United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-07-2022, 04:17 PM
Whalefish

I still say United need two midfielders in this window. Fred has his uses but I struggle to see what The Scottish Player brings. Some huff and puff but very limited in other areas.

If the FDJ deal is up shit creek I'd go for Neves and Sangare (PSV). Right back worries me as well, so does our piss poor attacking options beyond say three of them (and I'm being kind).

Don't see any gap being closed atm given current signings in, still a lot of dross to move on too. Crap window so far.

Unread 28-07-2022, 04:52 PM
believe

Bit hard to see how this isn’t happening since Offoh had it confirmed by Robbo and his brother played for United for SEVEN years.

Unread 28-07-2022, 05:00 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Bit hard to see how this isn’t happening since Offoh had it confirmed by Robbo and his brother played for United for SEVEN years.
Needs to confirm brother's name for us to be sure...

Unread 28-07-2022, 05:03 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Everyone knows it...

Unread 28-07-2022, 05:18 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Everyone knows it...
Clearly not, Einstein.

Unread 28-07-2022, 05:51 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Chadwick. Think he first name was Luke?

Unread 28-07-2022, 05:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I still say United need two midfielders in this window. Fred has his uses but I struggle to see what The Scottish Player brings. Some huff and puff but very limited in other areas.

If the FDJ deal is up shit creek I'd go for Neves and Sangare (PSV). Right back worries me as well, so does our piss poor attacking options beyond say three of them (and I'm being kind).

Don't see any gap being closed atm given current signings in, still a lot of dross to move on too. Crap window so far.
Agreed on all points.

Almost as if the club came into the window with no plan.

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:02 PM
windy waffles

Number 21 still kept free by the club despite Eriksen and Martinez both wearing it last season..

ON?

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:04 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Everyone knows it...
Michael Carrick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Agreed on all points.

Almost as if the club came into the window with no plan.
It’s pretty clear they had a very definite plan of who the manage wanted to sign, no?

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:14 PM
Ronny

Both Martinez and the left back, name escapes me, were the subjects of bids from other teams forcing our hand.
so no.

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:15 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Both Martinez and the left back, name escapes me, were the subjects of bids from other teams so no.
What does that have to do with anything?

Martinez was always on our list by all accounts. Maybe Lyon bidding for Malacia just made us act quicker as he was a future target...

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:20 PM
Ronny

Quote:
What does that have to do with anything?

Martinez was always on our list by all accounts. Maybe Lyon bidding for Malacia just made us act quicker as he was a future target...
So we went into the transfer window with a left back and defender as our top targets did we?

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:32 PM
AK14

Quote:
Number 21 still kept free by the club despite Eriksen and Martinez both wearing it last season..

ON?
They’re obviously still hoping a deal can be done tbf.

We’ll probably end up paying his remaining wages or some shit on deadline day.

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:33 PM
Neo

Football

Quote:
So we went into the transfer window with a left back and defender as our top targets did we?
Just because we've signed them first, doesn't mean they were necessarily the 'top targets'.

The De Jong negotiations have been going on long before we started talks with Malacia and Martinez.

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:34 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Well our defences wasn't great last year was it, pol? I think it was definitely an area which needed strengthening...

We have signed a midfielder and actively trying to sign another...

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:43 PM
Whalefish

The bit that baffles me is the midfield has been absolute garbage for a while now. Two have left and one has returned who isn't good enough for the PL (VDB). It's as if the powers that be think we have numbers just bring one in, ignoring the fact that numbers aside it is an area lacking on quality for a while now and needs improving urgently.

Nearly every pundit for the past 3 years at least has highlighted how shit the midfield is, a pretty important area of the pitch that still allows a side to control games (thus increasing chances of winning).

Just bringing n FDJ won't make too much of a difference. I see the Dane as an improvement on Lingard/Mata, an alternative to Bruno too.

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
The bit that baffles me is the midfield has been absolute garbage for a while now. Two have left and one has returned who isn't good enough for the PL (VDB). It's as if the powers that be think we have numbers just bring one in, ignoring the fact that numbers aside it is an area lacking on quality for a while now and needs improving urgently.

Nearly every pundit for the past 3 years at least has highlighted how shit the midfield is, a pretty important area of the pitch that still allows a side to control games (thus increasing chances of winning).

Just bringing n FDJ won't make too much of a difference. I see the Dane as an improvement on Lingard/Mata, an alternative to Bruno too.
Agree entirely. We need 2 new midfielders last summer and since then we’ve lost 4

I think Eriksen is more versatile than we give him credit for, he can play deeper comfortably, but you’d not want him first choice number 8, which he is as things stand

Unread 28-07-2022, 07:19 PM
Whalefish

I don't want him near a midfield two. Imagine him alongside Fred or The Scottish Player. £#%&!ing hell!!

Unread 28-07-2022, 07:41 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

All jokes aside if we line up with Ericksen alongside The Scottish Player or Fred in a midfield 2 (a position he’s never played in his life / past life) we will be dicked by most of the league nvm City/scousers/Spurs/Chelsea. Hope the club are getting stressed out because they need to fix this quick (whether it’s FDJ or another at bare minimum)

Unread 28-07-2022, 07:55 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Play Martinez there.
Only if we’re playing no overhead height.
Closed Thread