t end soon enough

Will judge Ole next season but it’s not looking good is it
If I don’t see a consistent selection and formation with clear structure to how we’re playing early into next season then I really will lose any belief I have in Ole being the man to right this sinking ship

Need to see far better coaching than what we’re seeing at the moment

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:04 PM
The Stella Fella

Keane reckons a whole new back 4/5 - Shaw not up to it - young playing out of position and 2 centre halves.......

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:05 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
He wasn't a very good player when he played regularly. So he's going to be more dodgy wen he only gets picked once every ten games.
I agree, so it’s van Gaal’s fault for buying yet another shit player, and Woodward’s fault for not moving the drip on. Solskjaer has a finite number of players to choose from; we all know they’re not good enough so what is he supposed to do? People calling for him to get fired Calling it a mistake already £#%&!ing hell, what’s happened to us?

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:06 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle

He's also setting out negatively which plays into City's hands. Go and attack them at least. Give the young players a chance.
That's possibly the most worrying thing. He's shown no inclination to drop absolute shite like Smalling and Young despite it being clear to anyone with half a brain that they are nowhere near the requisite quality.

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:07 PM
utd99

Quote:

With two players, one of whom hasn’t scored since February and the other who hasn’t scored since December. It’s not like we’re choosing between Kane and Son here. What do you do when any player you have to pick from has some level of ‘not good enough’ about them? Do you think that fact is lost on him?

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:08 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
That's possibly the most worrying thing. He's shown no inclination to drop absolute shite like Smalling and Young despite it being clear to anyone with half a brain that they are nowhere near the requisite quality.
And as hired the equivalent (Phelan) onto the coaching staff

Just the nous you need when transitioning from the Norwegian league to the top of football ... Mike Phelan

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:09 PM
utd99

Quote:
just what exactly are you asking us, pal?
I can’t believe what I’m reading tbh Jack. The usual suspects are already jumping all over the guy. Have they not been paying any attention to the last six years?

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Smalling is the best CB at the club that isn’t Lindelof.

Young was installed as de facto RB and captain by one J. Mourinho, and the alternatives are few and far between for both roles.

Truth be told, would’ve loved him to £#%&! Young off and stick Dalot in full time, but could easily have been an utter disaster for the lad long term.

atticusgrinch

Quote:
And as hired the equivalent (Phelan) onto the coaching staff

Just the nous you need when transitioning from the Norwegian league to the top of football ... Mike Phelan
It'd be funny... if it was happening to someone else.