United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology
Reply
 
Unread 16-05-2022, 02:16 PM
92ToBury
 
Default They've fixed the Northern Line at Bank

Of course they have, now I'm not working in Canary Wharf any more.

 
Unread 16-05-2022, 02:17 PM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

Is this a humble brag ?
 
Unread 16-05-2022, 02:22 PM
NedKelly
 
Default

Have they fixed the horrendous f***ing noise the Northern Line subjects you to every time youíre unlucky enough to get on it? Or what about the endless amount of d***heads that constantly stream through via Camden?

Want to hate everything about life in general? Take a trip on the Northern line.
 
Unread 16-05-2022, 02:24 PM
Sapien
 
Default

Noticed that this morning
 
Unread 16-05-2022, 02:47 PM
Baron
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Of course they have, now I'm not working in Canary Wharf any more.
Where have you moved to? Never got to have a pint

Crossrail actually opening in the next couple of weeks also.
 
Unread 16-05-2022, 02:52 PM
92ToBury
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Is this a humble brag ?
Not quite - mixed feelings. Would have been a better experience but glad I don't have to travel on it. Nothing like "FFS, my Lambo needs a new set of tyres".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Where have you moved to? Never got to have a pint

Crossrail actually opening in the next couple of weeks also.
Back up north permanently pal. If that changes, I'm sure we can organise a CW Reds beer. At least you've got the sports bar at the Crossrail station for televised games now. Always used to be tough finding a pub showing the games there.
 
Unread 16-05-2022, 02:56 PM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

Does it still split up and go the wrong way without any notice?

Seem to recall ending up in some horrible wilderness instead of where I wanted to be.

ďThis train terminates at Camden TownĒ and all that.
 
Unread 16-05-2022, 02:57 PM
92ToBury
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Does it still split up and go the wrong way without any notice?

Seem to recall ending up in some horrible wilderness instead of where I wanted to be.

ďThis train terminates at Camden TownĒ and all that.
It'll get worse for you heading south I think (Baron can confirm) - I think there's a new branch heading off to Battersea.
 
Unread 16-05-2022, 03:01 PM
Baron
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Back up north permanently pal. If that changes, I'm sure we can organise a CW Reds beer. At least you've got the sports bar at the Crossrail station for televised games now. Always used to be tough finding a pub showing the games there.
Thankfully flexible working has taken all the sting out of needing to be there when the need to watch a game arises. Absolutely honking place for a decent match experience. Enjoy the return home.
 
Unread 16-05-2022, 03:06 PM
est.1878
 
Default

Shame we don't have three weeks left to finally sort out the London is a shit hole thing when this thread eventually defends into it. Sparky mid draft about ferrets rn
 
Unread 16-05-2022, 03:15 PM
waynes ear's
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Shame we don't have three weeks left to finally sort out the London is a shit hole thing when this thread eventually defends into it. Sparky mid draft about ferrets rn
f*** him. Hope crossrail puts him on the streets, the absolute binbag
 
Unread 16-05-2022, 03:19 PM
est.1878
 
Default

Actually, maybe we can sort this in three hours

Looks like London isn't a great place to work after all. People preferring to sit on a laptop all day in a box room in their duds eating wottsits. Would've thought it
 
Unread 16-05-2022, 03:22 PM
Noob
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Have they fixed the horrendous f***ing noise the Northern Line subjects you to every time youíre unlucky enough to get on it?
Adam Ant wrote a song based on that 'noise'.

Honestly can't understand why anyone would want to live in London. Great place to visit, but many times I've got the 06:00 from Piccadily only to have to get on the tube for the next hop. Every time just wanted to jack my job in and go home, it's a human zoo. I guess you get used to it, but there is a much better life outside that there London.
 
Unread 16-05-2022, 03:24 PM
92ToBury
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob
Adam Ant wrote a song based on that 'noise'.

Honestly can't understand why anyone would want to live in London. Great place to visit, but many times I've got the 06:00 from Piccadily only to have to get on the tube for the next hop. Every time just wanted to jack my job in and go home, it's a human zoo. I guess you get used to it, but there is a much better life outside that there London.
I ended up renting a car parking space and driving down to near city airport to get the DLR in. Not ideal either but a decent mileage claim and a more chilled out journey, even at the wheel.
 
Unread 16-05-2022, 03:27 PM
NedKelly
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob
Adam Ant wrote a song based on that 'noise'.

Honestly can't understand why anyone would want to live in London. Great place to visit, but many times I've got the 06:00 from Piccadily only to have to get on the tube for the next hop. Every time just wanted to jack my job in and go home, it's a human zoo. I guess you get used to it, but there is a much better life outside that there London.
I donít live in London, but not exactly far from as itís probably the only place in the country Iíve been able to work consistently and for (relatively) good money. Another 5 years tops of this and I think Iíll pack it in and go down the music teacher route. Get myself a settled job somewhere cosy and far away.

Often think about just moving back to Cork and farming with my cousins. Honest work, in the most beautiful place on earth.
 
Unread 16-05-2022, 03:35 PM
windy waffles
 
Default

Bank station reds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I donít live in London, but not exactly far from as itís probably the only place in the country Iíve been able to work consistently and for (relatively) good money. Another 5 years tops of this and I think Iíll pack it in and go down the music teacher route. Get myself a settled job somewhere cosy and far away.

Often think about just moving back to Cork and farming with my cousins. Honest work, in the most beautiful place on earth.
Hi Roy.

Punditry getting a bit dull?
 
Unread 16-05-2022, 06:31 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
f*** him. Hope crossrail puts him on the streets, the absolute binbag
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: They've fixed the Northern Line at Bank
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fixed Haircut. The Return of JC Off Topic 17 20-10-2009 02:57 PM
Fa Cup Draw Fixed? Stan_Tier2 Football 2 06-12-2007 09:38 AM
Just sent a letter to my bank demanding my £1900 in bank charges koppas Money 17 25-06-2007 05:27 PM
Northern p**** in the bank.. Sparky*** Money 9 27-04-2007 04:36 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:59 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2022 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.