United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 02-01-2020, 07:51 PM
TravellingRed

Default Sea Fishing

Went out for my first sea fishing outing of the year today on Blackpool front, the Gynn Wall to be exact. Was absolutely horrible; waves crashing over the wall, windy, then started lashing it down. The tide was pulling my line that hard it kept tipping my tripod over so I had to stand over it and could only have one rod set up. Not one bite. Lasted about an hour and half

The coastguard helicopter and lifeboat were out as well as someone is suspected lost at sea from behind the sandcastle.

Any other fans of this usually wonderfully sport?

Unread 02-01-2020, 07:52 PM
waynes ear's

Sport

Unread 02-01-2020, 07:54 PM
AK14

Unread 02-01-2020, 07:56 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Unread 02-01-2020, 07:56 PM
TravellingRed

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Sport

Britain's biggest participation sport. Takes skill, upper body strength, guile and patience

Unread 02-01-2020, 07:57 PM
waynes ear's

Ok mate. Enjoy

Unread 02-01-2020, 08:36 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
Went out for my first sea fishing outing of the year today on Blackpool front, the Gynn Wall to be exact. Was absolutely horrible; waves crashing over the wall, windy, then started lashing it down. The tide was pulling my line that hard it kept tipping my tripod over so I had to stand over it and could only have one rod set up. Not one bite. Lasted about an hour and half

The coastguard helicopter and lifeboat were out as well as someone is suspected lost at sea from behind the sandcastle.

always wanted to do it, but despite previously living in blackpool for years, never have.

i've got a mate who has a boat and goes out a lot. looks lovely in the summer, not sure i'd fancy it at this time of year though.

Unread 02-01-2020, 08:43 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
always wanted to do it, but despite previously living in blackpool for years, never have.

i've got a mate who has a boat and goes out a lot. looks lovely in the summer, not sure i'd fancy it at this time of year though.
I go out from Fleetwood now and again boat fishing, you catch a lot more and bigger fish. Not this time of year though, too rough.

Shore fishing can be nice this time of year, it's quite refreshing. Had a few decent cod off blackpool recently and a good few whiting.

Unread 02-01-2020, 08:48 PM
Fat Al

Quote:

Used to do it years back. Mate of mine had his own boat. Primarily fished off the N Wales coast. Did do a few charter trips down Minehead way.

It was pretty good TBH, as long as the weather was fine.
Get out to sea, drop the anchor, start on the #cans & enjoy the peace & quiet.
Sometimes we even caught fish.

Unread 02-01-2020, 08:48 PM
naes_sean

Quote:

I go fishing off the coast of Florida twice a year. Sunny skies, warm air, cans on deck. Love it