United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology
Reply
 
Unread 23-06-2022, 05:07 PM
Finport Red
 
Default Five major planets to line up in rare planetary conjunction

Wont happen again until 2040, but Ive resisted the temptation to put 2022 in the title.

Maybe United will actually put a bid in for someone, caused by this.


Five major planets in our solar system will shine brightly in a row during a rare planetary conjunction from Friday.
If the sky is clear, the naked eye alone will be enough to see Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn glowing before dawn.
It's a special opportunity to see Mercury, which is usually obscured from view by the Sun's bright light.
The conjunction is best seen on Friday but will remain visible until Monday from most parts of the world.
The last time this conjunction happened was 2004 and it won't be seen again until 2040.
The planets will appear "like a string of pearls spread out from close to the horizon", explains space scientist and chief stargazer at the Society for Popular Astronomy Prof Lucie Green.

More -


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-61910977
 
Unread 23-06-2022, 05:11 PM
My Name is Heath
 
Thumbs down

Shame we wont be able to see Ur****
 
Unread 23-06-2022, 05:20 PM
Finport Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Shame we wont be able to see Ur****
You can glimpse it if you have a good pair of binoculars


Last time it happened was in 2004. We signed Wayne Rooney that summer.
 
Unread 23-06-2022, 05:21 PM
My Name is Heath
 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
You can glimpse it if you have a good pair of binoculars


Last time it happened was in 2004. We signed Wayne Rooney that summer.


Joining aside - thank you for the heads up!
 
Unread 23-06-2022, 05:31 PM
Arnold Muhren
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Wont happen again until 2040, but Ive resisted the temptation to put 2022 in the title.

Maybe United will actually put a bid in for someone, caused by this.


Five major planets in our solar system will shine brightly in a row during a rare planetary conjunction from Friday.
If the sky is clear, the naked eye alone will be enough to see Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn glowing before dawn.
It's a special opportunity to see Mercury, which is usually obscured from view by the Sun's bright light.
The conjunction is best seen on Friday but will remain visible until Monday from most parts of the world.
The last time this conjunction happened was 2004 and it won't be seen again until 2040.
The planets will appear "like a string of pearls spread out from close to the horizon", explains space scientist and chief stargazer at the Society for Popular Astronomy Prof Lucie Green.

More -


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-61910977
Pretty sure this was the start of an Arnie film about the coming of the Antichrist.
 
Unread 23-06-2022, 06:55 PM
Rorschach
 
Default

Cheers for the link FR - weather forecast is shite though.
 
Unread 23-06-2022, 07:05 PM
Finport Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
Cheers for the link FR - weather forecast is shite though.
Over here its one of the few clear skies weve had all summer.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Five major planets to line up in rare planetary conjunction
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
prevent the slaughter of rare species by slaughtering rare species - our future king speaks no fun News, Current Affairs & Politics 26 17-03-2016 01:28 AM
Another crescent moon with planets dodger Science & Technology 16 09-10-2015 04:29 PM
do you think that life on other planets wonky no Off Topic 15 18-03-2009 09:08 AM
Three new planets seen in another solar system koppas Science & Technology 20 14-11-2008 10:05 AM
..and suddenly all the Planets lined up.. Fountz Off Topic 10 15-02-2008 01:23 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:18 PM.

Copyright 2006 - 2022 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.