Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-08-2022, 01:31 PM
no fun

Default Bobby and George at loggerheads…..good article

https://www.theguardian.com/football...chester-united

Unread 10-08-2022, 02:11 PM
tatty

Conflict between personality is as old as man.

I believe can tell a lot about someone’s personality just by looking at who they support. Not on this thread

I am almost sure, for example, that I would not get on with anyone who thought Pogba was anything other than a shameful example of modern entitlement and superficial attention seeking.

Unread 10-08-2022, 02:28 PM
Joe Biden

Rarely say this out loud, never been a fan of Sir Bobby Charlton. Met him twice and he didn't seem like a pleasant fella at all.

Best on the other hand I absolutely adore. A legitimate £#%&!ing genius.

Unread 10-08-2022, 03:05 PM
Seamus

I wonder if Bobby still has that potting shed

Unread 10-08-2022, 03:07 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
I wonder if Bobby still has that potting shed
Good old B1G3Y3S

Unread 10-08-2022, 03:10 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Sir Bobby Charlton is the greatest player in the history of Manchester United.

George Best is the most naturally talented footballer to have played for Manchester United.

Both are Ballon d'Or European Cup winners with statues outside Old Trafford.

Nowadays we have Harry Maguire and Marcus Rashford at loggerheads.

Makes you think.

Unread 10-08-2022, 03:13 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Nowadays we have Harry Maguire and Marcus Rashford at loggerheads.

Makes you think.
Imagine combining the talents of both.

Harcus Mashford.

Unread 11-08-2022, 09:11 AM
Buck

Some things never change.

Quote:
“I represented the future of Manchester United – or should have done,” Best acknowledged. “Charlton represented the past.” That was not simply about age; it was also about attitude. Best once said that he was “grateful” to have been born in 1946 and not 1926. “We don’t have to stick rigidly to the short back and sides and wear-your-club-blazer-at-all-times routine of the past,” he said.

But those were the values of Bobby, who had been born in 1937. “It’s a great pity,” he said in 1967, taking a despairing look at the youth revolution, “that young people today seem to shy away from close relationships with their elders because it’s part of a ‘square’ conception of life. So many young people on the ‘scene’ have the attitude that nearly everything and ordinary people are ‘sick’. They behave as if the peak of senility is reached at the age of 25 and they must wring every drop out of life by then whether they offend other people or not.”

Unread 11-08-2022, 09:26 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Imagine combining the talents of both.

Harcus Mashford.
You'd get Manucho?
Closed Thread