United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-02-2022, 12:22 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Is he holding us back anymore than Rashford, The Scottish Player, Fred, dalot, maguire, Lingard, Cavani, ect.....

We know what's happening with Ronaldo, he knows himself ffs. He will move on in the summer, but I'm £#%&!ing sure he wasn't brought here to be playing 4 games in 10 days at 37.

Where is that @#%&! cavani? Why was martial allowed to leave with the numbers up front so thin?

At least Ronaldo looks like he gives a £#%&!, I've not seen rashford break sweat all season.
Hard to deny

Unread 27-02-2022, 12:37 PM
AK14

Just watched the game…

We dominated and created chances but the finishing is shite

Positive to take from it obvs and as has been said since Ralf has come this isn’t a quick fix.

Unread 27-02-2022, 01:04 PM
shenwen

In terms of passages of play, we did well. Problem is in between we fall back into that tedious passing along the defence and up and down the wings. Matic only player who could make runs through the middle.

Clearly finishing was also garbage

Unread 27-02-2022, 01:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Is he holding us back anymore than Rashford, The Scottish Player, Fred, dalot, maguire, Lingard, Cavani, ect.....

We know what's happening with Ronaldo, he knows himself ffs. He will move on in the summer, but I'm £#%&!ing sure he wasn't brought here to be playing 4 games in 10 days at 37.

Where is that @#%&! cavani? Why was martial allowed to leave with the numbers up front so thin?

At least Ronaldo looks like he gives a £#%&!, I've not seen rashford break sweat all season.
The club have absolutely hamstrung themselves with their own stupid transfer policies. Exclusively buying strikers aged well north of 30, Letting forwards go on loan without brining in any sort of replacements.

Unread 27-02-2022, 01:59 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The club have absolutely hamstrung themselves with their own stupid transfer policies. Exclusively buying strikers aged well north of 30, Letting forwards go on loan without brining in any sort of replacements.
Not signing CM for donkeys years. Taking two years to chase and sign players.

That all underlined by a shit scouting recruitment team who have failed to sign a single player in the last few years who has come on and improved whilst st the club. Likes of 50 mill on AWB and 70 on slab head. 50 mill on Fred ?! I’m sure offering Sanchez 350k a week doesn’t help.

Bruno is the only signing they got right in the last 5 years or so and even then they didn’t sign him in the summer when he had his 36 mill release clause. Ended up getting him 6 months too late in the following Jan

Unread 27-02-2022, 02:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Not signing CM for donkeys years. Taking two years to chase and sign players.

That all underlined by a shit scouting recruitment team who have failed to sign a single player in the last few years who has come on and improved whilst st the club. Likes of 50 mill on AWB and 70 on slab head. 50 mill on Fred ?! I’m sure offering Sanchez 350k a week doesn’t help.

Bruno is the only signing they got right in the last 5 years or so and even then they didn’t sign him in the summer when he had his 36 mill release clause. Ended up getting him 6 months too late in the following Jan
Another symptom of our hapless stewardship under the Glazers and their lackeys.

We've got 5 players out of contract in the summer, Ronaldo will almost certainly be £#%&!ing off as well (no chance he's going to spend what little time he has left pissing about in the Europa League) Greenwood will never play for this club again and then there's the small matter of us having no full time manager.

As someone else said before, guaranteed we'll be starting next season with Martial up front with Rashford and Sancho.

Unread 27-02-2022, 02:35 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Another symptom of our hapless stewardship under the Glazers and their lackeys.

We've got 5 players out of contract in the summer, Ronaldo will almost certainly be £#%&!ing off as well (no chance he's going to spend what little time he has left pissing about in the Europa League) Greenwood will never play for this club again and then there's the small matter of us having no full time manager.

As someone else said before, guaranteed we'll be starting next season with Martial up front with Rashford and Sancho.
So right now no manager and about 6 players leaving . We have a few more levels down to go yet . Strap in for the worst summer (for football reasons) in the clubs history

Unread 27-02-2022, 10:41 PM
Stickman

As had been said - if he’s not finishing he’s not too much use. The Bruno pull back wasn’t an easy finish by any means but you’re expecting him to bury the early one and you’d have to say there was no need for him to run offside on his disallowed goal.

Worst misses for me though were Elangas that just needed to go back across goal and Bruno’s 2 first half, the volley a little unlucky to get so much body on hence dragging it but the 1:1 was a mind boggling decision to go left. Reminded me of Zlatans sometimes infuriating finishing when he did that. More interested in scoring in style than scoring there, which obviously you can ill afford at 0-0.

Forgetting who the opposition were for a moment I thought we played really well for most of it and I liked the assertiveness or the CB pairing to keep us on the front foot and minimise the £#%&!ing around back there. Matic when able is still our best midfielder by a country mile which in itself is a dire state of affairs.

I’m going to back track completely here but I think the best signing we could make for this team now would be Kane if there is to be a signing of the big money variety. Cavani and Ronaldo likely leaving with the Greenwood situation is going to kill us so if we could tempt him, I reckon he has more left in him than I thought after the Euros.

Midfield wise I can only pray Ralph earns his crust there and has 2-3 lined up for reasonable fees but yeah, even reading that back and remembering how we’re run I wouldn’t be surprised to see Donny return, and some 17 year old brought in from Velez for 25m who we loan out in January to the bottom half of la liga having never seen him play.

Unread 28-02-2022, 08:33 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
We have ended up short in attack and an injury away from being short in midfield.

The club is a mess.

Players either leaving or wanting out in the summer so we will end up either with a small squad and the new manager needing to buy a few players out of the huge £150m budget.

Or we will end up with unhappy players who want to go but we have to keep. And the same stuff happens with the new manager, leaks etc.

Joke of a club.

Unread 28-02-2022, 10:23 AM
ntipping

Very poor performance, lack that finishing in front of goal. We need Rangnick to start pushing them in training. Funny that we looked solid yesterday with Maguire on the bench...

Unread 28-02-2022, 10:39 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntipping
Very poor performance, lack that finishing in front of goal. We need Rangnick to start pushing them in training. Funny that we looked solid yesterday with Maguire on the bench...
I don’t think we looked any more solid than usual, Watford were just lacking in any attacking confidence. They slowed down several promising counter attacks and could have nicked it themselves late on.

It was all very predictable once we started missing chances. We’re not a terrible team, but our confidence is determined entirely be how we’re doing in little phases in games. You could do see it the other night: terrible for most of the night, but as soon as we scored, we were much the better side and played better in every department. Ten minutes more and we’d have won it.

Every team does this to a degree, but our confidence is shockingly fragile. So you just knew, as comfortable as we looked, we were going to become more anxious, more frustrated and more desperate with each missed chance. We went from looking in control and it being a ‘matter of time til we scored’ to looking desperate and susceptible to losing the game.

Tbh, I’d much rather see us missing chances than creating bugger all. It’s where we are as a team right, unfortunately. It’s why we can’t go into a single fixture with any genuine confidence and why we’re scrapping around between 4th and 6th.

We haven’t won three league games in a row all season. And we won’t be doing it any time soon either.

Unread 28-02-2022, 10:44 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We haven’t won three league games in a row all season. And we won’t be doing it any time soon either.
They're going to make you look silly.

Man City (A)
Tottenham (H)
Liverpool (A)

Unread 28-02-2022, 10:45 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
They're going to make you look silly.

Man City (A)
Tottenham (H)
Liverpool (A)
United, feel free to silly me up good and proper.

Unread 28-02-2022, 12:18 PM
Denis Irwell

To think, we started the season with an overburden of forwards/strikers

Ronaldo. Looks £#%&!ed
Sancho. Been ok
Martial. Martial
Cavani. Holidays
Rashford. Lost interest
Greenwood

Unread 28-02-2022, 12:52 PM
dunk

Have to wonder why Mata and Lingard aren’t getting out on in tight games like that tbh. 20 minutes of Juan actually looking for a forward pass and Lingard actually making runs, as opposed to Shaw and whatever he did or Rashford atm would surely have been a better option?

Unread 28-02-2022, 01:20 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Have to wonder why Mata and Lingard aren’t getting out on in tight games like that tbh. 20 minutes of Juan actually looking for a forward pass and Lingard actually making runs, as opposed to Shaw and whatever he did or Rashford atm would surely have been a better option?
Contract extension based of appearances for Mata perhaps?

Unread 28-02-2022, 02:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Contract extension based of appearances for Mata perhaps?
Ludicrous if true.

He shouldn’t even want a new contract ffs.

Unread 28-02-2022, 02:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yes. Mata, especially, we know his flaws, but he’s a calm head and he does have some qualities in the right circumstances.

Unread 28-02-2022, 02:14 PM
waynes ear's

Mata
Lingard

absolute garbage

Unread 28-02-2022, 02:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Mata
Lingard

absolute garbage
So is everyone else.

The bigger is that we are still reliant on these people after all these years,

We’ll probably be starting next season with rashford and martial up top and we’ll have the same problems and questions.