United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-04-2022, 10:35 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Incredible considering the first goal they scored came from Dalots side the move and cross.
Headed in at Telles’ back post while he was completely absent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
I was just thinking exactly that.
You’d be crucifying Shaw for that performance yesterday.

Unread 17-04-2022, 11:13 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Headed in at Telles’ back post while he was completely absent.
Elanga not tracking Pukki was the biggest problem for that goal.

Unread 17-04-2022, 11:37 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Read that back to yourself

Unread 17-04-2022, 11:41 AM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
He’s £#%&!ing £#%&!. Honestly. Can’t run, never in position and can’t kick the ball ffs.

He’ll still be here next season
Felt sorry for Lindelof on the second goal.

Legging it backward with his head spinning all over the shop watching the Norwich player coming through the middle, the one advancing on his outside and wondering where the £#%&! his left back had disappeared to.

Surprised he didn’t fall over from dizziness.

Unread 17-04-2022, 11:44 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Felt sorry for Lindelof on the second goal.

Legging it backward with his head spinning all over the shop watching the Norwich player coming through the middle, the one advancing on his outside and wondering where the £#%&! his left back had disappeared to.

Surprised he didn’t fall over from dizziness.
He's the best of the defenders on show yesterday, comfortably. He's not strong enough for the PL, but easily the better of the defenders that aren't Varane.

I remember suggesting that Maguire's arrival had ruined Lindelof and that Maguire had dragged Lindelof's performances down during Maguire's first season. This seemed impossible to most at the time, but here we are.

Unread 17-04-2022, 11:46 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Sancho -and Lingard more likely. Telles had three players to watch. You can see him calling at someone who never comes. Same happens the other week when he was yelling at Bruno to pick up one of the spare players. Ignored. They score.

Quote:
He's the best of the defenders on show yesterday, comfortably. He's not strong enough for the PL, but easily the better of the defenders that aren't Varane.

I remember suggesting that Maguire's arrival had ruined Lindelof and that Maguire had dragged Lindelof's performances down during Maguire's first season. This seemed impossible to most at the time, but here we are.
He’s more than capable of putting in shit performances without help from Maguire. That’s like the commentator saying Maguire plays shit because he has to play on the left.

Unread 17-04-2022, 11:54 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Incredible considering the first goal they scored came from Dalots side the move and cross.
Don’t get me wrong both full backs are awful. But the bloke is stood on his own on the back post.

Unread 17-04-2022, 11:56 AM
Coracao

We haven't had a decent full back since Evra was in his pomp.

Shaw and AWB need binning this summer.

Unread 17-04-2022, 11:57 AM
andyroo

Rafael da Silva wasn't all bad, though his getting the flick was entirely warranted after his form in the lead up to it. Another one that Freggle leaving ruined.

Unread 17-04-2022, 12:44 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Sancho -and Lingard more likely. Telles had three players to watch. You can see him calling at someone who never comes. Same happens the other week when he was yelling at Bruno to pick up one of the spare players. Ignored. They score.
I was talking about our right where Pukki went into the box and Elanga who was initially with him, didn’t track his run. He’s young and will learn though. Others don’t have youthful naivety on their side as mitigation.

Unread 17-04-2022, 12:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Lindelof gets far too much stick IMO. He’s a fanny, but he’s a good defender. He’s better than Maguire. Varane coming in was meant to be the end for him and he’s been the most consistent defender this season*

*not saying much, I know.

Unread 17-04-2022, 01:01 PM
andyroo

World's Tallest Midget

There was one bit yesterday where that Pukki goon looked like he had the beating of him, but Lindelöf managed to get goalside of him by hook or crook somehow and was the only way he was going to cut him off. Did him credit and made me immensely grateful it wasn't Maguire.

Unread 17-04-2022, 01:10 PM
redhegemony

Lindelof is a decent footballer. Technically good

Unread 17-04-2022, 01:26 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
You’d be crucifying Shaw for that performance yesterday.
Firstly, I haven’t commented upon how Telles played just that I thought the first goal came from down our fight hand side. Secondly it’s been a while since I crucified Shaw. There is no longer any point as even those who used to support him can now see how shit he is.

But for the record we have 4 full backs in the first team and all at shite and with the exception of West Ham (based upon financial restraints) they would not be in any team in the top 6 or 7.

Unread 17-04-2022, 02:25 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:

He’d be a decent third choice centre half for a top side. Like Evans, never a starter in a title winning team but capable of filling in as needed.

He’s far more accomplished than a headless chicken like Maguire at the very least.

Unread 17-04-2022, 03:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Lindelof is a decent footballer. Technically good
He is but he's slow and a bit gutless. We've got worse players. We shouldn't, but we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Secondly it’s been a while since I crucified Shaw.
He's only just had the nails out

Unread 18-04-2022, 12:54 PM
redhegemony

just got round to watching MotD

First goal - Pogba and Lingard wandered back towards the box - picked up no one. Maguire comes across as Dalot is too easily beaten. Telles has no idea there is someone behind him.

Second goal - Telles out of position and no urgency to get back suddenly wakes up but runs the wrong line despite Lindelof pointing to him where to go.

'Plenty of empty seats at kick off' without saying why...tbf did mention the 'Stand up if you want Glazers out' response.

Unread 18-04-2022, 01:18 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
just got round to watching MotD

First goal - Pogba and Lingard wandered back towards the box - picked up no one. Maguire comes across as Dalot is too easily beaten. Telles has no idea there is someone behind him.

Second goal - Telles out of position and no urgency to get back suddenly wakes up but runs the wrong line despite Lindelof pointing to him where to go.

'Plenty of empty seats at kick off' without saying why...tbf did mention the 'Stand up if you want Glazers out' response.

Y’know, I know he’s a £#%&!ing useless oaf at times but old Slab… he’s got zero mf behind him, so totally exposed there. We never have one out of 4x pretty regular full backs that can defend to save their lives and an absolute shithouse of a keeper who is still suffering post Andy Caroll trauma and hasn’t come off his line ever since. Little wonder the man is a nervous wreck.

Still, just one of about 15x we need to dump.

Unread 18-04-2022, 01:21 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Y’know, I know he’s a £#%&!ing useless oaf at times but old Slab… he’s got zero mf behind him, so totally exposed there. We never have one out of 4x pretty regular full backs that can defend to save their lives and an absolute shithouse of a keeper who is still suffering post Andy Caroll trauma and hasn’t come off his line ever since. Little wonder the man is a nervous wreck.

Still, just one of about 15x we need to dump.
He would be much better with some decent cover in front and full backs who could defend and keep their positions.

Unread 18-04-2022, 01:41 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
He would be much better with some decent cover in front and full backs who could defend and keep their positions.
He's completely useless. Should he one of the first to be sold for whatever we can get.
Will never achieve anything with him around the team.