United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology

Unread 19-06-2022, 09:37 AM
Drexl

Default Hardcore Technology

Humankind gets lots wrong, but we also get stuff right.

Link us up with your gorgeous tech

Reusable rockets

Tree cutters

Unread 19-06-2022, 09:50 AM
red red robbo

What was that programme on one of the higher number Freeview stations years back, all about the logging crews in North West US? Absolutely mind blooming machinery, operated by absolutely brainless f***ing idiots

For me, radios. Where the f*** would the modern world be without wireless communications.

Unread 19-06-2022, 10:00 AM
Drexl

I should have used this footage for the opening image... for *ahem* obvious reasons

Unread 19-06-2022, 10:10 AM
Arnold Muhren

3D Printers. You can make guns, food, skin and other body parts ffs. Still thinks it’s some sort of sorcery.

Unread 19-06-2022, 10:16 AM
Bunker Buster

I'm still not over fax machines, how can I draw a spider here and you receive it there ?

HOW ?same exact drawing style ...

Unread 19-06-2022, 10:25 AM
92ToBury

Mobile phones - a blessing and a curse; dividing and linking families at the same time.

Unread 19-06-2022, 10:31 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I'm still not over fax machines, how can I draw a spider here and you receive it there ?

HOW ?same exact drawing style ...
I hear ya...

Same with fiber optic. Take my voice, turn it into LIGHT, then beam it down a thin glass tube, and reconfigure it at the other end as my exact same voice

Unread 19-06-2022, 12:43 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
What was that programme on one of the higher number Freeview stations years back, all about the logging crews in North West US? Absolutely mind blooming machinery, operated by absolutely brainless f***ing idiots

For me, radios. Where the f*** would the modern world be without wireless communications.
Speaking of radios, Google ‘foxhole radio’. Gonna make one of those in the next few days.