United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 01-03-2023, 04:30 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Perpetual also-rans ffs. It’s been ten years since our last league title, 6 since our last European trophy, and 15 since our last European Cup. There’s supporters of clubs up and down the country who would kill for that. Unfortunately our success has had the result of making some of our fans incredibly spoilt and entitled.
it's not spoilt to expect united to be more successful than the average team. it's not down to some divine right. and it's not all about money. it's about the club having the right ethos (historically) and clear advantages over other clubs in terms of finances, profile, traditions, etc. there is no question that the glazer ownership has put a brake on sustained success, even if there is no guarantee of trophies. they are despicable carpetbaggers. we shouldn't have to put up with carpetbaggers or sportswashers.

Unread 01-03-2023, 04:30 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I didn’t say you did I agree with everything you’ve said.
Sorry yeah I know you didn’t, I should have worded that first bit differently

Unread 01-03-2023, 04:48 PM
Dr Stranger

This season has shown we have struck gold with a manager. That doesn’t absolve the Glazers from overseeing a shitshow for ten years.

Yes, we’ve spent money badly. But we’ve spent it badly because there’s no plan, no right people in place. Just people who keep the money coming in. We have owners who have no interest in the club being successful (at least not being the best - as long as the money keeps coming in) and have no ambition other than lining their pockets. The ground has been the neglected. The training ground has been neglected. It’s not just about what they’ve spent (which isn’t even their money) and how we spent it.

We could and should have done better with the money we’ve spent, but the fact we haven’t comes down to being poorly run by the people who own the club.

Unread 01-03-2023, 06:56 PM
erictheking7

History shows that when Glazer’s MUFC have qualified for the Champions league, no significant signings follow.

Unread 01-03-2023, 07:19 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheking7
History shows that when Glazer’s MUFC have qualified for the Champions league, no significant signings follow.
But that was before Joel pledged to listen to us.

Unread 01-03-2023, 07:50 PM
tatty

Stockholm Syndrome going on with some posters

Unread 01-03-2023, 08:01 PM
magic_cantona

Imagine Qatar don't get us and then move back to Liverpool?

So that'd be City, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea all with unlimited funds, maxed out facilities, great community projects etc and we'd be left with the Glazers and friends who'll just carry on rinsing the club until we're absolutely ruined.

It's absolutely repulsive that the Glazers are now saying how "utterly devoted" they are to United because we've stumbled onto a good thing and they think it'll bring them more cash. If they're that devoted - clear the £#%&!ing debt and sort the stadium out. I'm genuinely staggered that Qatar coming in is more galling to some than us being left behind and becoming Everton (without the new stadium). EtH can only do so much.

Unread 01-03-2023, 08:22 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Imagine Qatar don't get us and then move back to Liverpool?
Yeah but imagine how sweet the tweets will be calling them sports washers

Unread 01-03-2023, 08:24 PM
Ethers

We all have our own way of looking at things don’t we. Personally, I’m absolutely baffled at some people basing their decision on the possibility of the Qataris going to Liverpool instead. It’s essentially saying that stopping Liverpool potentially being successful is more important than what’s best for United and United fans.

Unread 01-03-2023, 08:56 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
We all have our own way of looking at things don’t we. Personally, I’m absolutely baffled at some people basing their decision on the possibility of the Qataris going to Liverpool instead. It’s essentially saying that stopping Liverpool potentially being successful is more important than what’s best for United and United fans.
It's absolutely not that. It's not about just Liverpool - it's about football in its entirety. Do you want United to become also rans and never in a with a shout when everyone else's house is in order, but you can claim the moral high ground? It's not ideal, it's not what I'd choose but I want us to be financially sound and successful.

Unread 01-03-2023, 09:14 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
It's absolutely not that. It's not about just Liverpool - it's about football in its entirety. Do you want United to become also rans and never in a with a shout when everyone else's house is in order, but you can claim the moral high ground? It's not ideal, it's not what I'd choose but I want us to be financially sound and successful.
Absolutely this. If you're happy sat there like we have for the last decade hoping that someone else other than Liverpool and City win the title and we can't do a thing about it, stick with what we've got. The Glazers cannot afford to bankroll any more decent transfer windows because they're too busy trying to take money out of the club.

They've got delusions of adequacy thinking they can build a new stadium or improve this one.

Unread 03-03-2023, 05:47 PM
AK14

Our ownership talked about on the overlap

Neville saying he’s getting concerned they might actually stay.

Some other fella goes on about a philosopher from the 18th century.

Unread 03-03-2023, 07:53 PM
dunk

Unread 03-03-2023, 08:13 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
https://youtu.be/CsVG4GpL3Xs

Our ownership talked about on the overlap

Neville saying he’s getting concerned they might actually stay.

Some other fella goes on about a philosopher from the 18th century.
I just can’t see them staying if they can extract top dollar. They wouldn’t start that process without some commitment to sell assuming a certain level of value. What that level is could obviously be a problem.

But there’s no obvious additional significant income stream generation beyond cl qualification - just more investment needed in non value creating problems like stadiums, training facilities and interest costs which don’t really help.

How old are all the glazer kids? There's that to consider too.

My guess is that they’re pretty much done with united.

Unread 03-03-2023, 08:54 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I just can’t see them staying if they can extract top dollar. They wouldn’t start that process without some commitment to sell assuming a certain level of value. What that level is could obviously be a problem.

But there’s no obvious additional significant income stream generation beyond cl qualification - just more investment needed in non value creating problems like stadiums, training facilities and interest costs which don’t really help.

This is what they get every year and they now have the big dollar sign in their eyes because they will get a big payout all in one go. They are not happy will several millions every year. Sickening isn`t it!

The Glazer siblings together own approximately 131m shares, 80% of the total issued, according to a spokesman for the club. That means every three months, they will be paid $5.9m (£3.8m) in total. Annually, the payment of that dividend four times, each quarter, adds up to $23.6m (£15.2m) altogether to be paid to the Glazer siblings – $3.9m (£2.5m) each. per annum.

The decision to pay the dividend, the first since the Glazer family floated the club on the New York stock exchange in 2012, was, the company said, made by the board, on which all six of the Glazer siblings sit.

In a conference call with investors, United’s finance director, Hemen Tseayo, said the decision to pay a dividend was because of the club’s strong financial and commercial performance in 2014-15, and predictions of record income and underlying profits in 2016.

The regular £15m the Glazers are set to make from United every year follows a series of occasions on which they have made money since floating the club, which they bought in 2005 using debt that the club itself has been made to repay. The family made £75m selling a portion of their shares when they floated the club in 2012, then last summer sold a further 12m shares for $17 each – making another $200m (£129m). In December, one of the Glazer brothers, Edward, announced the sale of 3m of his shares, for a price that was expected to fetch him $45m (£29m).

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:20 PM
Danoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

There is the new World Cup for clubs which will start in the next few years. That will undoubtedly become a big deal with huge rewards for those taking part and the winners.

It’s the one starting in 2025 with 32 clubs.

I’m not convinced they will go, I think it’s 50/50

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:20 PM
Sparky***

Sounds like they're going through an awfully long, protracted process if they're not willing to sell.

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:22 PM
Danoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Sounds like they're going through an awfully long, protracted process if they're not willing to sell.
I’m sure they will sell….if the price is right, but what is that price?

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:22 PM
dunk

They don't want to seem too eager to sell. They can't afford to own us anymore, simple as that. They'll push for £6bn for as long as possible and end up settling for less.

What is the most likely outcome is that it drags on for £#%&!ing months and £#%&!s any chance of us strengthening effectively in the summer.

Unread 03-03-2023, 10:25 PM
Danoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They don't want to seem too eager to sell. They can't afford to own us anymore, simple as that. They'll push for £6bn for as long as possible and end up settling for less.

What is the most likely outcome is that it drags on for £#%&!ing months and £#%&!s any chance of us strengthening effectively in the summer.
I’m not convinced they can’t afford to own us.

Why do you think that is the case?