Unread 09-08-2022, 09:35 PM
armchair

Default Guess who's back?

Unread 09-08-2022, 09:36 PM
dunk

I saw that in passing and just assumed someone was taking the piss

Unread 09-08-2022, 09:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Interesting, wonder who he has onboard.....

The big man

25.1%'rs

Unread 09-08-2022, 09:52 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
The greys, the nordics and the reptiliods.

This is written in the sumerian tablets.

On.

Unread 09-08-2022, 10:07 PM
Selhurst Samurai

The Red Knightons

Unread 09-08-2022, 10:12 PM
armchair

Default .

Is a hostile takeover even possible? The glazers own the majority of the shares, don't they?

A hostile takeover is when you make an offer that the board doesn't want but a majority of the shareholders do.

This guy is a chancer.

edit. they own 69%

Unread 09-08-2022, 10:18 PM
goonlooca

Did he, years ago, claim he'd been picked up by a UFO or something.
....or have I dreamt that?

Unread 09-08-2022, 10:24 PM
dunk

He’s a shister. Caused mayhem at Carlisle by all accounts.

Quote:
After a poor start to the 1997–98 season, Knighton dismissed popular manager Mervyn Day and took over the management and coaching of the team himself.[15] The move proved unsuccessful, and Carlisle were relegated back to Division Three. He kept himself as head coach until December 1998, when he handed the job over to Nigel Pearson. Knighton remained chairman of the club, but no longer had the financial resources to achieve another promotion. Carlisle struggled in the bottom division, only avoiding relegation to the Football Conference with a last-minute goal by goalkeeper Jimmy Glass, in what is one of football's most famous comebacks.[16]

Knighton became increasingly unpopular with fans, a group of whom formed an independent supporters' trust, known initially as CCUIST and today as The United Trust, to protest against his control and lobby for more fan involvement in the club. Brooks Mileson twice attempted to buy Knighton's stake in Carlisle, in 1999 and 2001, but the two were unable to reach an agreement.[17] Irishman John Courtenay was later backed to take over, but negotiations were protracted and Knighton fired manager Roddy Collins for his comments over the deal. Eventually, after Carlisle were put into voluntary administration, Courtenay purchased the club from Knighton in July 2002 and reinstated Collins.[18]
From wiki

Still preferable to the Glazer’s, I suppose.

100 potential buyers there were for Chelsea at £3bn or whatever it was. Surely some £#%&!er fancies buying us ffs this all feels like a continuous sick joke

Unread 09-08-2022, 10:25 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonlooca
I do vaguely recollect a very odd/bizarre story about him in the news. Not sure it was that.

Unread 09-08-2022, 10:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I do vaguely recollect a very odd/bizarre story about him in the news. Not sure it was that.
Quote:
In 1996, Knighton threatened to sue the local newspaper, the Evening News and Star, and resign from the football club after being "publicly humiliated" over claims he and his wife Rosemary had seen a UFO in 1976
Wiki is ace this bloke is an absolute fruit loop..

Quote:
Knighton is now retired from football and currently spends his time painting, sculpting and writing poetry.[20]

In 2008, Knighton exhibited some of his artworks, a mix of sculpture and painting, at King's College Chapel in Cambridge. The work consisted of three contrasting depictions of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. At the time, Knighton used the pseudonym and near-anagram of his name "Kongthin Pearlmich",[21] as he did not want to attach his past links with his football career.
Kongthin Pearlmich ffs

Unread 09-08-2022, 10:30 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonlooca
Where do you think he's getting the rare interstellar minerals for this bid from?

Unread 09-08-2022, 10:33 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Last I heard he was making pottery now he's launching "hostile takeovers" against majority-owners. How times change.

Unread 09-08-2022, 10:34 PM
goonlooca

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Kongthin Pearlmich ffs

Unread 09-08-2022, 10:34 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Kongthin Pearlmich ffs
Sounds like he could do a job in midfield

Unread 09-08-2022, 10:35 PM
ZiggyStardust

I bet there’s lads on here who have more net worth than this joker

Unread 09-08-2022, 10:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

The big man

25.1%'rs
Jack and his magic £#%&!ing beans

Unread 09-08-2022, 10:46 PM
armchair

People are so stupid. No wonder the Glazers were able to take over.

Unread 09-08-2022, 11:36 PM
avocado

Quote:

The big man

25.1%'rs
That was his problem last time around. Did a deal in principle but couldn’t raise the money to complete. Touted it around to a number of people who could afford it (was ridicuously cheap back then, a bit like the original bitcoin pizza deal) but no-one would bite.

Unread 09-08-2022, 11:37 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
He’s a shister. Caused mayhem at Carlisle by all accounts.

From wiki

Still preferable to the Glazer’s, I suppose.

100 potential buyers there were for Chelsea at £3bn or whatever it was. Surely some f***er fancies buying us ffs this all feels like a continuous sick joke
*Shyster

Unread 10-08-2022, 12:51 AM
Hank Scorpio

Maybe Elon could be tempted now he's trying to reverse from the twitter deal.
Closed Thread