United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2022, 10:47 PM
marlo

Default ETH surveillance 22/23

a thread we can judge and bitch about our Dutch leader.

yes it’s early doors but he could be the real deal and he could a local champion bluffing his way though things

I’ll start.

arnautovic.
this is inexcusable.
with ronaldo wanted to leave and rashford not firing and martial unreliable and up until preseason was basically unwanted, why would we be in august signing a man playing in China who wasn’t good enough for United at his peak?
It feels like he is piecing together a team to win eredivisie not the premiership

the thing is ETH has a Dutch confidence you come across but i hope it’s not mixed with arrogance because maybe he hasn’t been taking the job as serious as he should.

if you’ve watched 10-15 games from us last season you know there’s no way on earth fred and The Scottish Player should be starting the season in midfield. an athletic interview said he started his home work back end of last season. Worrying but but nothing major.

I hope he isn’t underestimating our league or the job at hand.

Unread 09-08-2022, 11:14 PM
Street Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
a thread we can judge and b**** about our Dutch leader.

yes it’s early doors but he could be the real deal and he could a local champion bluffing his way though things

I’ll start.

arnautovic.
this is inexcusable.
with ronaldo wanted to leave and rashford not firing and martial unreliable and up until preseason was basically unwanted, why would we be in august signing a man playing in China who wasn’t good enough for United at his peak?
It feels like he is piecing together a team to win eredivisie not the premiership

the thing is ETH has a Dutch confidence you come across but i hope it’s not mixed with arrogance because maybe he hasn’t been taking the job as serious as he should.

if you’ve watched 10-15 games from us last season you know there’s no way on earth fred and The Scottish Player should be starting the season in midfield. an athletic interview said he started his home work back end of last season. Worrying but but nothing major.

I hope he isn’t underestimating our league or the job at hand.
Marlo has been pretty much on fire over the last few days!

Unread 09-08-2022, 11:16 PM
armchair

I think he's just realised that murtough had no intention of signing Frenkiie and is in full on panic.

Ralf seeing his number on his mobile and just hanging up.

Unread 09-08-2022, 11:28 PM
Neo

The "we want Fwenkie?" line followed by his nervous giggle at the last pre-match presser wasn't exactly Fergie-esque IMO.

Lack of substitutions at half-time against Brighton despite an utterly disgusting first 45 mins was surprising.

He is without doubt the best coach we could have appointed, but he's been £#%&!ed by the owners and idiots on the board this summer. Feel sorry for him.

Unread 09-08-2022, 11:35 PM
Hank Scorpio

Agree about Arnautavic. Totally inexcusable.

If, as reported, he never had a face to face meeting with Rangnick it's extreme naivety at best and misguided arrogance at worst.

His starting 11 on Sunday and subsequent subs were worrying.
Hopefully he'll learn quickly from the reality check he's now experiencing.

Unread 09-08-2022, 11:36 PM
armchair

He's obviously very naive. He probably fell for murtough telling him fdj was guaranteed.

My issue is him ever picking the scottish player, I'd prefer to lose with garner than the scottish player.

Unread 09-08-2022, 11:42 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Loves a big timepiece. At least 2 huge watches have done the rounds. Also seems a bit chippy in interviews over innocuous comments like him being a more decorate coach than he was player. Hopefully he's not over-compensating.

From a small part of Netherlands (not Holland as he says ..); wouldn't be the first ATG manager to come from humble rural beginnings. Hopefully the job isn't too big for him. Agree that he may have underestimated league .. certainly think he underestimated Brighton starting with Eriksen up top which was mental for his first fixture (ETH + Eriksen both).

Unread 09-08-2022, 11:46 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He's obviously very naive. He probably fell for murtough telling him fdj was guaranteed.

My issue is him ever picking the scottish player, I'd prefer to lose with garner than the scottish player.
Absolutely. Garner is clearly on a different level to The Scottish Player. Play him and let him prove it. Last thing we need now is a manager in self preservation mode like Ole who sticks to a core bunch of guaranteed starters who he thinks he can trust but have proven for ages now that they're just not ever going to be good enough.

It's as if he completely ignored the evidence of last season and a big chunk of the previous one.

Unread 09-08-2022, 11:51 PM
Chris Quayd

If McFred start most of our matches this season I’ll drive him to De Graafschap myself

Unread 10-08-2022, 04:51 AM
Vedder

He’s on fraud watch already imo. A few things worrying me, he has a £#%&!ing shambles above him though tbf

Unread 10-08-2022, 05:58 AM
Sapien

One game

The club is rotten and moribund. The owners don't give a shit and there is nobody in the management team that has a clue how to manage a football club. We appear to have no scouting team whatsoever. Every other club rightly sees us as a laughing stock and an easy mark. We have a distinctly average playing squad all on at least twice the wages they'd get anywhere else and so impossible to shift. We can't offer Champions League and have very little prospect of that changing any time in the near future.

The manager is almost irrelevant.

Unread 10-08-2022, 06:07 AM
flixton

For me the doubts started when he chose Maguire to be the captain. Once he's made the captain he's first name on the team sheet and slab head doesn't deserve that.

Unread 10-08-2022, 06:57 AM
puressence

£#%&! off

Unread 10-08-2022, 07:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Magician
Marlo has been pretty much on fire over the last few days!
If only…

Unread 10-08-2022, 07:10 AM
Joe Biden

Agree on the Scottish player. He's seen the guy up close and personal and still picked him. That's the only gripe I have so far.

Keeping maguire as captain as well actually.

Unread 10-08-2022, 07:22 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Can we make it a forum rule that we have to refer to him as the Scottish player at least on match days

I was expecting a mixed bag of results early doors anyway tbh - no way you can implement a totally new style of football in just a pre season. You can already see changes in the way we play, we just don’t have the personnel to do it well.

I hope (a deluded kind of hope) that Glazer and co. saw for themselves how poor we are on Sunday and maybe the penny finally dropped. Doubt it though.

It feels very bleak, supporting us these days

Unread 10-08-2022, 07:25 AM
Chorlton74

20/23

Unread 10-08-2022, 08:03 AM
wiganste

Thumbs up

I'm glad we're giving him a chance

Unread 10-08-2022, 08:05 AM
Dr Stranger

The Arnautovic thing is awful, but do we think for a moment he was on his wish list, or are we into the area of ‘him or nobody’. Same with Rabiot.

Predictably, the club has let him down already. Antony and FDJ seemingly topped his list and we’re getting neither. Great start.

Then the failure to sell anyone other than Perrerra, coupled with the Ronaldo bullshit just underlines how shockingly Ill-prepared as a club. We’re nowhere near ready for the season in terms of the make up of the squad and it’s absolutely staggering that we’re starting with McFred and there is no recognises orthodox or defensive midfielder signed.

What he is trying to implement is going to take time in the best of conditions, never mind our shit show.

And I’m not going to get bothered by the micro: 3 late subs. Who’s arsed? Every manager makes weird subs and it’s fair to say the damage was done by then. Small potatoes.

We’ve seen glimpses in friendlies and on Sunday in terms of what he is trying to, it’s just going to take a long time to implement and he’s starting from a shocking foundation. Nothing we didn’t know already.

We need a lot of patience.

Unread 10-08-2022, 08:32 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
The Arnautovic thing is awful, but do we think for a moment he was on his wish list, or are we into the area of ‘him or nobody’. Same with Rabiot.

Predictably, the club has let him down already. Antony and FDJ seemingly topped his list and we’re getting neither. Great start.

Then the failure to sell anyone other than Perrerra, coupled with the Ronaldo bullshit just underlines how shockingly Ill-prepared as a club. We’re nowhere near ready for the season in terms of the make up of the squad and it’s absolutely staggering that we’re starting with McFred and there is no recognises orthodox or defensive midfielder signed.

What he is trying to implement is going to take time in the best of conditions, never mind our shit show.

And I’m not going to get bothered by the micro: 3 late subs. Who’s arsed? Every manager makes weird subs and it’s fair to say the damage was done by then. Small potatoes.

We’ve seen glimpses in friendlies and on Sunday in terms of what he is trying to, it’s just going to take a long time to implement and he’s starting from a shocking foundation. Nothing we didn’t know already.

We need a lot of patience.
That's the point though isn't it you daft bastard. The subs were made too late to have any impact.
Closed Thread