United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 30-06-2020, 10:39 AM
windy waffles

Little Fires Everywhere.

Series on Amazon with Reece Witherspoon and Kerry Washington.

Reece Witherspoon playing the same role she always does (rich, soccer mom) who hires Kerry Washington to be her house maid and their lives unravel.

Really enjoyed it but the ending pissed me off - a lot like most shows nowadays.

Would recommend.

Unread 02-07-2020, 07:57 AM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
You’re right. Three was way too simple

It’s not a spoiler btw. It has nothing to do with series 2. It seems to be an add on for S3 (my guess is that their are looking for a way to provide a final resolution) and is introduced at the very beginning.

I’ve normally had a smoke or two when watching. It really, really doesn’t help. Five minutes in my head trying to work out the implications of one time travel bit and I’ve now missed another plot point.

Someone got murdered in E2 and I genuinely asked myself “who the f*** was that?”
Finished it last night. S3 Ep 7 has the dates of where they are which helped me after Ep 6 which was a complete head f***. Thought they ended it very well unlike most shows nowadays. Almost certainly another season coming too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers View Post
Anyone watching I May Destroy You?

Just watched the first three episodes and really enjoyed it. Girl in Hackney has a mad night out and thinks she’s been spiked. It goes all over the place from there. Recommended so far.
Gonna give this a go.

Unread 02-07-2020, 08:15 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey View Post
Finished it last night. S3 Ep 7 has the dates of where they are which helped me after Ep 6 which was a complete head f***. Thought they ended it very well unlike most shows nowadays. Almost certainly another season coming too.

That was the last season I’m afraid they’d had it planned since the beginning.

Unread 02-07-2020, 08:15 AM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
That was the last season I’m afraid they’d had it planned since the beginning.
c***s!

Unread 02-07-2020, 10:07 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey View Post
Finished it last night. S3 Ep 7 has the dates of where they are which helped me after Ep 6 which was a complete head f***.
Not at that stage yet but they have definitely put more effort in s3 to help identify who is who. Problem now is that I recognise use who is who over the time periods but can barely remember any of their stories

The Chi is also back for S3. A good under the radar show. Good start except one of the main characters has been written out. Thought I was going crazy because I couldn’t remember how he died. Turns out he’s been booted off the show for sexual misconduct

Unread 02-07-2020, 01:43 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles View Post
Little Fires Everywhere.

Series on Amazon with Reece Witherspoon and Kerry Washington.

Reece Witherspoon playing the same role she always does (rich, soccer mom) who hires Kerry Washington to be her house maid and their lives unravel.

Really enjoyed it but the ending pissed me off - a lot like most shows nowadays.

Would recommend.
Would love a go on Reece Witherspoon, tbf.

Unread 02-07-2020, 01:46 PM
guerreiro

Just done the first 2 series of Bosch. Quite like it, but not really buying that Bosch is a hard man and his gait really annoys me, like someone who is really crap at sport.

Unread 02-07-2020, 02:03 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Just done the first 2 series of Bosch. Quite like it, but not really buying that Bosch is a hard man and his gait really annoys me, like someone who is really crap at sport.
Wasn't he supposed to have been injured "during the war"?

Unread 02-07-2020, 02:26 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
He's the same in every season. I gave up after the third.

Unread 02-07-2020, 03:34 PM
dunk

Just watched After Life season 2.. not sure tbh. Moments I enjoyed, characters I quite like, but it all felt a bit forced and manipulative, but not in a subtle way. The thing with the nurse pissed me off too. Meh.