United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-08-2022, 09:59 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
That's the point though isn't it you daft bastard. The subs were made too late to have any impact.
I mean in the grand scheme of things, it’s not a big deal. If he had made them in 80 mins, that would have better….but the bigger concern was being £#%&!ing 2-1 down to Brighton in the first place. We’d lost any momentum we built after the goal by that point.

Unread 10-08-2022, 10:02 AM
Dasilvatwins

One game in and this is a thread

never mind 9 years of Board mismanagement or 4 years of players who everybody could see are not good enough, are disruptive and have downed tools and showed general poor character towards more than one manager.

Unread 10-08-2022, 10:05 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio
Agree about Arnautavic. Totally inexcusable.

If, as reported, he never had a face to face meeting with Rangnick it's extreme naivety at best and misguided arrogance at worst.

His starting 11 on Sunday and subsequent subs were worrying.
Hopefully he'll learn quickly from the reality check he's now experiencing.
This.

But he needs time and we just have to hope he’s a miracle worker, because ain’t no way he’ll be backed fully with these clowns running the show and just like the ones before him he’ll eventually be thrown under the bus.

Unread 10-08-2022, 10:39 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
One game in and this is a thread

never mind 9 years of Board mismanagement or 4 years of players who everybody could see are not good enough, are disruptive and have downed tools and showed general poor character towards more than one manager.
It’s a thread to monitor how he is doing you #@&%! not suggesting he should be sacked.

Are we not allowed to discuss our own manager ffs?

Also it’s doesn’t matter if it’s one game,
If you had a son who had weight issues and was unhealthy and on the road to obesity so you hire a new nutritionist and brief him for months on what he needs to do and supply him with information on your son and then during their first session together you see them in McDonald’s you will raise your eyebrow.

ETH has was appointed in April/May and still started The Scottish Player i our midfield in august. That should raise anyone’s eyebrow. Roy Keane and Rio Ferdinand both said the same. He should not be in our squad.

If you are feeling high and mighty like the #@&%! that you are, ignore the thread.

Unread 10-08-2022, 10:51 AM
My Name is Heath

Marlo is literally on fire.

The Scottish Player is not fit to wear the shirt other than in the Caraboa Cup/FA Cup early round/Dead Euro rubbers as a back up to e.g. Fred in the zesty midfielder who just runs about role.

The Heineken-quaffing cue ball is showing that Dutch Mongy side who has an inferiority complex with the Germans in how he has dealt with RR.

RR knew the score but the Anne Frank murdering baldy is so arrogant he won't give him the time of day.

If I went into an oil company to do the budgets - I'd certainly be chatting to the person who did it before me. Huge arrogance from the Edam-chomping slaphead.

Unread 10-08-2022, 10:52 AM
atticusgrinch

He's got plenty of credit in the bank for identifying AWB isn't a footballer before he even got here. Not difficult sure, but a feat seemingly beyond one previous manager and a worrying swathe of fredsters.

He's already bought Shaw's replacement. He's trying to get a DM who can play football properly and another attacker.

I'm confident he knows what he's doing...

Unread 10-08-2022, 10:56 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
It’s a thread to monitor how he is doing you #@&%! not suggesting he should be sacked.

If you had a son who had weight issues and was unhealthy and on the road to obesity so you hire a new nutritionist and brief him for months on what he needs to do and supply him with information on your son and then during their first session together you see them in McDonald’s you will raise your eyebrow.

ETH has was appointed in April/May and still started The Scottish Player i our midfield in august. That should raise anyone’s eyebrow. Roy Keane and Rio Ferdinand both said the same. He should not be in our squad.

If you are feeling high and mighty like the #@&%! that you are, ignore the thread.

Unread 10-08-2022, 10:56 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Marlo is literally on fire.

The Scottish Player is not fit to wear the shirt other than in the Caraboa Cup/FA Cup early round/Dead Euro rubbers as a back up to e.g. Fred in the zesty midfielder who just runs about role.

The Heineken-quaffing cue ball is showing that Dutch Mongy side who has an inferiority complex with the Germans in how he has dealt with RR.

RR knew the score but the Anne Frank murdering baldy is so arrogant he won't give him the time of day.

If I went into an oil company to do the budgets - I'd certainly be chatting to the person who did it before me. Huge arrogance from the Edam-chomping slaphead.
Didn't even consider the Dutch v Deutsche angle. They have long memories in the Dutch countryside.

Unread 10-08-2022, 10:57 AM
silv

He's got Brentford to fix it, for me. And if not he's out.

Unread 10-08-2022, 10:57 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Unread 10-08-2022, 11:05 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

Did my post hurt your feelings? Calm down, you said yourself it’s a thread on the internet . I’m also discussing , saying it’s a bit early to call for criticism on him when there are all the other ongoing issues.

And yes, because raising the child is the same as managing a football club…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

I reckon he has been banned from Eating at McDonald’s and he’s still reeling .

Unread 10-08-2022, 11:05 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Nice analogy. But…what if that son had some mental health issues, let’s say mild autism and adhd, which fed into his weight issues and encouraged behavioural complexities that the nutritionist in question was seeking to tackle? And the route to tackling those issues is, I’m sure we can agree, not necessarily a straight linear path - indeed, part of the role will be to ensure that the boy can feel safe, secure and content - then perhaps that route vis a vis ergo ‘path’ may indeed lead to McDonald’s. Through a fast food restaurant, the nutritionist can present a welcoming friendly ‘I’m with you on this’ style position, gain trust and thereafter begin the process of embedding better behaviours and better choices. From there, the next meeting might be in a KFC in which the low fat options are considered and from there who knows, I imagine it wouldn’t be long before the kid was looking at plant based options at M&S Food.

Unread 10-08-2022, 11:08 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Nice analogy. But…what if that son had some mental health issues, let’s say mild autism and adhd, which fed into his weight issues and encouraged behavioural complexities that the nutritionist in question was seeking to tackle? And the route to tackling those issues is, I’m sure we can agree, not necessarily a straight linear path - indeed, part of the role will be to ensure that the boy can feel safe, secure and content - then perhaps that route vis a vis ergo ‘path’ may indeed lead to McDonald’s. Through a fast food restaurant, the nutritionist can present a welcoming friendly ‘I’m with you on this’ style position, gain trust and thereafter begin the process of embedding better behaviours and better choices. From there, the next meeting might be in a KFC in which the low fat options are considered and from there who knows, I imagine it wouldn’t be long before the kid was looking at plant based options at M&S Food.
Now you’re asking the real questions. The son could have been there to buy the nutritionist a happy meal as a thank you.

Unread 10-08-2022, 11:22 AM
NedKelly

Craving McDonalds now. Wish there were supermacs here.

Unread 10-08-2022, 11:24 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
indeed, part of the role will be to ensure that the boy can feel safe, secure and content.
Hope the kid wasn't at OT Saturday .. being held upside down while quaffing under the soft drinks dispenser at McDs would be the least of his worries

Unread 10-08-2022, 11:26 AM
AK14

The lad could have been having a grilled chicken wrap and halloumi fries after a tough gym session, Around 450-500 cals with a good amount of protein and well in his macros for the day. Seems like he made the right choice and marlo needs to get off the lads back imo.

The nutritionist is obviously teaching the poor fat lad that he doesn’t have to go without and can make good choices where ever he eats.

Unread 10-08-2022, 11:29 AM
Dasilvatwins

Personally I’m shocked that marlo can make a judgment on a person by just observing through a window at McDonald’s. The way he defends greenwood you’d like to think he can do the same.

Did you see the son actually eat food in McDonald’s? Innocent till proven guilty marlo . The nutritionist was probably doing it on purpose. Fattening the son up so he has a job for longer . Sad to see. Blame the nutritionist not the lad

Unread 10-08-2022, 11:34 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
The lad could have been having a grilled chicken wrap and halloumi fries after a tough gym session, Around 450-500 cals with a good amount of protein and well in his macros for the day. Seems like he made the right choice and marlo needs to get off the lads back imo.

The nutritionist is obviously teaching the poor fat lad that he doesn’t have to go without and can make good choices where ever he eats.
Erik ‘IIFYM’ Ten Hag

Unread 10-08-2022, 11:39 AM
dunk

Feels like an attempt at a mega-thread tbh. Not sure that’s the way forward.

Unread 10-08-2022, 11:40 AM
NedKelly

Anyway back to Erik - he wouldn’t be the first manager to be hoodwinked by a decent pre season. Iirc we looked the nuts under LVG in his first preseason in charge and I’m pretty sure within a few games of the season starting we’d been humiliated by Leicester and MK Dons.

2 things need to happen -
1) Erik must show he’s learning as he goes, a good start would be by dropping the Scottish player next game
2) we need to sign midfielders. Forwards and defenders can wait. It’s absolutely imperative we bring in midfielders asap - personally I think Rabiot will be an immediate improvement on what we already have.

Reckon he’ll resign by Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Feels like an attempt at a mega-thread tbh. Not sure that’s the way forward.
I think armchair encouraged him to make this thread.
Closed Thread